Void Templar: Fear not death, for you have lived with honor.

Reaction score

We believe in working together in a structured manner to make a difference within the server at large.

War shall not be sought, but shall be confronted unflinchingly when it arrives.

If you join us; you will fight, you will die, you will arise stronger for it.

Why join this faction:

Meaningful ranks: Rank directly corresponds with responsibilities and duties, including a clear chain of command. New players are assigned to higher ranked players for direction and guidance, and they shall be in charge of your orders and answering any questions you may have.

Equality: The way to gain rank is set forth in plain language on the main forums without faction leaders playing favorites or randomly assigning roles. If you want a higher rank, you will have to apply for it, and earn it through preset tests of combat and skill after an initial probation period that are the same for all applicants. Anyone may rise to the highest rank of knight and have the same level of influence as the faction founder. Here you matter. Here your opinions matter. Here you will be amongst your peers and equals.

Freedom of ideas: Anyone may post suggestions on the forum in the appropriate place and if seconded by another player will be brought to a member vote.

Swift communication: We have access to a teamspeak server.

Experienced officers: Be it World of Warcraft, Travian, Guildwars 2, or other games this faction is not our first. There is no age requirement, but the majority of the faction is over twenty.

Our code of conduct: Many talk of what it is to be civil and play for the fun of the game, but we set out in clear words how we want to play the game, you can join us knowing the sort of people you will be playing with and know they will be held accountable for their actions. Never again be ashamed by what your faction has done, for you will have a hand in crafting the code we all choose to play by.

The current code of conduct is as follows:

1. Respect. Treat all others with respect. This includes your enemies and the Administrators. No foul or offensive language shall be permitted as it is most unbecoming of a knight. The Administrators are in positions of authority as they have the server owner's blessing, remember this.

2. Compassion. Aid your fellow player in their time of need. If the new have questions in chat, answer them. If someone has a request, attempt to help them. In this manner you will show your quality. We were all new once. We all need help at some point or another.

3. Knowledge. Work to better yourself and the faction, share freely general knowledge yet stats, locations, and strength is to be jealously guarded. It is the careless hand that loses its grip upon the sword. Many boast and bluster, the Void Templar must be silent.

4. Honor. Hold yourself to a higher level than you do others. This does not make you better than them, it merely helps improve the quality of the server and the environment we all play in.

5. Humility. The highest knight is no more important than the newest recruit. We are in this together. The battleships of today are the scrap of tomorrow. It is good to take pride in your work, but do not boast of it, for then it becomes a weakness and a point of contention with others.

6. Duty. If you agree to take on a task or role then complete it. Others are counting on you. You are important. You are needed here. If you cannot handle the responsibility there is no shame in it, we only ask that you not risk the progress of others and we part ways as friends.

7. Loyalty. If you are a Void Templar, then you are a Void Templar. If you must go then let us part as friends. Let us keep in touch and in time perhaps welcome you back amongst us. If you feel your loyalty is torn then you should go to the other, for this path is a difficult one, and let none fault you it. However do not take what was crafted in our name. Do not greedily horde material which is needed and counted upon. Such would be theft, and what friend steals from another? Your personal money, your personal ship, and what you joined with of course have a right to.

And as everyone likes ships here is the Domini, a modest combat vessel.

Important links

We are currently located on NASS main: nasszone.com:4242

This is a link to the main home page with a longer explanation featured: http://voidtemplar.enjin.com/

This is a link to the forums proper: http://voidtemplar.enjin.com/forum

Teamspeak may be downloaded here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Illusive's team speak server is: teamspeak-2.verygames.net:50005

Recruitment

If you wish to join post the following:

1. In game name:

2. Greatest strength in starmade:

3. How can we help you enjoy the game:

4. Do you agree with the code of conduct: Yes/No

Credits:

The following users created faction's whose announcement posts were looked to for inspiration for the above. Just so that credit is given where it is due.

TwoNiner: For the header graphic idea and modified system of government.

FlyingDebries: For formatting concepts.

Zorozeenee: Linking outside websites.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I????????????????????f???????????????????? ????????????????????y????????????????????o????????????????????u???????????????????? ????????????????????j????????????????????o????????????????????i????????????????????n???????????????????? ????????????????????u????????????????????s????????????????????;???????????????????? ????????????????????y????????????????????o????????????????????u???????????????????? ????????????????????w????????????????????i????????????????????l????????????????????l???????????????????? ????????????????????f????????????????????i????????????????????g????????????????????h????????????????????t????????????????????,???????????????????? ????????????????????y????????????????????o????????????????????u???????????????????? ????????????????????w????????????????????i????????????????????l????????????????????l???????????????????? ????????????????????d????????????????????i????????????????????e????????????????????,???????????????????? ????????????????????y????????????????????o????????????????????u???????????????????? ????????????????????w????????????????????i????????????????????l????????????????????l???????????????????? ????????????????????a????????????????????r????????????????????i????????????????????s????????????????????e???????????????????? ????????????????????s????????????????????t????????????????????r????????????????????o????????????????????n????????????????????g????????????????????e????????????????????r???????????????????? ????????????????????f????????????????????o????????????????????r???????????????????? ????????????????????i????????????????????t????????????????????.????????????????????p????????????????????l????????????????????u????????????????????s???????????????????? ????????????????????y????????????????????o????????????????????u???????????????????? ????????????????????w????????????????????i????????????????????l????????????????????l???????????????????? ????????????????????b????????????????????e????????????????????c????????????????????o????????????????????m????????????????????e???????????????????? ????????????????????a???????????????????? ????????????????????c????????????????????a????????????????????t????????????????????

Reaction score
    That sounds like a M. Night Shyamalan twist.

How fun.

The actual idea is closer to if someone joins the faction they should not be afraid of dying or losing their ship. They will learn how to fly and fight better through combat and drills held within the faction, and losing their ship just means they can get a better one built with the new knowledge acquired.

I will mention that I rather like your avatar, quite fitting with the theme you suggest.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    urghh not that guy again....comes AFTER EARTH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x4qNdSM4dA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I would like to propose an alliance between the Void Templar and the Rebel Alliance to hold a stronger bond and offer our server to use if things appear to be disruptive and unfortunate on public servers.

Just watch out for the TIE Fighters...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Your faction is very impressive and I would like to offer an alliance with you.

Reaction score
    Thank you very much for the offer, I have submitted it on our private forum for consideration.

We should chat more, our last conversation was quite nice as I recall!

Reaction score
    The Void Templar are flattered to have your attention so swiftly after creating the forum recruitment post. This offer has been submitted for member consideration on our private forums.

I will mention that our values and those of some of your members might not be as complimentary as could be desired, but what you have tried to put together with the Brotherhood is admirable in concept.

Reaction score
    we must decline your gracious offer. I wish you the best in your future endeavors and see no reason why this idea could not be revisited at a later point, but we feel the ideology of our faction would not be a good fit with the aggressive tactics exhibited by some of the brotherhoods membership in past conflicts.

If you personally wish to be friends, or have need of any help, I would happily do what I can to be of assistence. I did spot you on Illusive earlier today, contact myself or Avaire if start up material would be helpful.

Reaction score
    You may consider us allies, if you have need of our aid please do ask.

We thank you for your kind offer with switching servers, but for now we shall remain where we are.

Reaction score
    I dont understand why this faction dosent have a bunch of applications yet. It seems like a very good and organised faction. If I was gonna join another faction this would be it:)

Reaction score
    Well, it did trash a would-be-ambusher on it\'s maiden voyage... Before the shields were even done. ^.^;

Reaction score
    It was still next to the base having systems fitted lol. Avaire makes it sound like we had the bottle of champagne out and sent it on a ten sector cruise to celebrate its completion when suddenly... Ambush!

stealth ships seem quite popular on illusive for such raids.

we ended up befriending the raider though and agreeing to peace, quite a decent chap after a bit of a chat. I look forward to fighting him again.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I am working on a battlecrusier for VT and I can tell you a bit about it.

Stats

Length: 700m+

Height: 50-70m

Width: 100m+

Here is the good stuff

Shields: Classified

Weapons: Classifed

Mass: Classified

Energy Regen: Classified

Power storage: Classified

Shield regeneration: Classified

Hangar: N/A

:p

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    did you hotlink the images in the OP from 4chan?

even better question, why from /b/ of all places?

Reaction score
    Yes you are correct. I posted there because I could not make imgur link without breaking the picture so I needed someplace else to host the pictures temporarily. As to why /b that would be due to /b\'s swift flow of traffic allowing me to throw something up, link it, and allow it to be carried off into oblivion in short order without taking up space, also it had nothing to do with anything else or any of the threads so seemed appropriately random.

If you have any suggestions Comr4de you do have my attention and I would be willing to listen.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    if you\'re looking for a good imagehost other than imgur imageshack is my personal second best.

looks decent enough for a faction, well done

Reaction score
    I will look into imageshack as an alternative. It would definitely beat having to race the thread crawl to destruction on other image forums!