To come before the controvercy

mou

Reaction score
    its time to take people that made music and textures for the game in consideration,

on my post about github you can easily see lot of people are willing to help

Reaction score
    we all hated his texture work anyway.

You can commision any good artist to whip up some textures for a few grand and no royalties.

You could even ask a community member to donate a new texture, and they would gladly.

Reaction score
    Contest may sound like a good idea, but you forget the problem of rent seeking.

If 100 communitiy members make texture packs with the hope of getting them in the game, ( lets say they make 5 dollars per hour ) and spend 8 hours each on the packs -

Only 1 pack gets in the game, but cost 800 man hours and over 4000 dollars in lost time.

Pay somone, or ask 1 person who has the skills to donate his time.

Reaction score
    I think this guy would do an awesome job at making simple and default textures that look good too: http://star-made.org/content/texture-pack-%E2%80%93-low-res-minecraft-style-clean-gui

If not him, this guy maybe: http://star-made.org/content/texture-travesty

They both can make simple (default) textures that look great and do their job well in a game like StarMade.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Let him vent for a while and he\'ll come back with clearer thinking maybe.

To lose a good friend over money is horrible.

Good luck finding your way back to friends.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Let\'s not dispense rash judgement on Beetlebear out of this, we\'re human, he\'s human, we all have our ups and downs. Perhaps he\'s having major financial problems in real life, e.g. losing house, and is desperate. If that is the case that doesn\'t necessarily justify his actions, but at least makes them understandable. Nonetheless I\'m still open to this problem, since I only heard one side of the story, and I dispise prejudice and judgment.

I remember seeing Beetlebear on the stream, seemed pretty chill then.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If I could texture I\'d definitely help, because I love this game so much...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree - I hope the two of them can find a third way and work together again - its been a great team so far and I would like to see this as a historical hicup and a moment when roles and resposibilites can be mesured and sorted - possible by a third party (company CEO)? who can help Starmade into a profitable future where everyone who has worked on it can share in its bounty...

Reaction score
    wow if minecraft did that for all the ppl who made texture packs they would of gave out over 2 million %. Agreements should of been made before work was done. I mean sounds to me he got paid for his work already with the money you gave him unless he did 10% of the work every day for 10 years and to demand that is just rude. There are \"firends\" and then there are friends. 99.9% of the tiime work and friends do not mix, same with working with family is bad idea too...

Reaction score
    I think that there are people out there who anonymously would help since they love the game. Just look at minecraft. People are making new texure everyday for that game. Me included. Im thinking that there are atleast 60 people or more who know how to draw the way starmade pixaleted style.

Im sorry for losing a friend, but Im not commentating that since I dont know what really happend.

Reaction score
    Wow, that really sucks. Well, atleast the parting isn\'t impairing your work, ey? Just keep looking forward, schema lad, You\'ve got a forum full of fans who\'ll back you up. Maybe someone there could do some textures?

Reaction score
    Hi.

Its a good decision. I hope that you will find the right people arround you with the same involvment.

Cheers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Quite sad that your ways seperated this way :/ I often liked to tell you \"your doin a good job with this game!\", maybe now it\'s a good timing for it^^

So, keep it up schema, this game is already awesome and still has a huge potential.

- Trook

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    thats a shame to hear dam.... i have one question ... do you have to make new textures now?
    also keep up the excellent work

Reaction score
    why is always money the root of these things...

i hope you two can settle things for the good of both in the long run, for long and old friendships have bumps and holes along the ride.

keep up the damn fine work you are doing but also take some time for yourself sometimes :).

often in the end, everything will be alright and people laugh about the past.

good luck.

Reaction score
    Maybe it\'s just me and how I personally am, but....

If money is going to cause problems in a friendship, I wouldn\'t regard it as a \"real\" friendship. In fact, it would make clear to me that that person was the wrong one to become friends with in the first place...

But as I said, that\'s how I roll, and opinions on this subject may vary a lot.

Reaction score
    Money, Politics, Religion, Love.

Those are the big four that always cause stuff like this to happen.

All i can say is keep on trucking and don\'t let stuff like this keep you down, you have thousands of people counting on you to bring us the best \"Blocks in Space\" game that mankind can offer Schema.

That being said if you ask around these people you\'re more than likely to find lots of people who can make your new textures, so you won\'t have to spend your own time away from coding to make, and or buy other when there are people who can make them for you for free!

About the friend thing, you have plenty of those, they might be as good as the one you just lost, but we\'re still here for you buddy! ^.=.^