WarKin.info - once 'The Rift' has changed due to new domain name

What sci fi ships would you like to see on the server?

• Babylon 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • EVE

• Battlestar Galactica

• Wing Commander

• Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Freespace

• Halo

• Other

• More Star Wars

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    What scale are these? 1/8?

What are you using to import the models? There are some curved contours (between one level of blocks and the next) that would be more accurate if they were straight...

EDIT: oh, the Victory class is 500m, so I guess the scale isn't 1/8. Is that 1/2? (I'm not familiar with it) Is everything else the same scale?

Reaction score
    What scale are these? 1/8?

What are you using to import the models? There are some curved contours (between one level of blocks and the next) that would be more accurate if they were straight...

EDIT: oh, the Victory class is 500m, so I guess the scale isn't 1/8. Is that 1/2? (I'm not familiar with it) Is everything else the same scale?
    I'm using Blender, Binvox and Vox2sm3 to import the models. SMEdit is having a lot of issues. I have been going for 1/1 scale where I can. But I have just been scaling ships to fit with the server limits. I'm open to suggestion on this, and would love to get some help with making these. I could up the server limits and build ships from the Victory SD down in full scale. Right now I'm working alone. The VSD scale would be 5/9 as it is 900m according to wookieepedia Victory I-class Star Destroyer

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I have my own projects and not enough time to do them already ;)

In your shoes I would pick one scale for all capital ships and use it consistently, so that they were all correct relative to each other. Of course 1/1 would be perfect, but if that wasn't practical I'd choose one that was, and stick with it.

Reactions: Agogeps

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The Harrower is not from the Imperial era. It's an Old Republic Era ship.

Also these ALL need wedging.

Reaction score
    Here is something new for the Imperial faction. Bff-1 Bulk Transport - 1:1 scale

The Harrower is not from the Imperial era. It's an Old Republic Era ship.

Also these ALL need wedging.
    - I'm hoping that means you're volunteering to wedge these ships. Also the canon is pretty flexible with these ships being taken by pirates the Zann consortium etc if you really get into it. There is nothing to say they couldn't be used. I'm more worried about having a little eye candy. There is also the expanded universe to consider.

Knowledge of the design remained for thousands of years, with the Sith Lord Darth Sidious remarking on its similarity to his own Imperial Star Destroyers after he became Galactic Emperor.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Here is something new for the Imperial faction. Bff-1 Bulk Transport - 1:1 scale

- I'm hoping that means you're volunteering to wedge these ships. Also the canon is pretty flexible with these ships being taken by pirates the Zann consortium etc if you really get into it. There is nothing to say they couldn't be used. I'm more worried about having a little eye candy. There is also the expanded universe to consider.
    I'm not volunteering. I have my own projects and things.

I'll believe a Harrower is around thousands of years later when I see an actual Hammerhead cruiser and not those Rebels knockoffs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I honestly might be willing to wedge the ships... I wouldn't be able to help all the time though.

Reaction score
    I honestly might be willing to wedge the ships... I wouldn't be able to help all the time though.
    That would be awesome, I can give you admin where you can access all of the project ships. Also, I'm sure the server could benefit from any creative ideas you might like to introduce. I have four other NPC factions that can be changed.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    That would be awesome, I can give you admin where you can access all of the project ships. Also, I'm sure the server could benefit from any creative ideas you might like to introduce. I have four other NPC factions that can be changed.
    I'm hoping on the server to take a look. If you catch me ever just give me a hollar. ^~^

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello, I noticed you've been trying to recruit Vaygr on your server as well as using other models that don't exactly blend well with the Star Wars styled assets and I begin to question the visual direction of your server. Is this a server strictly for a Star Wars kind of impression or is this just a server using Star Wars assets?

Reaction score
    Hello, I noticed you've been trying to recruit Vaygr on your server as well as using other models that don't exactly blend well with the Star Wars styled assets and I begin to question the visual direction of your server. Is this a server strictly for a Star Wars kind of impression or is this just a server using Star Wars assets?
    Great Question,

Right now I'm just including Star Wars as an NPC faction. The real answer is I will tailor it to who uses the server. I'm interested in supporting community and creativity. The NPC factions allow less viable designs to be used and allow players to compare their designs to Sci-FI counterparts. IE scaled tie fighters are very small in game standards. Depending on interest I could expand the factions to involve other sides from the Star Wars universe, or concentrate on material from all of Sci-FI. For example, Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG, X3, Eve Online. The arcs are open to the community. I do not want to limit player content in any way. The server will stay up as long as there is interest in it, and I will continue to add content to enrich the player experience. The other 4 factions I haven't covered use Starmade centric designs.

Any volunteer admins would be able to carve their own niche.

I have a huge collection of Sci-FI models of all genres I can import or scratch build from schematics. If a major faction like Vagyr joined the server I would focus creative NPC content on supporting that environment. It is possible to put different genres in different galaxies as well.

Here are some other WIP hulls on the server - Romulan Warbird9:10, Klingon Bird of prey 1:1 and Star Trek Voyager 1:1.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    As an update I am working on more stations, large 1km ones from the star wars universe. Also the server has new crash protection that should keep the server running with the complex crashes Starmade likes to have, not requiring Admin intervention to fix.

Here are some new imports, not yet in game, some imperial stations and a WH40k ship

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Is anyone interested in WH40k or any other specific content? I've found some awesome resources to import models.

I can also import stations

Last edited:

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Is anyone interested in WH40k or any other specific content? I've found some awesome resources to import models.

I can also import stations
    Presumably you are using SMEdit to import.
    Regardless, I would recommend contacting the administration of this server: Starmade Warhammer 40k if you would like to get some more Warhammer 40k context in terms of ships/stations. The players on said server could also assist in that regard, if you mention that this is for a community effort for another server.

Reactions: Agogeps
    Reaction score
    Regardless, I would recommend contacting the administration of this server: Starmade Warhammer 40k if you would like to get some more Warhammer 40k context in terms of ships/stations. The players on said server could also assist in that regard, if you mention that this is for a community effort for another server.
    I'm actually using Vox2sm3 with binvox blender and 3DS Max plus a few plugins to accomplish this. SMEdit is unfortunately too problematic.

Reaction score
    As you may be able to see in these images, the imports have surprisingly good detail despite not having wedges. (WH 40k ships and stations) Keep in mind these are only the raw imports

[doublepost=1483776800,1483775959][/doublepost]
    I just took a look at the Order of Bogatyrs website, and it looks to be an extraordinary gaming clan. I really enjoyed the articles. I would like to invite your community to use this server as your own. I would provide admin rights as necessary.
    [doublepost=1483779992][/doublepost]Ship mass limits have been moved north of 500k mass and 5 million blocks

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    I just took a look at the Order of Bogatyrs website, and it looks to be an extraordinary gaming clan. I really enjoyed the articles. I would like to invite your community to use this server as your own. I would provide admin rights as necessary.

You may want to correct the spelling mistake at the very centre of where players spawn on the server. Presumptuous, I know, but still notable.

Something caught my attention and I am sure other players/potential players would also be intrigued to know. What are these rooms?

The 'For Rent' display was something that did catch my attention, and if these areas are indeed for rent, whether to be constructed on by players, or for players to dock a construction there etc, that is a brilliant idea and something that I have not seen on many servers. I recall the Light vs Dark server used to have spaces at spawn for factions to advertise themselves, sectors, missions, quests etc, and if these 'spaces' have a similar purpose, then I believe this is a very good use of these rooms.

I have also noticed that nobody at this point of time owns the spawn system. Is that a rule or is that simply the case at this point of time?

On a personal issue, my ship, when spawning in the spawn sector did not load chunks, and when I re-loaded said chunks disappeared entirely, perhaps we can speak about that at another time.

Last edited: