Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    well what can i say all the ships look good and fight good (minus that small turret \"fix\") they out preform a lot of ships i have made. keep up the good work. (good luck at the dad thing)

Reaction score
    Fantastic. If you can arrange for this to be wall-paper sized (1920 x 1080 for me), I will negotiate suitable recompense with you. Because that\'s a sexy, sexy ship yard.

Reaction score
    I like this! It looks very reptillian to me. Pretty sweet. Thanks a lot for sharing it. :D

Reaction score
    Its good to see you gearing up for the arrival of your baby. Things will be hectic but its worth it. I guess all of use will just have to keep bussy and have new things to surprise ya with when you get a chance to log on and check up on things.

I have been bussy not that I got my muse back and working on the hull I already did I decided I could change it more and upgrade the turrents while I was at it.

Here is what the Freyr Mk II looks like

In the foreground is its littel brother, which I have not named yet.

Reaction score
    I don\'t have much time tonight, but I thought I\'d post up the Dirge Mk1-R3 for ya. It\'s got not-broken turrets, a very slight increase in shield capacity, a few cosmetic fixes and an armored Omnidrone.

The OP has the link, but you can also go here.

It\'s not a radical redesign by any means. Check this updated marketing pic:

Reaction score
    We\'ll happily sell you any number of additional practice Dirge\'s for your fine ships to blow up at a slight +5% Reverse Discount!

No refunds!

Reaction score
    The Changes look good, I am going to be using that discount on Dirges for target practice since, I am in the act of building my newest ship to date. So far its main hull is 150+meters long without drive or comand sections. I figure it coming in at a minimum of 225 meters with a 250 more than likely. Its a main combat cruiser or Heavy Destroyer not sure which yet. I think I\'ll have enough of it done tomarrow to let you have a look.

Reaction score
    I slapped the new turrets on the Forte and modified the hull accordingly to accommodate that. I am a bit iffy on the upper turrets , but really like the quartets on the underside. I may do an R3 soon. It\'s available on the OP and looks like this:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have to admit I have a special affinity for the old three-shooters as I really liked the look, but it would also appear that these new turrets are better in every other way. Any tips on how to get the turrets to spawn near your ships so it\'s not such a drag (literally) to get them back to your ship?

Keep up the great work Vecs, and good luck with the fathering!

Cheers,

PIRATE

Reaction score
    I like to maneuver my space-meat-man suit a bit above or below the ship and spawn it there. Then its just a matter of hopping in, aiming the docking laser and firing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I do that too. Makes everything much easier.

The \"Increddibarrel\" made me laugh, looks a helluva lot better now though.

Reaction score
    I have been working while my muse lasts and have the ground work done on that Destroyer/Cruiser I mentioned. I seems I was right and its250 meters long. I only just finished cutting out the areas for the main Dual Cannons which it will have 4. 2 top mounter forward facing and 2 rear facing one of which is bottom mounted. Not too sure about secondary defense turrets but I would appreciate any feed back and suggestions.

Reaction score
    The VFW engineering drones and our secretive order of shipsmiths have offered the following suggestions. These are by no means definitive and you may disregard any or all of them.

1) Main turret coverage: Your ship lacks any forward underside turrets. We\'re assuming this ship is designed to engage via broadside (rather than head-on like VFW designs), so the lack of underside turrets isn\'t crippling, but it does present an obvious blind spot that might be exploited.

Recommendations: A) Relocate the underside rear turret to a more central location where it can cover fore/aft and port/starbord. B) Ensure there are enough smaller defensive gun emplacements in that are to discourage exploitation by smaller craft.

2) Sponsons. You have a nice, smooth, vaguely cetacean hull here. Rather than breaking up its pleasing profile by cutting flat areas out of it as gun mounts, additional armament can be placed on small extentions that protrude horizontally out of the hull. These offer the weapons mounted on them a wide arc of fire and ensure that a castrophic failure on their part doesn\'t leave hole in the primary hull. Our own Nocturne features four defensive turrets on small sponsons near the nose if you\'d like a visual example.

3) Texturing. Though entirely nit-picky and not at all necessary, the flat, boxy areas that link the curved forward hull to the cylindrical base of the drive section are great places to add some interesting detail work. Rather than a simple paint job, it seems a nice area to add some vents, tubing, light turret sponsons, or some rounded armor plates. Something visually interesting, either way.

That\'s all they have offered other than some general grumbles about why they aren\'t allowed to make ships like that

Silly shipsmiths.

Reaction score
    I\'ve left the Nocturne and Ensemble up, but have decided the current models will not be updated. The amount of work required to adapt the existing designs is going to be time-consuming and, I feel, wasted.

So. Tonight, I intend to get the much-overdue Breakfast Ship finished up. I will work my crude Vecordian ship sorceries on Cybertooth\'s design tomorrow.

And then?

Dirge Mk II\'s being renamed to the Dissonance. It\'s so radically different from the MK 1 in terms of mission profile and capabilities, it makes no sense to give it the same name. I WILL make a Mk II Dirge, but it\'ll be much closer to the original in terms of design. Single-drive, needle-nose, that sort of thing.

Once that\'s done, Nocturne Mk II and a radically redesigned Ensemble LCV.

Stay tuned and thank you for your patience! As a reward, feel free to take advantage of a 10% Reverse Discount and a stop by our Kiosk of Weeping for a free bucket of lice.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Without to much effort I can make my UCS refit of the Ensemble available for download in the meantime while you perform a full overhaul, I just have to add a full compliment of rear-core Tremelos and fix the cuts I made into the hull.

Reaction score
    Send us the revised schematics and we\'ll make our decision then. The UCS has been hard at work correcting the issues with their existing stock of VFW ships and if they can extend the lifespan of the Mk I, we would be remiss not to find some suitably acceptable arrangement as our way of saying \"thanks!\"

Reaction score
    We\'ve sent the first pre-production revision to Yhgi117 for his approval (or stern, scathing disapproval). Depending on how he feels about your slip-shod reworking, we\'ll have it posted soon!

Or never.

Either one!

Reaction score
    The most excellent Sven_The_Slayer and his United Colonial Corps Shipyards have generously donated their time to bring the Ensemble MK I up to snuff. This update will be referred to as the Ensemble LCV MK1-UCS-R1 in our internal indexing and as the \"USC Maintenance Refit\" in general conversation.

Thanks a lot, Sven! You saved us valuable time and did good work to boot.

Remember, Dearest, Most Beloved Customers: The Tremelo MKI is not compatible with the UCS Maintenance Refit of the Ensemble. Due to our near-endless abuse of space-time, the official Tremelo isn\'t very docking friendly any more. Sven\'s is better, so make sure you use the versions that come with his refit with his refit carrier. We like them so much we\'re gonna see if we can\'t use them on everything.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m going to admit I thought this said recorded fireworks, and I thought you had created a disintegrator+missile based fireworks launcher. Sadly this is not the case.

However, rad ships of radditude reaching the 1.21 raddawatts range. That\'s enough to power twenty Dudes!