What Creatures/Aliens and other life forms would you like to see?

Reaction score
    Space whale's good an bad, Living an moving planets that eat whips, planets an asteroids with giant worms, an ecosystems that are random with different aliens on them (maybe be a smart ass an make earth or Degoba.).

Reaction score
    Alien civilizations that you can recruit or wage war against and attack their trading ships.They should be intelligent, live on planets you get the point.
    Description: some squid/human thing. lol

Reaction score
    The Matrium!

It is a type of spreading fungus that can only spread in the dark. This way, it would only exist in ships (In places were lighting isn't high) and in caves. Direct sunlight would damage it. However, if it is a player made light, its spread would decrease extremely, but could cover up the light. To defend its new growth, it could then make a few "Pods", that create a few creatures when a player comes near. Pods would probably come from advanced/less used blocks like bobby AI and computers. This would also give something for the Human NPCs to do. You could use them to defend your ship from these little buggers. The way they would spread from ships however, is that if there is over 360 "infected" blocks, then these mega spore cannons could start forming. These Spore Cannons would look like a Spore Cannon from the Zerg, in Starcraft. If a ship comes into range, it would fire from a special block called a BioMass Computer. You could basically make a biological weapon by harvesting from the spores, infesting a part of your ship on purpose to send into your enemies.

Blocks:
    Mycelium Vines - 6hp 1 armor - grows on walls. Blocks with Vines on them turn into Plagued Blocks.

Plagued Blocks - 120hp 80 armor - Is turned into by Vines. Powerful and hard to get rid of. Can spawn Emitters on them.

Emitters - 18 hp 5 armor - Makes the nearby 8x8x8 "air" blocks nearby into damaging effects. They are quite rare and only spawn in deeply infected areas.

Spawner - 22 hp 12 armor - Spawns mobile spores. Only spawns when a player is nearby.

Basicly, they are slow growing infections fungus. They grow so slowly, a server would have to be on 24/7 for the fungus to take control of a ship.

Who knows, maybe players will begin to make temples in their name :eek:

Reactions: Ithirahad

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I almost forgot the greatest space creature of all! Space Herpes!

D

Deleted member 301635

Am I the only one who's thinking of using hostile space monsters as boarders, with AI controlled Warhammer-style boarding pods?

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Am I the only one who's thinking of using hostile space monsters as boarders, with AI controlled Warhammer-style boarding pods?
    Nope, not even close. Pretty sure I've seen it mentioned at least a half-dozen times in this thread already. :D

Just remember, hostile aliens are... hostile. It's a classic Sci-Fi trope to try to use hostile aliens as weapons and end up getting slaughtered in your own hubris. Be smart, be safe: use protection. Especially the kind that can shatter a cubic meter of solid metal.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, personally I associate monsters, alien monsters if you want to call them that, more with planets.
    I would imagine hazards in space more in the form of clouds of spores and or bacteria, that could be very dangerous when traveling through for various reasons.

Life forms on planets could be anything that's imaginable, from small critters to enormous mastodons, all depending on planet type and maybe even global location in the universe. The same goes for civilizations, yes I would imagine those too. Some more and some less civilized and technically developed and also as varied as can be imagined.
    Certain civilizations could also be unique producers of certain advanced building blocks to buy, that mostly can't be obtained from shops unless a trader sold them there.This in itself would become a nice exploring incentive in the game.

It speaks for itself that all of the above, with the vastness of the universe in mind, should be sparse, many planets encountered would be uninhabited by either wildlife or civilized creatures, so exploration and traveling to distant worlds would really pay.

Well, just my two cents in this interesting thread. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would also like to see some less aggresive animals on planets that can be domesticated :P
    We need hunger system :D

Reaction score
    Well. This might've been suggested, But I'd like little dudes, y'know? I'd like to see little xeno-ant colony equivelants with lil' worker dudes, so I could let's say, capture a queen, then I could mildly inconvenience my enemies with ant infestations.

It's the most evillest thing I can imagine.

Of course, I'd want some xenomorph equivelants as well, because those are hilariously dickish. And maybe some floaty gas bags dudes as well, but I gotta admit, space-creatures like in literal big spaceship like dudes in space is a bit much, for me.