Unable to 'start game' into second menu

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Good evening, Starmadians.

Recently I had somewhat of -shall we say- an involuntary data purge of my computer. After getting it all fixed up back to a clean install of windows, I installed Starmade and tried to run it, unsuccessfully.

Initially the starter ran and downloaded Starmade as intended, however, on hitting the "start game" button nothing happens, I get a loading icon for a few moments then it disappears, there is no crash message and java is no longer running when i check the task manager.

I tried the instructions I found in this thread and has a partial success -- the command caused some files to be created, but you can no longer run Starmade straight from the java file there, it merely tells me to run it from the launcher, which I would happily do, were such a thing working as intended.

According to a post in this thread there might be some missing files in the 'starmade/server-database/index/' location, which for me is indeed empty (third post down), however, this IS a clean install, so the solution there presented to fetch said files from a clean install is moot.

I'm just re-installing java now, and trying a few things before bed, thank-you for your time.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    is there a log beeing created in the log folder ?
    did you try to repair the installation through the launcher?
    is it installed in a non protected folder ?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Thankyou for your reply.

REPAIRING THE INSTALLATION WORKED.
    To anyone who find this thread with a similar problem, going into repair and selecting "download normal" for your current version has solved it for me. I did not bother to do this to begin with because it was a clean install, but obviously it misses some files which are then picked up by this secondary download.

Thanks, SmilingDemon, my next ship shall be named in your honor.