- Nov 1, 2013
- Reaction score
We believe in working together in a structured manner to make a difference within the server at large.
War shall not be sought, but shall be confronted unflinchingly when it arrives.
If you join us; you will fight, you will die, you will arise stronger for it.
Why join this faction:
Meaningful ranks: Rank directly corresponds with responsibilities and duties, including a clear chain of command. New players are assigned to higher ranked players for direction and guidance, and they shall be in charge of your orders and answering any questions you may have.
Equality: The way to gain rank is set forth in plain language on the main forums without faction leaders playing favorites or randomly assigning roles. If you want a higher rank, you will have to apply for it, and earn it through preset tests of combat and skill after an initial probation period that are the same for all applicants. Anyone may rise to the highest rank of knight and have the same level of influence as the faction founder. Here you matter. Here your opinions matter. Here you will be amongst your peers and equals.
Freedom of ideas: Anyone may post suggestions on the forum in the appropriate place and if seconded by another player will be brought to a member vote.
Swift communication: We have access to a teamspeak server.
Experienced officers: Be it World of Warcraft, Travian, Guildwars 2, or other games this faction is not our first. There is no age requirement, but the majority of the faction is over twenty.
Our code of conduct: Many talk of what it is to be civil and play for the fun of the game, but we set out in clear words how we want to play the game, you can join us knowing the sort of people you will be playing with and know they will be held accountable for their actions. Never again be ashamed by what your faction has done, for you will have a hand in crafting the code we all choose to play by.
The current code of conduct is as follows:
1. Respect. Treat all others with respect. This includes your enemies and the Administrators. No foul or offensive language shall be permitted as it is most unbecoming of a knight. The Administrators are in positions of authority as they have the server owner's blessing, remember this.
2. Compassion. Aid your fellow player in their time of need. If the new have questions in chat, answer them. If someone has a request, attempt to help them. In this manner you will show your quality. We were all new once. We all need help at some point or another.
3. Knowledge. Work to better yourself and the faction, share freely general knowledge yet stats, locations, and strength is to be jealously guarded. It is the careless hand that loses its grip upon the sword. Many boast and bluster, the Void Templar must be silent.
4. Honor. Hold yourself to a higher level than you do others. This does not make you better than them, it merely helps improve the quality of the server and the environment we all play in.
5. Humility. The highest knight is no more important than the newest recruit. We are in this together. The battleships of today are the scrap of tomorrow. It is good to take pride in your work, but do not boast of it, for then it becomes a weakness and a point of contention with others.
6. Duty. If you agree to take on a task or role then complete it. Others are counting on you. You are important. You are needed here. If you cannot handle the responsibility there is no shame in it, we only ask that you not risk the progress of others and we part ways as friends.
7. Loyalty. If you are a Void Templar, then you are a Void Templar. If you must go then let us part as friends. Let us keep in touch and in time perhaps welcome you back amongst us. If you feel your loyalty is torn then you should go to the other, for this path is a difficult one, and let none fault you it. However do not take what was crafted in our name. Do not greedily horde material which is needed and counted upon. Such would be theft, and what friend steals from another? Your personal money, your personal ship, and what you joined with of course have a right to.
And as everyone likes ships here is the Domini, a modest combat vessel.
We are currently located on NASS main: nasszone.com:4242
This is a link to the main home page with a longer explanation featured: http://voidtemplar.enjin.com/
This is a link to the forums proper: http://voidtemplar.enjin.com/forum
Teamspeak may be downloaded here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
Illusive's team speak server is: teamspeak-2.verygames.net:50005
If you wish to join post the following:
1. In game name:
2. Greatest strength in starmade:
3. How can we help you enjoy the game:
4. Do you agree with the code of conduct: Yes/No
The following users created faction's whose announcement posts were looked to for inspiration for the above. Just so that credit is given where it is due.
TwoNiner: For the header graphic idea and modified system of government.
FlyingDebries: For formatting concepts.
Zorozeenee: Linking outside websites.