can't start the game since the new update

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey there! can somebody help me out with this?

I could play the game just fine a week ago, but now something is wrong with the game or my computer or something.

When i go to my starmade folder, i can double click the Starmade-launcher and that works.
    But when i press "start game", my mouse give me the loading icon for 2 seconds and then BAM: nothing happends.

My computers is beefy enough for starmade ( rocking 70 frames per second, even when building large stuff ), and i tried "force update" a few time and downloaded everything again aswell but nothing helped.

It just won't go to the second menu where i can choose my world map and mess around with the options, so i can't start the game.

anybody has an idea how i can fix this?

Reaction score
    just updated the game myself, same issue, launcher opens fine and when you hit the start game button it will not launch, screen stays on desktop.

my system:
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    CPU: Intel 990x 3.43GHz 6(12) core (stock clocking)
    Memory: 24 GB Ram
    GFX: NVidia GeForce 470 x2 (SLI)
    drivers are up to date and the install version for the launcher/client are:
    Launcher V14
    v 0.1807 ; build 20141107_0250.30 according to the launcher.
    also hoping for a fix to this issue.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    check your starmade/server-database/index/ folder to see if it has .data .script and .properties files in it
    my server failed to start after the update and these files were missing, after i had them replaced with files from a fresh local install it started again.