Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    I\'ll look into that. I was assured this wasn\'t the case, but a few minutes of testing on my part will sort that out easily enough. Thanks for the heads up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We haven\'t had the time to update our most recent progress, as our camera-man is very nervous around the dormant turrets after witnessing the recent....accident involving some joyriders that attempted to steal one of our freight class shuttles.

But feel free to peruse the gallery, we shall attempt to update when our busy schedule allows, and do keep in mind we have only been focusing on the front half. We have yet to begin installing our Dragon-maw turrets and Helix engines, and are awaiting the delivery of the state-room modules.

http://drakosdoomhaze.deviantart.com/gallery/45404790

Reaction score
    Due to a faulty intersteller ftl meganet connection, we have no images for you, but a short update on the progress of our carrier design is in order.

The Ensemble\'s outer shell is complete, though there\'s much interior work yet to do. She\'s built using a modified Nocturne hull, which saved a lot of time, and is far more heavily armed than the Octet was. She totes 10 fighters, as promised, along with her utility dock for additional storage. She comes with two omnidrones (which we didn\'t forget this time), three frigate-grade turrets, and fifteen of our three-shooters. We will contemplate adding nose-mounted weapons, though we feel that may tempts folks to use this as a front-line warship, which it is NOT. The Ensemble looks to be able to take on something equivalent to the Dirge and hold its own, but it will be outclassed by anything bigger.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You mentioned before with the Octet class that it could not support Sonnet bombers. Will the Ensemble with its improved design be able to support them? If not our engineers will attempt to manufacture smaller strike craft to fill it\'s place on a carrier. We currently have to deploy our inferior Hornet fighters (smaller knock-off of a Tremelo) as our obsolete support carrier cannot handle much larger craft.

As for the turret shield subject, I\'ve done some limited testing with turrets and have found that yes they do need their own shields but they did not need their own power (if designed to be used on a ship) because they can leach power from your ship once docked. I\'m not sure if this has changed, I haven\'t tinkered with turret designs in a few weeks but when I did combat testing with the Dirge and Nocturne class ships the turret\'s shields were working as expected.

Reaction score
    Not yet, but you do raise an excellent point. While the Sonnet is not an \"official\" VFW design (we released the schematics as-is as a favor), it is used by our customers. So, here is what we\'ll do:

We will expand the rear exterior fighter docks to accommodate the Sonnet. This is a ridiculously easy modification on our part. Additionally, the utility dock on the bottom of the ship can accomodate another Sonnet if you\'d like, giving you a capacity of eight Tremelos and three Sonnets.

We\'re still deciding exactly how we want our fighters to sit in their recessed individual bays so it may turn out that you can dock Sonnets or Tremelos in any of the carrier\'s fighter bays. No guarantees on that yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We would greatly appreciate that, your custom service is outstanding and we will continue to purchase VFW ships to upgrade our outdated fleet.

Our first Nocturne class destroyer arrived and we are most impressed. It has undergone minor refitting but is set to depart with two Dirge class frigates, a Mk1 and Mk2 variant, on a deep space patrol shortly. Currently it is the largest ship in our fleet, over 60 meters longer than the old light/support carrier still in service.

In the last picture you can see what we call the Hornet, a pathetic attempt by our engineers to loosely replicate a Tremelo fighter in a smaller package (half the length) for specific use on carriers. A version was equipped with missles to fill the role of a small bomber in place of the Sonnet but the idea was quickly scrapped.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/Foehammer503/Starmade/javaw2013-08-2313-33-22-06_zps59eef352.png

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/Foehammer503/Starmade/javaw2013-08-2313-32-36-72_zpsf0d0ba1c.png

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/Foehammer503/Starmade/javaw2013-08-2313-34-09-60_zpsecb49a02.png

Reaction score
    Our top scientists, engineers, and blood sorcerors thumbed their noses at causality and morality one too many times, it seems! Our assembly yards have mysteriously vanished, along with the prototype frames for all of our vessels.

Fear not, dear customers! Despite the enormous loss of life, and worse yet, loss of profits, almost all of our prototyped designs had been sent to the primary, secondary, tertiary, and quartarnary assembly yards and remain on-file. Unfortunately, the Ensemble prototype was one of the ships lost. It\'s one surviving manufacturing orphan described is disappearance as \"a single nightmare moment, interminably long, eternal in its awfulness, where the many-mouthed god-things from outside of time took notice, terrible notice, of the fleeting whimsies of the self-important vermin called man.\"

Hahah! Good times.

Worry not, however, as a new Ensemble Prototype is even now being hand-crafted from billions of hands bound together with the blood of the innocent. Quite a savings in materials, I\'m certain you will agree!

Reaction score
    With your recent anouncement we here at AVA Industries feel your lose like only those who have had the same happen can. We have since baned the use of Blood Sorcery in all areas of Manufaction and Design. We would like to thank you for helping us to make our areas safer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That sucks about your game, I think I would ragequit starmade if I lost my stuff lol. Also, I was wrong about those turret shields. Apparently I goofed up and the one I tested still had some power charged up from after I removed all the power blocks which made the shields work for the three shots I put into it. But I just learned the hard way that they do need their own power. Dirge took on 7 pirates and a pirate base, turrets took a beating but were still operational. It is going to the shipyard for minor repairs and turret upgrades. Those pirates will think twice about attacking a VFW designed ship again.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This possibility that I save my changes to ships to blueprint as often as I remember to.

Reaction score
    After a long 20 minutes of hard work followed by nine hours of slovenly skiving, our indentured worker serfs have made quite a bit of progress on the Ensemble.

We\'ve kept the basic design intact but have made numerous improvements and extended the foreward hull. She now docks up to twelve of our fighters or bombers within her recessed bays. The ventral utility dock has been scrapped and replaced with two dorsal utility docks. We\'ve reduced her defense gun compliment down to thirteen, but added two quad dumbfire missile launchers. She\'s over 250 meters long now and still has some extensive interior work to be done. Thankfully, she\'s built from a stripped-down and rebuilt Nocturne hull, so we\'ve managed to save hours upon hours of fiddly interior detail work. She\'s still lacking livery on her forward hull, but here\'s how she\'s turning out:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Amazing job, really looking forward to putting this ship to work. Thank you for giving it the ability to support the fighters and bombers as well, just makes this ship and VFW custom service all the more appealing.

Reaction score
    Valued Customer Foehammer! It turns out that Sonnets and Tremelos have identical docking profiles. We didn\'t have to do anything extra at all.

Reaction score
    The Ensemble-class Light Carrier is now available for purchase from any of our fine and larcenous distributors! See the original post for a link and it\'s catalog entry.

Because we love* you so much, though, here\'s a bit of a pictoral showcase of the ship. You know the drill.

Here\'s a view from inside the upper flight deck control room. You can see the servicing hoist on the cieling, there, mounted on it\'s sturdy mag-lev rail. Each flight bay has a docking sponson, a quick-acting refueling capacitor and shed for the pilots\' various things, including space suit and pictures of blond ladies with funny, 80\'s style haircuts.

We didn\'t forget the Omnidrones this time. It comes with six.

That little bit at the bottom, there? That\'s part of the sci-fi art thingie we put on the bottom because a big flat slab of yellow is boring. Here\'s the rest.

Finally, here\'s a nice exterior shot showing off it\'s quad Fathawk launchers and side-mounted medium guns. You can also see the ovoid utility docks for use with larger ships.

Reaction score
    \" After a tragic and hilarious worker mass suicide.\" I hope you provide health insurence.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s an impressve piece of equipment. VFW never ceases to impress our staff over at TDIS.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Great work, it fills our carrier needs perfectly, time to brush the dust off the Tremelo\'s and Sonnet\'s we have stored and assign them to one of these. But sadly the first of ours to arrive suddenly exploded in the shipyard while being painted, there was very little left to salvage.