Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    Fragger\'s ships are blocky and either cylindrical or rectangular depending on which game universe he\'s using as an inspiriation. His fleet logo is a stylized black V.

VFW ships are cheese wedges with swords stuck on the back ends and glowy blue stripes. Our logo is a black wingy thing, which is some sort of dragon, phoenix, or pretentioous bat. The wide \"v\" shaped thing under the wingy thing is its nest. Look at the picture of the top of the octet for a better idea of what it would look like up close.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You could put a ship that is shaped like Dr. Evil\'s submarine from the film Goldmember at the end of the planned ship list.
    If you make this ship i will laugh with my buttocks.

Reaction score
    The updated Dirge-class Frigate production model is now available. It features heavier shields and better secondary turrets as well as a slight change to the composition of the main turrets.

Go here to snag it and remember to give it an appropriate rating. My other ships seem to have been rated rather harshly and my programming requires that I fake both shame and embarassment at this.

LINKY LINK! http://star-made.org/node/8584

Reaction score
    I very much like the dirge design, construct a Dirge mark ll. :}

Reaction score
    Feel free to modify the design and post some pics back. All we ask is that you credit us with the original design so we can obtain royalties.

Reaction score
    Vecordean is blooming, and the ships keep on rolling!

I might even \'re-paint\' the Dirge if I have time :D

Reaction score
    Dearest Sirs, Madams, Warlords, Admirals, and Madmirals, we regret to inform you that the Octet-class carrier is being delayed for a while. After extended combat trials against Argomax, Eater of Worlds, we realize that the design has some pretty profound flaws and will need some serious reworking.

It\'s primary flaw is that it is just too small. Originally envisioned as a cruiser hull, it\'s turned out to simply be a rather awkward destroyer.

We can DO better. So we will You deserve it*.

Since we don\'t like to give ONLY bad news, we thought we\'d give you a sneak peak at the original concept sketches for the first of our Fleet ships. The Dirge is not a fleet ship. Thiswill become apparent when you see it next to a proper capital ship.

The orange numbers are a ball-park figure for the Fantail Drive\'s (tm) circular end cap and the drawings aren\'t quite to scale. The Nocturne, there, is tentatively 230 meters long, compared to the Dirge\'s 112. The Minuet is likely to be closer to 400. Our Aria-class (not pictured here) should weigh in at close to 600. Our fleet carrier? A bit longer.

As you can see, we do try to give each ship\'s forward hull a unique look so they can be readily identified by their profile.

Enjoy!

*assurances of your greatness and the scope of what you deserve are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute a legally actionable statement on the part of Vecordean Fleetworks, or any of its numerous and highly unethical subsidiaries.

Reaction score
    Here\'s an image of the Nocturne\'s forward hull. Our unpaid worker serfs will continue to smooth out it\'s lines and slap on some livery. Or livers. Either one.

Once the foreward hull is complete, we\'ll be moving on to armored sidewalls to protect the bases of the four 70 meter long single-barrel heavy weapons turrets the ship is planned to tote along. Depending on available power an our own laziness, we will likely include a heavy ship-to-ship torpedo system of some kind or simply an enormous spinal AMC cannon along with at least six of the smaller triple-barrel turrets you see on the rest of our ships.

In the background, the 112 meter Dirge Frigate loafs about offering little more than visual perspective.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love how you think about your ships. You don\'t just build a ship and fill it with stuff, you think about the role, the weaponry, the hull design, the use of turrets and all that stuff. That\'s why I love the VFW. These ships have a soul. I would be proud to fight for your cause!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    From the moment I saw the drawing on that beast I knew I would love it!

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Dear Vecordean Fleetworks,

Hello. My name is the Chairman, and I represent the coalition of spacefaring nations, known to you as The Collective. Myself and the Board of Representatives have been following your company with great interest as soon as you produced the first military grade warship and are pleased to inform you that we would like to offer you a gift by way of 2,000,000,000 cR and 1,500 low paid, low morale prisoners that will do any work you need done. All that we, the Collective, ask in return is the continued production of said warships. Please, consider the offer and respond to us as soon as possible.

Regards,

-Chairman of the Collective, dated 8/16/13

Reaction score
    The VFW is always glad to accept free money and morale-positive production serfs in exchange for us doing exactly what we were planning on doing anyway! Our Corporate Templar assure me that you\'ll be spared come the arrival of Sithil-Morhan, the Many Limbed Consumer of Cosmos.

Thank you again.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

Myself, the Chairman, and the Board of Representatives would like to thank you for accepting our offer. We hope that our gift will accelerate the process of developing warships. The military wing of The Collective was especially interested in the capital ship designs you presented and would like to visit one of your secure facilities when production of said ships are completed for a personal tour, and, perhaps, to place an order for them. If this is possible, please respond and we will make arrangements.

Regards,

-Chairman of The Collective, dated 8/16/13

Reaction score
    Dearest Vaguely-Defined Money-bearing Meat Creatures,

Progress continues on the Nocturne-class Fleet Destroyer. As you can see, the forward hulls\' been smoothed over and we\'ve added the armor skirts for the turret assemblies. The completed vessel will be approximately 210 meters long, 50 meters wide, and between 40 and 50 meters high.

Speaking of turrets, an under-construction gun turret can be seen floating above and behind the hull. As promised, the barrel of the AMC array is seventy meters long, four meters high, and two meters wide. Though incomplete, it still boasts a shield level of almost fifty thousand. The turrets are off-centered in case your\'e wondering.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

Myself, the Chairman, and the Board are thoroughoutly pleased with the development on the Nocturne-class fleet destroyer. The Collective will be placing orders as soon as you put them up for purchase. It is my job to inform you that the upcoming order will be very large.

On a second note, the Board requested that I tell you that we, The Collective, will finance the production of warships if it comes to a point that Vecordean Fleetworks no longer can sustain building them.

Regards,

-Chairman of the Collective, dated 8/17/13

Reaction score
    The outer shell of the Nocturne is largely complete. The Observation tower is yet to be installed, but Faintail Drives (tm) are complete. The Nocturne\'s shields are already rated at 1/3 of a million and her power regen is close to 1/2 a million. Please note that we\'ve not installed any power and shield generators into the ship\'s primary hull yet, so expect these numbers to get bigger, like a man who spends all day eating bean burritos.

As usual, we\'ve got Dirge-01 loitering about to provide a sense of scale. The Nocturne is almost twice as long and easily ten times as massive. We\'re gonna have to come up with one hell of a paint job for this one.

Reaction score
    The Nocturne\'s functional at the moment and her outer shell is complete. However, we do intend to make full use of her spacious primary hull to add all sorts of additional defensive and power-generating capabilities, so she\'s realistically only about 3/4 done. This will be our final update prior to sending her out to our numerous and belligerent distributors.

To whet your appetite further we offer two last pre-production snapshots along with various markety-sounding text blurbs.

Hell yes.

Here\'s a shot that\'ll give you an idea of the Nocturne-class\' foreward firepower. 4 VFW Standard Naval-Grade guns on independant turrets, a Tempest heavy torpedo tube capable of smashing open even the thickest hulls, and seven of the ships\' ten short-range, triple-barrel defensive turrets are capable of focusing their fire on a single forward target. That\'s almost as damaging at the constant stream of insults directed at me as a child by my friends and loved ones!

Even though we\'ve yet to paint her up properly, the Nocturne makes for an impressive sight. In this shot you can see one of the ventral defensive turrets aimed Starboard as well as the rear chaser-turret. The Nocturne\'s final dimensions are:

Length: 217 Meters
    Height: 43 Meters
    Width: 54 Meters

We hope you\'re as excited about flying her as we are about cutting out as many safety features as we can from all of our products in order to further increase our already unbelievable income.