What Creatures/Aliens and other life forms would you like to see?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I think that star made developers only have entities in mind with the occasional small ship, not galactic empires that hunt you down and tear you atom from atom.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think that star made developers only have entities in mind with the occasional small ship, not galactic empires that hunt you down and tear you atom from atom.
    I don't think the Starmade developers plan only to have the occasional small ship in mind. I think the devs would like to expand upon the trading guild, pirates, and implement other (possibly randomly generated) NPC factions to control numerous sectors.

Now, can we stop putting our own opinions in the devs mouths, because they haven't said much on this? Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I don't think the Starmade developers plan only to have the occasional small ship in mind. I think the devs would like to expand upon the trading guild, pirates, and implement other (possibly randomly generated) NPC factions to control numerous sectors.

Now, can we stop putting our own opinions in the devs mouths, because they haven't said much on this? Thanks.
    Well, I still don't see how an entirely independent universe system will be incorporated. Because either the game will change drastically, or the ideas will change drastically to fit within the boundaries of the game. I'm not trying to incriminating here, I'm just saying that there's only so much you can do before you start violating copyrights. If you look at most of the suggestions, they are based on other games that aren't focused on building. Which leads me to my next point, star made is a game where you build to destroy, or destroy to build, yes you can have NPC's to trade with and get over salvaging enemy ships, but you can only get so far from the original idea to where it isn't really star made anymore, but has transformed into a mine craft spore-like game..

what about flamethrowers that can only be used on a planet or in a ship with oxgyen. the flamethrowers can do alot of damage to ice planet aliens and could incinerate pests and other little creatures

Reaction score
    Well, I still don't see how an entirely independent universe system will be incorporated. Because either the game will change drastically, or the ideas will change drastically to fit within the boundaries of the game. I'm not trying to incriminating here, I'm just saying that there's only so much you can do before you start violating copyrights. If you look at most of the suggestions, they are based on other games that aren't focused on building. Which leads me to my next point, star made is a game where you build to destroy, or destroy to build, yes you can have NPC's to trade with and get over salvaging enemy ships, but you can only get so far from the original idea to where it isn't really star made anymore, but has transformed into a mine craft spore-like game..
    Have you seen the trailer? What I get from (I don''t know much from the developers on this, which I am fully saying unlike this person) it is the devs want exploration to be a part of it. Seriously, whats the point to having an infinite universe if you not even going to have the mention of aliens?

Back on topic: I like the procedural generation, but i want to see those empty stations have a reason to be empty. There should be dangerous fauna. There.
    (to be honest, that reminds me of my pirate fungus theory, it basically says that pirates are fungus)

EDIT: Also, flamethrowers don't really fit in. We already spawn with a laser pistol.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Have you seen the trailer? What I get from (I don''t know much from the developers on this, which I am fully saying unlike this person) it is the devs want exploration to be a part of it. Seriously, whats the point to having an infinite universe if you not even going to have the mention of aliens?

Back on topic: I like the procedural generation, but i want to see those empty stations have a reason to be empty. There should be dangerous fauna. There.
    (to be honest, that reminds me of my pirate fungus theory, it basically says that pirates are fungus)

EDIT: Also, flamethrowers don't really fit in. We already spawn with a laser pistol.
    The new trailer has come out? Sorry, I'll go off to sulk in a corner somewhere. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reaction score
    Whatever the details, let me make this clear: the game WILL change drastically. The game is still in alpha, FAR from feature-complete. You can always expect the kind of sandbox freedom currently present to be available. However, you can expect a LOT more actual "gameplay" as the game develops. Things to do, reasons to build, challenges to overcome. Notice that the Trader NPC has an option to ask for missions. There aren't any actual missions yet, but it shows that you'll have plenty to do in the future.

I like to think of the current StarMade compared to StarMade in the future as similar to Minecraft Classic compared to the current Minecraft. HOWEVER, there's one big difference between gameplay in StarMade and gameplay in Minecraft that will always be there. In Minecraft, you build something and then you go play the game. In StarMade, you build something and USE IT to play the game. Your "diamond armor and sword" in StarMade is something you've built block by block instead of something you crafted that is the same as everyone else's. What you've built is directly relevant to the gameplay pretty much all the time, rather than being separate from the fighting and adventure. Fauna will offer a bit more to do out of your ship, but there will still be plenty to do in your ship even in singleplayer.

Or you could just nuke the Fauna from orbit (only way to be sure) and avoid EVA gameplay. (Extra-Vehicular Activity, any form of gameplay that is out of one's space vehicle, a scientific term from space/astronaut terminology. The acronym is also used in Kerbal Space Program.)

What fun would a space sim genre game be without factions vying for power and hiring the player(s) with quests to alter the face of galactic politics, or the ability to create your own empire and try to make the galaxy your own? Though I'm just tossing that question out there. That should not be taken as an official statement about the future of StarMade's gameplay.

But back on topic: Fauna.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    snip
    But back on topic: Fauna.
    Love the response Omni! I had always thought that regardless of the looks, it would be great to have some creatures drawn to the ship cores, eating through hull blocks to try and get to the core (which once eaten - overheats). It's a given that most creatures will go for players, so I thought this would add some danger to landing on certain planet types :D

Reaction score
    well i would love to see the alien creatures "Hidiaazu." in this anime
    Suisei no Gargantia

i think u should put "Hidiaazu." randomly in space in large numbers or put them near a planet thats they protect and on all planets u put weaker "Hidiaazu." that are killable but hard and they cannot go out the planet gravity.
    the aliens "Hidiaazu." in that anime would look perfect for this game in my opinion Hope u like it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Suisei no Gargantia

i think u should put "Hidiaazu." randomly in space in large numbers or put them near a planet thats they protect and on all planets u put weaker "Hidiaazu." that are killable but hard and they cannot go out the planet gravity.
    the aliens "Hidiaazu." in that anime would look perfect for this game in my opinion Hope u like it.
    There's copywrite issues with that, though. Also, it'd be much cooler if the aliens were randomly generated.

Reactions: mindlord0013
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Suisei no Gargantia

Space Squids. Like I suggested before, bro.

That's what the Hideauze are for the most part. I mean sure, you won't be able to get all the typical Gen Urobuchi suffering from murdering tons of regular Space Squids in Star Made. But close enough right?

Reaction score
    I like to think of the current StarMade compared to StarMade in the future as similar to Minecraft Classic compared to the current Minecraft. HOWEVER, there's one big difference between gameplay in StarMade and gameplay in Minecraft that will always be there. In Minecraft, you build something and then you go play the game. In StarMade, you build something and USE IT to play the game.
    This is why I've taken to liking Starmade more - there's not this insane (IMO) concept that the player needs to grind up to top-tier gear before getting to the more open-ended part of the game. I, for one, hope the developers learn from this and don't go down the "survival RPG" route...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is why I've taken to liking Starmade more - there's not this insane (IMO) concept that the player needs to grind up to top-tier gear before getting to the more open-ended part of the game. I, for one, hope the developers learn from this and don't go down the "survival RPG" route...
    Ehh, Minecraft balanced that pretty well IMO. You can use fairly cheap Iron armor and tools and you'll do pretty well as long as you don't go looking for trouble, and you can get decent L1 and L2 enchantments without grinding massive amounts of XP. But yeah, I do like how your effectiveness in the game is basically directly proportional to your amount of resources and building skill.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Anyone knows if any of these creatures are planned to be a threat to ships?
    especialy big ships?
    Or perhaps its planned so that creatures are pretty much just insignificant filling for universe so its not so empty, or collectable resource like planets, that pose no threat??

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Anyone knows if any of these creatures are planned to be a threat to ships?
    especialy big ships?
    Or perhaps its planned so that creatures are pretty much just insignificant filling for universe so its not so empty, or collectable resource like planets, that pose no threat??
    All of that stuff buddy... they will be all of that and more....you'll get it all.

Reaction score
    I would love if, in addition to randomly generated species, they could add a breeding feature similar to that of the forestry mod(and the add-on mods that go with it) in minecraft. Each species would have a list of traits(size, speed, reproduction rates, temperament, etc) that varied within the species. By breeding selected members of the species together, you can slowly alter the traits of the offspring to suite your needs. For example, you find a species of space cows on a different world. You start breeding them so they are bigger(therefore dropping more meat when killed), and so their reproduction cycles are much quicker. You'll corner the market on space beef in no time. Or you find a species of fire breathing beetles. You breed them up so they are faster, have more health, and are extremely aggressive. Drop your little pets off on an enemy planet and watch the carnage from afar.

Im sure such a system would be far too difficult to implement, but a guy can dream. lol

Reactions: Darth Cestual

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I would love if, in addition to randomly generated species, they could add a breeding feature similar to that of the forestry mod(and the add-on mods that go with it) in minecraft. Each species would have a list of traits(size, speed, reproduction rates, temperament, etc) that varied within the species. By breeding selected members of the species together, you can slowly alter the traits of the offspring to suite your needs. For example, you find a species of space cows on a different world. You start breeding them so they are bigger(therefore dropping more meat when killed), and so their reproduction cycles are much quicker. You'll corner the market on space beef in no time. Or you find a species of fire breathing beetles. You breed them up so they are faster, have more health, and are extremely aggressive. Drop your little pets off on an enemy planet and watch the carnage from afar.

Im sure such a system would be far too difficult to implement, but a guy can dream. lol
    I don't think that breeding is a good idea (it takes hundreds of generations of controlled breeding to get any effect). However, the devs have said that they would like to see genetic modification. In that you could take genes from various aliens and build your awesome customized death pet that way.