What is the largest know ship ever made?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Probably at least a month depending on it's complexity, amount of details and internal design. You could wireframe that Ragnarok up there in like 2 or 3 days at the most. But for something that isn't so plain it could take you a week.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How long does it take to design a ship that big in real world time assuming you spend 2 hours a day doing it?
    Took me 5-6 months to build a 3m block ship, and I spent about that much time every day.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Took me 5-6 months to build a 3m block ship, and I spent about that much time every day.
    I know you meant 3 mile long (±4828m) ship. Taking months to design a 3m (3 block) long ship would be both hilarious and very sad at the same time.

Speaking of hilarious and very sad, it has taken me 15 months to get my 820 meter long ship to I would say 65% completion. I did take a couple month long hiatus from building it and I have side tracked myself building other smaller ships when the task I have ahead of me feels too daunting. Plus I am not putting time in everyday to build it. If I had to estimate I would say that I put at least 5 hours in a week on it and not counting the few months I took off I would say I have somewhere just north of 250 hours or so on the build so far.

Part of my problem is that I keep coming back to touch things again and again because they don't feel quite right. But its about the journey right?

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I know you meant 3 mile long (±4828m) ship. Taking months to design a 3m (3 block) long ship would be both hilarious and very sad at the same time.

Speaking of hilarious and very sad, it has taken me 15 months to get my 820 meter long ship to I would say 65% completion. I did take a couple month long hiatus from building it and I have side tracked myself building other smaller ships when the task I have ahead of me feels too daunting. Plus I am not putting time in everyday to build it. If I had to estimate I would say that I put at least 5 hours in a week on it and not counting the few months I took off I would say I have somewhere just north of 250 hours or so on the build so far.

Part of my problem is that I keep coming back to touch things again and again because they don't feel quite right. But its about the journey right?
    I meant 3 million block...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I meant 3 million block...
    Mariux: 3m

Superjudge: Surely this must be a unit of length. Megawatt... no wait that's a unit of power. Micron? Microinch? Meter? Mile?

Mariux: Million...

Superjudge: MILLION!! Million?? Hmmm. I was way off! I knew it started with an M, though.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    It took me about 3 months building it, but I didnt spent 2 hours a day, more like 8 -14 hours a week. The exterior design is ofcourse from the game Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion, the interior is just improvised by me.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Mariux: 3m

Superjudge: Surely this must be a unit of length. Megawatt... no wait that's a unit of power. Micron? Microinch? Meter? Mile?

Mariux: Million...

Superjudge: MILLION!! Million?? Hmmm. I was way off! I knew it started with an M, though.
    Anyway, here's the ship in question.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/adimo-blizzard.80/

The version available to public is not yet updated, though I do have one that's almost refitted for my personal needs (just need to do the turrets and tweak the interior a bit). Although I'm also (slowly) working on a 1100m--1200m length titan. Should be about 1 million mass (10 million blocks) when done.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    When I google starmade this ship keeps popping up in old game reviews:

Then there are these on the front of my google images page:

[/IMG]

Wow, there has been a lot of awesome stuff made by this community. I remember seeing some of this when I first joined over a year ago (played for a month, then moved onto something else)(But now I'm back)

Reactions: darknassius
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    *insert awesome ships*
    Wow, what ship is the second pic? That's just incredibly elegant. Not to say the rest of those aren't sweet, but that one is incredible. The 5th ship is also an incredibly clean build. I almost mistook it for a 3D rendering.

The community is indeed very dedicated.

Reaction score
    When I google starmade this ship keeps popping up in old game reviews:

Then there are these on the front of my google images page:

[/IMG]

Wow, there has been a lot of awesome stuff made by this community. I remember seeing some of this when I first joined over a year ago (played for a month, then moved onto something else)(But now I'm back)
    wow I can rember all but three of thouse ships and downloaded almost all of them too this brings back a lot of memories from the old site I rember when the second ship was called the glaive or EXE_HULL_DONE..... wait did I end up naming it? I have forgotten.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Off topic: We should be able to sort ships by more integers, for example block count, ship power, size etc...
    I still miss the option to show the estimated price of the ship... it could be a great addition to the ships catalog... either in-game or on this site...

Reactions: Briaireous

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    sort ship by volume, sort ship by mass, sort ship by length, sort ship by shields, sort ship by energy?

Example: Display ships of 900-1100 mass, then sort by shields, power, and effects?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Before Windows decided to take away half of my ram, I was working on a colony ship that was three thousand, one hundred and fifty something meters long. I will be returning to it once I get a new graphics card and fix my ram problem but for now it is just a partially completed shell.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The largest ship I've built is 607 meters long, but again, I know that's far from the largest.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm currently working on a 600m Wraith Cruiser from Stargate. Biggest ship I've attempted making so far. After its done I might start working on either a Hive, which I will definitely have to downscale (I don't think the game, my computer, or any server can handle an 11000m long ship...), or an Ori Mothership, which is around 1100m long.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    well,i sure as hell didnt build ships over 2000m.
    But I was a proud owner of a second largest ship 2 years ago :D
    today.. these 3 ships are now scrap metal,but they look glorious.

1. my first "titan" ship,. 850m (3,5 mill blocks) spirit of fire

2. my 1100m (7mill blocks) UNSC infinity "titan"

3. and currently my longest ship ever built. 1400m Executor SSD