Uplink Issues

Reaction score
    Registry is still down, same 401 error from last night. Please please have this fixed asap, all my free time to play this weekend is quickly disappearing.

Reaction score
    Is anyone else still having issues? I just attempted resetting my password again and also re-downloading the game.

Reaction score
    I'll add my name to the list here - still cannot uplink or connect to MP servers. I get the same 401 uplink error as everyone else and I've tried everything:

Changed star-made registry password
    Cleared cache files (both local client and steam)
    Deleted Saved Login and tried repeatedly logging into the Uplink
    Changed Steam password
    Used Options and Repair via Launcher to completely reinstall all files
    Deleted Steam appcache files
    Double checked to make sure my Steam and Star-Made registry were still linked (they are).

None of this has worked. Still receiving:

401 for URL:https://registry.star-made.org/oauth/token

Reaction score
    Tried to login in again still getting the 401 error, made a new account, cleared game cache, checked firewall, and still getting the error.

Reaction score
    As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, it's somewhat comforting to know you're not the only person this is happening to. Been trying all of the suggested fixes to no avail.

Reaction score
    Update. Figured out that it's not that the uplink is broken, it's that the user creds db has been striped of case. Example: I was "MikeOmni" now my profile lists as "mikeomni" - I can now uplink with the latter. Problem is now that the case of the user logs has changed, no multi server will recognize you now that your log is different than what it's always been before this started yesterday. I don't know if any admins have access to change profile names in the registry db, but it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help solve that.

I've also noticed that the forum still knows I'm MikeOmni with the case, but the registry does not. This may suggest that they are separate databases for the registry and the forum. Perhaps the registry can be repaired with the forums login database if there is no backup of the registry or it's that the db or backup thereof became corrupted? Just a thought and an observation.

Reaction score
    Update. Figured out that it's not that the uplink is broken, it's that the user creds db has been striped of case. Example: I was "MikeOmni" now my profile lists as "mikeomni" - I can now uplink with the latter. Problem is now that the case of the user logs has changed, no multi server will recognize you now that your log is different than what it's always been before this started yesterday. I don't know if any admins have access to change profile names in the registry db, but it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help solve that.

I've also noticed that the forum still knows I'm MikeOmni with the case, but the registry does not. This may suggest that they are separate databases for the registry and the forum. Perhaps the registry can be repaired with the forums login database if there is no backup of the registry or it's that the db or backup thereof became corrupted? Just a thought and an observation.
    It allowed me to finally uplink my account when I didn't use caps. Still have the issue with logging onto the server though because of protected name. Hopefully they can fix the registry, uplink, forums, or whatever it is.

Reaction score

This is exactly what I just pointed out to the Support guy "Andy" (thanks Andy!) I am in email convo with right now ... that my username *was* Envie with a capital E and now in his database it shows me registered as "envie" lowercase... and that this has somehow fouled up registry and uplinks. I *can* now apparently uplink but cannot connect to the multiplayer server I play on. I'm going to direct the owner / admin to this thread so they know this issue is still a problem for many of us trying to uplink and connect to servers.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    The issue has been ISOLATED and is being worked on. Expect a fix, There is not ETA as this involves a lot more than even I could have guessed at. And I have a darn good imagination.

Reactions: Envie

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Content moved to:

http://starmadedock.net/threads/uplink-issues-oauth-token-401-since-20th-december.4911/

Please follow this URL when having issues with your uplink/username since 20th December
    and you feel you got converted to lowercase.

Or technically spoken:
    Since 20th december, the uplink was forwarded as entered to be authed by registry.

So if I uplink my game with
    aNDYp
    it would be accepted as the registry compared the name given by the game, to the names in the database, but filtered them all to lower case. So it would falsely allow me uplinking aNDYp with the password for AndyP
    As protection on servers was matched in all-lowercase this was no security issue, but a huge inconsistency in the way the system works.

This got now FIXED, so my uplinkname to the server is now ALWAYS the one saved in the database.
    Regardless of the one I entered.

Also, the UPLINK field now accepts the mail-address, like the registry page does.
    This was also a result of the inconsistencies we had before, so this fix was really required, and is now a one-time problem, and then fixed forever. Also it adds functionality to the game - Uplink by mail-address.

Please follow instructions in thread above, will update it in a few minutes with newest information.

- Andy

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    While I'm disappointed I still can't play with my friends (ironically I bought the 3 of them the game with the 4 pack deal, and I'm the one who can't play!), I appreciate you guys making this a priority and communicating the issue to us.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the detailed workaround Andy! I've sent this link to my server's admin so he can fix those of us affected by this problem and not have to turn off authentication. Hopefully it works for others also.

Reaction score
    Content moved to:

http://starmadedock.net/threads/uplink-issues-oauth-token-401-since-20th-december.4911/

Please follow this URL when having issues with your uplink/username since 20th December
    and you feel you got converted to lowercase.

Or technically spoken:
    Since 20th december, the uplink was forwarded as entered to be authed by registry.

So if I uplink my game with
    aNDYp
    it would be accepted as the registry compared the name given by the game, to the names in the database, but filtered them all to lower case. So it would falsely allow me uplinking aNDYp with the password for AndyP
    As protection on servers was matched in all-lowercase this was no security issue, but a huge inconsistency in the way the system works.

This got now FIXED, so my uplinkname to the server is now ALWAYS the one saved in the database.
    Regardless of the one I entered.

Also, the UPLINK field now accepts the mail-address, like the registry page does.
    This was also a result of the inconsistencies we had before, so this fix was really required, and is now a one-time problem, and then fixed forever. Also it adds functionality to the game - Uplink by mail-address.

Please follow instructions in thread above, will update it in a few minutes with newest information.

- Andy

AndyP can fix your Registry name to the original so you can access multi again. Thanks a million Andy. Is there anyway I can commend you on here for your great customer service?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I am having this issue now as well after changing my password, getting this:

Server Reject: this login name is protected on this server!
    You either aren't logged in via uplink,
    or the protected name belongs to another user!
    Please use the "Uplink" menu to authenticate this name!

when I up link it works but get this message anyway -.-

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I am having this issue now as well after changing my password, getting this:

when I up link it works but get this message anyway -.-
    User rezerian has been renamed to Rezerian! Please notify this user ASAP of this change.

Should work again now. =)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm getting the uplink problem. I've tried reinstalling and rebooting and logging off Steam etc - but I can't connect to Redshift. So frustrated...

[Back To Login Screen] [Exit]