Read by Council Tiered System Modules: Compact and backwards compatible

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Necropost alert!

Interesting Idea. I hope you do come back. Some people can make harsh comments, but it's because they're as passionate about the game as you are. Plus, sometimes it's because your ideas are similar to others. Maybe narrow down your ideas and bullet point them more. Even though I found your idea interesting and wanted to know more, I'm not a great reader.

The issue with performance you're having seems similar to one I had when testing the game from a USB drive. It's terrible! never going there again.

I quickly learned that running it on my system drive was the best, since I'm running a 300GB raptor that's no SSD, but does the business for my DIY box. I'm only running an i7 with 4GB RAM and NVidia GTX 480 and have pretty good results. Oh, I'm only running Win7 on this old box. Can't afford my dream beasty, so I make do. I even record videos while playing.

My Surface is a Win8.1 top end i7 with all the bells and whistles. It has the same issue when attempting to use an alternate drive to run the game. Even with USB 3.0 it's shocking for me, so I just make sure to run it on the local SSD. The only real issue I have with the surface is the drivers and regular windows updates breaking things.

Try putting the game on your system drive. You might not like having it on there, but it could make a big difference.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Just a word of advice to people who want to introduce new mechanics into the game. If your idea can't be explained in simple terms it may not be a viable idea. The fact that you need a wall of text to cover all the contingencies is a clue that your idea is overblown or unworkable. If people can't understand what you are describing or if they get bored and loose focus while reading your essay...you need to think about editing.

Also getting married to your 'big idea' and defending it rather than re-thinking it (or listening to others) does not further the discussion.. unless you are infallible. :p

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just a word of advice to people who want to introduce new mechanics into the game. If your idea can't be explained in simple terms it may not be a viable idea. The fact that you need a wall of text to cover all the contingencies is a clue that your idea is overblown or unworkable. If people can't understand what you are describing or if they get bored and loose focus while reading your essay...you need to think about editing.

Also getting married to your 'big idea' and defending it rather than re-thinking it (or listening to others) does not further the discussion.. unless you are infallible. :p
    Yeah, I made that mistake with early posts starting out here. I kinda brain dumped and soon learned to trim it down to points so people could get the gist of the idea and then you can explore the different pros and cons through discussion. :oops:

Reactions: Lukwan