Weapons Demonstration: News and Discussion

Reaction score
    Thanks ghettodexter.
    Rovertoo from what i know when amc is used as a support the primary weapon has an increase in rate of fire but damaged is reduced.
    D1000 rockets can have support and effect blocks but it seems the other missile types cant. Though i feel like this will change in the future.
    When you do an amc with Damage pulse as support you get a sphere like projectile that does a lot of damage but has a long reload time.
    Great! I can't wait to experiment. Now, I am pretty sure I know what most of the effect modules do, but what's the difference between punch-through and pierce?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Tomino_sama waiting on that next weapon video also what do you feel about ^^^ docking and logic? Linking cockpits to docks creates a short range laser docking the ship to what ever core that cockpit is linked to. And you could undock from activator blocks... Automatic ship conveyor belts!!! Awesome? no!?! what do you think? canadianchuck Rovertoo schema is it possible/planned? Think of the possibilities. :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lol I have avoided those as they didn't seem to have much an affect but punch through *I think (anyone can correct me) make a small entry then spread its damage out after the first block impacted... and pierce is like laser damage. So taking a very powerful missile with pierce should reduce its radius of explosion but increase the depth of the missiles penetration... but again that just in the first bit of testing as there is much to test but no info and what being changed between dev builds. So I could be completely wrong.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    canadianchuck Again I'm not sure I do know with what I have tested in the pulse systems that you can increase the size dramatically as well as rate of pulse... I made one emp that was almost half a planet fairly easy so I think that needs to be *or may have been adjusted.

Reaction score
    So have the XML values been added to all the tertiary effects now? Because I really want to start testing them out.

A changelog would be a good idea too to see where we're at...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I've tested those new weapons, and Ion effect is so confusing. It punching through shields and damage hull or its destroying shields first? I hooked up it with damage beam to 100% effect and it does nothing. In my logic, they should kill shields to make a path for my rockets.
    What about KB's and BB's they gonna be removed? Because if you hook up D1000 with another D1000 it goes to heatseeking mode which is annoying because I only want multishot effect... Why they can't be moved to effects and used to add heatseeking or lock on? Also its look like Bobby don't know how to use them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Any who Rovertoo not sure on plugging someones youtube channels but you can follow Mushroomfleet as they have so far the best explaination of the new weapon system (second video) also check out for the best logic tutorial I can find you. Your welcome Bro.
    If you can help other in anyway then you should do so...
    Pass it on.
    I ntoiced that green lasers are very dark. Lasers are streams of light I think that middle part of lasers should be lightened up to make it looks like glow. It's just graphics trick.

Reactions: ghettodexter
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Borr As I get it ION effect just increase damage against shield, and decrease damage against everything else check it in /yourfolder/starmade/data/config/blockbehaviorconfig.xml

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've tested those new weapons, and Ion effect is so confusing. It punching through shields and damage hull or its destroying shields first? I hooked up it with damage beam to 100% effect and it does nothing. In my logic, they should kill shields to make a path for my rockets.
    What about KB's and BB's they gonna be removed? Because if you hook up D1000 with another D1000 it goes to heatseeking mode which is annoying because I only want multishot effect... Why they can't be moved to effects and used to add heatseeking or lock on? Also its look like Bobby don't know how to use them.
    Byamarro D1000 missile combos are:

D1000+D1000 - Swarm heat missles
    D1000+Damage beam - Smart Missiles
    D1000+Pulse - *dumb no lock
    D1000+AMC - *dumb no lock rapid fire

I haven't been able to get swarm dumb missiles or shot gun effect.... best replacement for that would be rapid fire.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hmmm... Swarm missiles need to either become smart missiles, or just stop acting stupid and actually seek the nearest enemy ships... You've heard people's complaints about SD-KBs, and now there's a combination that does nothing but fire tons of 'em... :\

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I Love all the new Isanths. There are like 16 now. It adds a lot more to fighting to vanilla AI considering they have plenty of varying weaponry. If you'd like to see them they are in the 5/28 dev build. Make sure you manually load them into the catalog because it isn't done automatically yet!
    Also, anybody notice how the damage beam shoots really slow now? I liked it when it was like 20 2s per second opposed to 1 40 per second.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ithirahad yes this is very frigging true... I hate the fact that my ships cant have turrets and D1000 cluster missiles or the fact that docked ships cores don't go "cold".

I mean why would heat missiles attack a ship that has been docked forever and is cold? This to me is purely stupid. Turrets I can understand being targeted as they are active... but they should make it so if AI is off AND the core is docked to something then It cant be targeted by heat systems because the ship is "off" simple fix.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Jay_do 16? I've only seen 2 type MKVI and the X what type have you been seeing I don't even see BP for any other types what are you talking about?

Reaction score
    I Love all the new Isanths. There are like 16 now. It adds a lot more to fighting to vanilla AI considering they have plenty of varying weaponry. If you'd like to see them they are in the 5/28 dev build. Make sure you manually load them into the catalog because it isn't done automatically yet!
    Also, anybody notice how the damage beam shoots really slow now? I liked it when it was like 20 2s per second opposed to 1 40 per second.
    I think the weapon systems for them should be randomised/procedural, how cool would that be? You never know what you're fighting against!

Won't work with the current engine though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ToyotaSupra soooo if it wont work... and isn't possible yet then what is he talking about? The new dev build? because I'm playing that and.... there is a graveyard of X's around my ship they all have the same weapons systems from what I have seen in battle and salvage.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Jay_do 16? I've only seen 2 type MKVI and the X what type have you been seeing I don't even see BP for any other types what are you talking about?
    See right here in the default blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    See right here in the default blueprints.
    Yea I just got the new Dev update I'm in United states so I normally am asleep when they come out thanks I'm behind 10:40am here haven't checked the download page, thanks and my bad...