What Creatures/Aliens and other life forms would you like to see?

Reaction score
    I was thinking about creatures spreading curtain types/strains of viruses/plagues that could infect blocks, effect players, and cause explosions

Reaction score
    Clinging ability for some creatures- they can align themsevles to s hip and walk all over it (rotating to the blocks as needed.) This way I could create laser-crabs and drop them on a ship if it needs turrets, or make repair spiders or something.
    Well I'd definitely like wall-walking, hanging from ledges, clinging to walls and other related things to be some of the many traits Fauna can have if possible. Nothing says "oh holy crap" like a dozen vicious aliens dropping from the walls above where they were preparing an ambush or watching a swarm of incredibly deadly monsters crawling all over the walls as they move down a corridor toward you. We'll have to wait and see what we can include. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well I'd definitely like wall-walking, hanging from ledges, clinging to walls and other related things to be some of the many traits Fauna can have if possible. Nothing says "oh holy crap" like a dozen vicious aliens dropping from the walls above where they were preparing an ambush or watching a swarm of incredibly deadly monsters crawling all over the walls as they move down a corridor toward you. We'll have to wait and see what we can include. ;)
    You certainly took that to a dark place :P Anyway seems like motion might be part of a creature's "genetics" i.e. clinging, walking, jumping, flying, sliding/slithering, other various types of movement.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    will we get gravity that effects everything on the ship because if there is aliens on your ship you could go into your core and make them fly outside the ship. also would the aliens be able to break or open plexdoors that are closed

Reaction score
    will we get gravity that effects everything on the ship because if there is aliens on your ship you could go into your core and make them fly outside the ship. also would the aliens be able to break or open plexdoors that are closed
    Well, I'm not making any promises, but that's giving me images of throwing aliens out airlocks. Yes please.

Ideally, the Fauna will have ways to surprise you. I'm personally wary of Fauna that destroy blocks as that could get EXTREMELY annoying VERY quickly. That being said, if they could break through thin walls, and perhaps thicker walls with enough time, that would certainly be awesome. ;) (As long as it's not obnoxious.) If the damage was easy to repair and didn't happen too often it might not be too frustrating.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    I would like a fauna seat type thing. More like a glorified crate. That way fauna won't glitch out of the ship.

Reaction score
    How about some low intelegence creatures, things similar to the following

-Tribbles, except maybe larger.
    -Brahmin, or generic grazing herd animals
    -Sheep, generic wool bearing creatures
    - Crustations, NOT silverfish- please no

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How about some low intelegence creatures, things similar to the following

-Tribbles, except maybe larger.
    -Brahmin, or generic grazing herd animals
    -Sheep, generic wool bearing creatures
    -Tribbles are already a thing, so copying them would be not only lazy but illegal
    -Planned, presumably, as a creature attribute or a basic type of creature
    -Perhaps; not so sure how useful wool would be though
    -Generic land crustaceans would look a lot like giant silverfish or lobsters no matter what, but yeah, hopefully they won't act like Minecraft silverfish. :p

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    all i want is to fly across the galaxy on a magical princess pony pegesus/unicorn with pew-pew doing drive-bys and hollerin at shorties

Reaction score
    What part of...
    Yes, my job is to give you nightmares.
    ...did you not understand? :D

That being said, it is likely relatively-peaceful herbivores will be a common sight, simply due to availability of food and effectiveness of the lifestyle. Though "relatively-peaceful" is a somewhat loose specification, and there will always be exceptions.... Maybe they'll only attack if you appear to be a threat. Maybe they'll only attack if you get close. Maybe they'll attack on sight. Maybe they're an extremely xenophobic and violent species that wants nothing more than to tear your body in half and hang you up by your intestines. (Yes, even in the animal kingdom across multiple planets and evolutionary origins throughout space, you can still have racism! Well, sort of.) Point being, you'll probably have plenty of more simple, gentle Fauna. (Exactly how, what and in what quantity is yet to be determined; whatever is the most interesting and fun will probably end up being what you'll see.)

On the other hand, there are so many colorful opportunities to murder you in creative ways with vicious predators or extremely territorial beasts. Just think of all the different kinds of things you could end up getting painfully killed by. Ahh... such beautiful thoughts. You'll probably need to bring some bigger weapons. The future will hold great, great things. Great, great and extremely brutal things. And once you have enough to worry about from conventional methods of attack, perhaps there will be other forms of making your life (an entertaining) hell displayed by more unusual species.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There could be giant creatures that spawn in space that are 40m long that can destroy ships twice it size but they are slow. When you kill one of these monsters it could give some rare resources like many a item that you put into the ships core and it does something.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The guys at work were talking about their kids' games, including a lot of talk about SkyLanders, where you can mix and match upper and lower parts of action figures. Maybe such a thing could be used to create a ton of "binary" aliens from a few upper and lower halves. For instance, the lower part is a squid, while the upper part shoots an acid blob up to 15 meters. Or maybe something that can make sudden, long-distance jumps with powerful kicking legs on bottom, and has a piercing proboscis and/or crab-like claws on top.

Other alien concepts:

Here's your brahmin:

(Most of the edible meat is in the legs, I'm sure....)

This would be fun to find in abandoned stations and derelict ships:

Just lookin'....

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    I dunno, those spider things from Lost in Space were pretty sweet, and look similar to our current aliens. Not to mention they can cut through a ship's hull...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    We could look at Austrilian wildlife for inspiration.
    Giant spiders
    Bird-eating spiders (make these fighter-eating spiders)
    Snake-eating spiders (Player-eating spiders)
    Kangaroos with rocket launchers. (I think these will be just fine for starmade)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The guys at work were talking about their kids' games, including a lot of talk about SkyLanders, where you can mix and match upper and lower parts of action figures. Maybe such a thing could be used to create a ton of "binary" aliens from a few upper and lower halves.
    Pretty sure that's planned, more or less. The way I understand it: everything about a creature (physical characteristics, personality, diet, attack types, etc.) are selected from a large pool of different traits. And you can selectively breed creatures to have certain traits.

Cue mad scientists.

On a side note, the scariest thing about Australia is not the size of our snakes. It's how poisonous our snakes and spiders are. We have spiders that can kill grown adults, and almost no constrictors compared to the number of deadly venomous snakes. We also have living tanks that can get hit by a motorbike and not care at all (wreaking the bike in the process).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    THings just sitting in space, and stop you instantly if you hit them. Hmmm... with collision damage...

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Pretty sure that's planned, more or less. The way I understand it: everything about a creature (physical characteristics, personality, diet, attack types, etc.) are selected from a large pool of different traits. And you can selectively breed creatures to have certain traits.

Cue mad scientists.

On a side note, the scariest thing about Australia is not the size of our snakes. It's how poisonous our snakes and spiders are. We have spiders that can kill grown adults, and almost no constrictors compared to the number of deadly venomous snakes. We also have living tanks that can get hit by a motorbike and not care at all (wreaking the bike in the process).
    You know, I've thought up a lot about this game. Mini-games, game modes, possible improvements and implementations of current systems for new features, or new features entirely. I knew the creatures (as I understand them) are essentially modular models which can be combined in different ways, but it never crossed my mind that people would be able to breed them. Mad scientists wouldn't just be crazy people on the server who say they are, we could literally have mad scientists....and professors......and children would come from all over the 'verse to obtain these creatures so that they can set out on a grand adventure to use these creatures to fight other creatures, and capture them. All with the dreams of being the very best....like no one ever was...............

(And now I want to make a Team Rocket space ship...)

THings just sitting in space, and stop you instantly if you hit them. Hmmm... with collision damage...
    Hmm...yes....I shall call them.....planets.... ;) lol

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Planets don't attack you if you survive
    .....electronic warfare? lol depends on the planet I guess. But on a similar vein, what if there was a creature....like a giant space armadillo, it rolls up and looks like an asteroid, but it's super dense...and doesn't like it when you try to salvage it.