Vecordean Fleetworks

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I think it was a good colour scheme. Add in some extra coloured details, and they\'d really stand out on the white. But, you know your customers. :) Bumblebees it is.

Reaction score
    Here\'s the recolored Dirge Mk II. It\'s still missing its ventral turret docks, but the paint job is almost done. Gone is the blocky spelling of the class name and, in it\'s place, a simple and elegent VFW logo along with various stripes, blandishments, and what have you.

A side-on-view to give you a better idea of how it comes together. I\'ll likely rework the drive armor cowlings a little bit in the interest of neatness, but I went with the upper bits of a full-sized Wingy Thing emblem rather than a scaled down version like the older model. I also plan on adding a yellow V to the actual drive sections themselves to complete the look.

Unfortunately, the current update has broken turret docking on most of my ships and I\'ll need to wait for some sort of fix before I can proceed much further.

How does this revamped aesthetic compare to the older one? EIther way, this is the new standard and it\'ll roll out with the VFW contest winners next before propogating to the rest of the fleet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looks good ! But your bird on the back looks a bit odd. The symetry is messed up I think.

I can\'t wait to see our reworked ships ! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The reworked Dirge looks really nice; I like the menacingly bulky feel of the vessel. The new paint scheme works really well also. I look forward to seeing these on the market. :)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    My previous combat trials against the Dirge took one out with a single missile strike, this mark 2 looks like it\'s much beefier and can stand up to a little more punishment.

Reaction score
    Was a thin, knife-like craft who\'s core wasn\'t deep enough into the vessel or heavily armored enough to take single torpedo hit to the flank once its shields went down.

So, here\'s a comparison shot. Note that the Mk II is sitting slightly higher but that the two vessels are roughly lined up on their lateral turret docking ports. This is actually cropped down a bit in order to hide a secret vessel we\'ve \"procured\" from a competitor.

The Mk 2 is roughtly 15 meters longer than the Mk 1, and nearly half again as wide. With the additional shielding and redundant power supplies, it\'s capable of supporting much, much heavier weapons and easily sustain a 6:1 thrust/mass ratio. It\'s core is located in the center of the craft and is kept within an armored bridge section. This is a true fleet ship, capable of operating in groups to take down heavier vessels or in support of our Heavy Destroyers. It is such a radical overall improvement that we\'re tempted to give it its own class designation. But we won\'t! We like money too much.

Reaction score
    Awesome! But I have a suggestion - you should release versions of your ships without the name written on the hull. There is usually ship\'s own name on the hull, and having model name there looks weird.

Reaction score
    Figure out how to write \"Dirge of Scythia\" in 5x3 font on a ship this size and I\'ll start doing it.

Or you can pretend \"Dirge - 01\" or \"Dirge - 05\" is the ship\'s registry number.

Or you can remove them yourself. It\'s the work of only a few moments and some folks, like Foehammer, completely repaint our designs with their own color/livery scheme. In the meantime, enjoy our ships, dearest customer! We both love* and cherish** you!

*VFW marketing AI\'s are incapable of any emotion other than suffering

**VFW marketing AI\'s are incapable of appreciating or even caring about pondering the meaning of a single human life.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I made these to thank MisterVec for getting me into ship building, First, my reapainted Tremelo

Reaction score
    Love it! We\'re always excited to see our customers making our designs their own.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    once it is finished.

The ship in question is a Titan/destroyer with the length of 620 meters, consisting of over 3 million blocks and lots of other large statistics which will soon become apparent. It also comes with a fancy name and position lights as standard.

It was originally intended as a faction ship, however it sort of took off in it\'s own direction and it may be suitable for VFW as a result.

Reaction score
    While we rarely actively solicit designs, if something outstanding in the VFW style happens to show up, it may change our minds.

Just remember: We won\'t accept ships without Fantail Drives (tm) and that lack a great deal of internal detailing. Either way, we\'d definitely like to see it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    it may not be suitable after all :P It will need a fair bit of interior works done. No fantail drives on it so far but I think it would be good to utilise that idea in some way. The back of it needs some nice details. I have a few things to think about then ^^

Reaction score
    Do you have any recommendations on a fighter?

Preferably quite small but packs a punch...

Reaction score
    So, check out the Tremelo fighter in the first post of this very thread for a download link.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This Mk2 looks good Vec, it seems like a combat Drige where the Mk1 to me is used more as a patrol frigate with the speed it has and lack of protection. I still think the Mk1 is my favorite of your ships, but this will be added too.

Reaction score
    nice job on the Mk2 but the void duct thing on the bottom looks kind of silly.