Vecordean Fleetworks

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    for my likeness of ships can you please build a very killer giant ship?

Reaction score
    Due to lack of any meaningful oversight, the processes by which our ships are constructed have already poisoned several worlds so badly, that only the Ur-Things can grow upon them. In that sense, even something as lowly as a bottle of VFW-branded Mating Spray has been indirectly responsible for the ruining of worlds and the loss of several young, dynamic, emergent sentient species.

Reaction score
    Repotrs are coming in that a new fleet of Pirate vessels are found equiped with the famous (Fantail) engine from the big shipworks compagny: Vecordean Fleetworks.

Several solar systems are being attacked by massive waves of these new ships, leaving a trail of death and destruction. Shops and Traiding Guild ships blown to bits, plantes left abandon and chared, but one system thats surprisingly hit the hardest, is the heavily fortified and protected system of Hans.

With many of its planets, rich with Ice crystals, the Hansys created the biggest galactic protection corp, comprising of hundreds of heavy corvettes, 3 capital ships , 5 large carriers boasting with thousands of fighters, witch is now redused to thousands of derelict ships. Our passing(The Galactic News crew), thru the sector, as found no survivors.

Amazingly, the only working vessel we\'ve found was an escape pod, It looked like it was rip from its launch tube, there was no one in it. WIth the help of our computer tech, we\'ve decripted the pods sensor logs, here are the only images of this new Pirate ship: http://imgur.com/a/AaGFK

My team and I have made many attemps to communicate with the Heads of Vecordean Shipworks to shine a light on this matter and getting answers.....but they\'ve changed their phone number and left their Sol system station Headquarters office space, leaving only empty boxes and filers and no traces to there wearabouts.

This is Casta reporting Live from the Hans System, This is The Galactic News!!!!

Reaction score
    Being an unaligned ship design and manufacturing firm, our ships end up all over the place. We don\'t particularly care about the politics involved when the fleets of private concerns or nation states clash. Secure in our secret assembly yards hidden deep within a pocket dimension made of horrors, we are safe from the petty squabbles of the meat-beings. If some humanoid fleet were to breach that barrier and assail our realm, it would only serve as an offering of flesh for our unspeakable betentacled corporate overlord.

Haha! Good times.

As for that ship in this news story, we can gladly say it isn\'t ours. It is simply a cheap knock-off manufactured by the same trans-system media conglomerate currently pillaging the outlands in yet another boring attempt to raise ratings in thier home systems. Our offices in the Sol system are where they have always been: in the hearts and minds of our beloved customers. Feel free to contact us by wishing really hard. Our legion of thought-siphoning service drones will be happy to respond. If that fails and/or you wish to keep your sanity intact, feel free to ask them here on this very thread!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    That sure looks like something pirates would do, take existing ships and tech and hodgepodge them together.

Reaction score
    The winners of our corvette contest will show up in our catalog later this week. We apologize for the recent dearth of meaningful updates and rest assured, dearest customers, that we are still working hard to produce vessels that are pleasing to the eye and devestating to the pocketbook.

Our cruiser will likely take some time to complete as, after having been shown up repeatedly by our competitors we want to \"kick things up one or several notches\" in the parlance of the common man. It\'ll serve as a testbed for some new design elements which will then be added to our existing library of vessels as Mark II iterations of the current designs.

(( Realest of Lifes note: I have a tiny human larva on the way and have birth classes to attend with my lovely lady-wife along with additional short-term work responsibilities which require me to spend several hours every night monitoring and fixing broken computer-bits. This means I won\'t have as much time to play Starmade as I\'d like. ))

Reaction score
    Uh-oh! It seems someone enabled my \"strange and terrible fancy\" subroutine. Oh how it claws at me.

Stay tuned.

Reaction score
    Any one feel like hazarding a guess as to what this nearly-completed prototype is? Looks a bit familiar, doesn\'t it?

It seems that adding Glowing Mystery Effluvia Jam to the impeller sub assemblies and adding some experimental cross-links boosts the thrust output of these prototype Mk II Fantail Drives (TM) by 40% over our pervious frigate-grade model.

The added thrust makes up for the added layer of armor plating. Armor cowlings help protect the dual drive impellers despite them peaking out from behind an elegently curved forward hull.

Whadda ya think folks?

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Dual-engined, white, armored Dirge under construction?

Reaction score
    The prototype for the Mk 2 Dirge, the Vecordean Fleetwoorks Corporate Warfleet Vessel (VFWCWFV) Dirge of Scythia. I want to get the new VFW look down before I start working on the contest winners.

Whatcha think, folks? White/black or should I return to the traditional VFW yellow/black?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    New color scheme looks sharp. Surprised by the mass of the wheel wells.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I liked the yellow/black more. Dunno, it just had more colour and colour is always good. There are so many grey ships out there..

Reaction score
    The armor cowlings aren\'t too massive, actually. The added thrust really offsets it. It does drive the price up further, which is a shame, but we do plan on using non-hardened hull bits for the internal detailing this time around in order to help with the overall expense and weight. Inside, it\'s larger than the Mk I Dirge and already has far more available power and heavier shields. We plan on capitalizing on this by adding a ventral fixed weapon pod and much heavier hull-mounted guns.

We\'ve learned quite a bit since we started our fleet works and it\'s time to put that knowledge into practice with our most popular vessel.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I vote to stay with yellow black for the VFW line and perhaps adopt a new color for when you start a new line.

Also congratulations on that prototype offspring I heard you\'re working on.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Personally, I prefered your ships in yellow. I feel its just a nicer warmer colour. And when i see your work the yellow hull seems as much as a trademark, to me, as the fantail drive is.

Reaction score
    We shall resume the use of the traditional Yellow/Black scheme for our commercial products. Worry not, dearest Trollerbobman, we will simply swap white bits for yellow bits and then apply the new livery designs to the outside.

Also, did you know that the VFW\'s Warfare Beaurau maintains an extensive Doctrine of Battle that drives our classification system and overall ship design? While far too extensive to post here, we can always answer any questions about our designs and how best to deploy them. There are also entire chapters devoted to vessel naming conventions, VFW-Standard weapon types, and even the color of Suspiciously Ham-Tasting Nutrient Paste we recommend be served to your brave, but ultimately expendable naval ratings!