Trace Build Server

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    IGN: CrossCroissant
    Current Faction / Shipyard:
    /
    Links to any of your work: I uploaded my Cruiser and here is a link to my unfinished Skorpion "http://starmadedock.net/threads/skorpion-class-battleship.1495/"
    Time zone:
    CET / GMT+1
    Previous bans?: None.
    Why you want to join the server: Im bored of building my ships alone ._., first real MP Server...
    A little bit about yourself:
    I'm Cross and always loved playing Sci Fi Games (started with Freelancer), I love role playing and even played in a "Lego" game called "Roblox" in a Sci Fi Game RP :>. Want to build a Royal Cruise Liner on the Server *-* (but at first a Shypyard for RP :*)

Attachments

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • IGN: XxDanclarke96xX
    • Current Faction / Shipyard: Helios Astro-Tec
    • Links to any of your work: https://imgur.com/a/Ue4Mt
    • Time zone: GMT
    • Previous bans?: Nope
    • Why you want to join the server: Old friends be here.
    • A little bit about yourself: Uh well you already know me well, previous owner of the SATURN server before my i got hit by a car and ended up in intensive care for a few weeks, im now back and hope to restore SATURN to its former glory or to help a new server reach its full potential.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • IGN: keptick
    • Current Faction / Shipyard: Starmade ship building society (SSS), lazarus imperium, Kytech, The Templars. (all build factions apart from the Templars)
    • Links to any of your work: Pretty sure you've seen it considering how spamtastic I get with the pictures. http://starmadedock.net/threads/charon-a-wip-titan-1-27km-long.108/
    • Time zone: UTC-05:00
    • Previous bans?: None, ever.
    • Why you want to join the server: I really enjoy building and observing other people's methods and ships. I also enjoy playing with other players. A good build server is the best of both worlds!
    • A little bit about yourself: I've started playing about a year ago, I love building. I've spent most of my time building a single ship (The Charon).

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    Dear Trace Members!

The server will be down for scheduled maintenance on Wednesday June 18th, 2014 from 6pm to 8pm EST. The server shouldn't be down for longer than 2 hours.

Thank you,
    JimE

Reaction score
    Also, the server currently is down until further notice. Technical issues most likely stemming from the server crash on the weekend.

Reaction score
    Also, the server currently is down until further notice. Technical issues most likely stemming from the server crash on the weekend.
    Server is back up now! Shutdown is still scheduled for Wednesday June 18th at 6pm to 8pm EST.

Thanks,
    JimE

Reaction score
    As you may or not know, we have been experiencing some crashes lately on the server. In an attempt to resolve this I have decided to reset the server. I have compiled a list over the past month and a half of people's sectors that I can export and import back in once I complete the reset.

SERVER WILL BE RESET JUNE 19th, 2014

Fellow members of Trace, I ask for your cooperation in 2 matters outlined below:

1. Review the BULK EXPORT list that has been sent to you through PM and if your sector isn't on there please advise me and I will add it. Likewise, if you did not receive that PM for some reason, let me know and I will send it to you.

2. SAVE YOUR SHIPS TO LOCAL!!! I plan on saving the server catalog but cannot ensure that the restore will work properly. PLEASE DO NOT leave any valuable blueprints in the server catalog as they may be lost. This goes for any WIPs not in your home sector that is included in the bulk export. In fact, it is probably good practice to "SAVE TO LOCAL" all the time because you never know what can happen.

Thank you all for your cooperation and I apologize for the recent uptime problems with the server. Hopefully this will rectify the issue.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Greetings once again Trace Members. Time is running out quickly to get on the server and save your stuff or advise me of any sectors you would like me to back up. I've had a few responses but surely there must be more!!

SERVER WILL BE RESET JUNE 19th @ 6PM EST

Few things to note:
    • The server is in quite a fragile state at the moment. I ask that from now till the reset you minimize your use of the server to allow other members the ability to get on and save their ships. Keep in mind that if the server crashes, it may take time to be restarted.
    • Existing Catalog and Factions will now be lost in the reset (MAKE SURE YOU SAVE TO LOCAL FROM NOW ON)
    • New Rules and Guidelines to follow after the reset in an effort to reduce lag and avoid more frequent resets.
    • If you are unable to get on the server before Thursday @6pm EST time but would like to save some blueprints I will gladly get on and save them for you. Just send me a message with the details and I will make sure it gets saved.
    That's all for now folks....

JimE and the Trace Build Server Team.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I will also mention that there will be several backups of the old universe just in case something gets left behind.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    So I'm looking for a build server and this one seems to be the best I can find.
    Application form:

-IGN: Nuub_cake
    -Current Faction/Shipyard: None.
    -Links to any of your works: Most of it isn't uploaded but here is a picture of the biggest ones http://i.imgur.com/c1W4LeM.jpg excluding one (due to size/lag), I haven't uploaded any of them on the new site since I have to rework them all...If you want to see any of them, I can upload the blueprints on dropbox and give them to you.
    -Time Zone: GMT+1
    -Previous Bans?: I banned myself once...but other than that, none.
    -Why do you want to join this server?: The server I played got shutdown and Singleplayer is boring without anyone to talk to. Might even consider making a shipyard, who knows.
    -A little bit about yourself: I like to build.

Reaction score
    Server is back up! Sectors exports aren't loading in due to an error. We should be able to import them in one of the next updates.

Stay posted for updated rules and guidelines for players with admin privileges.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheBlueThunder
    Reaction score
    Is the Server working properly? Everytime im connecting im just getting "Server doesnt answer" and a forced close of Star Made after ~30 seconds :eek:

Reaction score
    • IGN: cschnipke279
    • Current Faction / Shipyard: N/A
    • Links to any of your work: sorry i haven't gotten any chance to build much yet, however i came from minecraft and was pretty good at it there
    • Time zone: central
    • Previous bans?: no
    • Why you want to join the server: I'm looking for a nice server to build on in wich not everyone you see tries to kill you, I would go to single player, but it gets so lonely :(
    • A little bit about yourself: I'm nice, when it comes to building games i'm generally pretty good at them, and I like being with other people

Reaction score
    Fellow Trace Members.

It has come to my attention that there is a bug in the most recent couple version(s) of the game that is causing the server to not save entities properly. For the time being, I would strongly advise against building any stations/planet until this gets resolved. As far as I know, ship blueprints will still save properly but I can't be sure.

See here for more info please.

Thanks,
    JimE

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • IGN: Chevalleis
    • Current Faction / Shipyard: The Tartaran Empire
    • Links to any of your work: Heavy Vanguard Cruiser, Chanson: http://imgur.com/a/iGyHZ. Battleship Kronos: http://imgur.com/a/ZleMO (incomplete in these pictures)
    • Time zone: GMT+2
    • Previous bans?: None
    • Why you want to join the server: To build with my faction mates.
    • A little bit about yourself: I've been playing Starmade for about a year and two months, and participated in lots of community activities. I was also a tester for almost a year, but then I took a break from Starmade and when I came back I discovered that I (and apparently many others) had been removed in my absence.

Reaction score
    Fellow Trace Members.

It has come to my attention that there is a bug in the most recent couple version(s) of the game that is causing the server to not save entities properly. For the time being, I would strongly advise against building any stations/planet until this gets resolved. As far as I know, ship blueprints will still save properly but I can't be sure.

See here for more info please.

Thanks,
    JimE
    Hey Folks,
    v0.1584 seems to have resolved this issue but I'll monitor the situation and advise should it still be a problem.

Thanks,
    JimE

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey Folks,
    v0.1584 seems to have resolved this issue but I'll monitor the situation and advise should it still be a problem.

Thanks,
    JimE
    The latest build has actually initially caused it for SATURN. I am now experiencing it as well, but fortunately, only test changes were undone.
    I highly advise to give it further testing before claiming this as resolved. It isn't for us.

To remain updated on the issue, refer to http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/564.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.