Thoughts about the recent trailers and equalty between shipbuilders.

Do you agree?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    the funny thing is on mushroom fleet G+ page I see that tom is asking for money to keep the server up and running, but on the server website, it says they there is 9000 places available and only 2000 whitelisted, why? surely this increases the amount of money you pay for no reason?

Reaction score
    dude, lets face the facts, channels like tenk11kamikaza and chriss the Nightbringer and Zanaten deserve more subscribers then MF youtube channel, MF don't post anything about the development of the game, they posted the reviews of the "dev build" after the actual build came out! every time there is a big new dev build criss the nightbringer reviews it in an orderly fashion, granted he doesn't release as many video's and MF does, even tho MF isn't posting that many videos any more, his videos are well structured and well edited, MF's are well... a mess. From what I have seen, calbiri, bench and other schine members play on MF server, and on some occasions, calbiri has told tom about some stuff that they haven't told the community, for me this is wrong, people could be playing on other, better servers than this, it has become like an exclusive club.

and Comr4de I have heard that too. this is unfair on the community, and have you noticed that There wasn't even a compition to make the tutorial station, they just got dalmont to do it, this is totally unfair us all and it MUST stop
    First, he is Criss the Nightbringer, not chriss, and his forum name is Vanhelzing

Back to topic, you are right on the mess problem, I am 120% agree on that.
    But, lets be sympathetic, think about those crazy day they live steam for hours everyday.
    And the youtube videos Tomino_sama posted are old because he will never have the time to upload them all.
    And he is steaming around an hour or more and make more video everyday.
    So when you talk about dev build reviews, have you join the stream before?
    It just take hours or sometime minutes for them to react and test the dev build
    All the dev build videos you can find on youtube are the more stable ones

Then lets talk about Criss, he is a great youtuber, but he is not 100% in the bug testing for dev build
    mostly he just build eve ships, then review some interesting ships and the station contest,
    then a bit about new features of the new builds sometimes even dev.
    So, find criss to do the trailer may end up like this, and CCP will probably sue our pants off

So, if you want to say anything, come to the MF steam, sometimes schema's human slave is also in the chatroom,
    not just calbiri, it's just more fun and saves time to talk about the game when playing the game and watch the steam at the same time.
    Also join us in criss' steam, fun with eve ship rebuilds, you are right on the part for he deserves more viewers. Almost every time I join his steam, only have around 5 people with us, comparing to around 20+ for MF. And it's hard for me to support him, it's morning in asia when he steam......btw, it's 3am here now....good nite everyone. Just one more sentence, before judging anyone from MF, ask yourself, can/have you spend that much time and effort on dev builds like them? nullpointer every a few minutes. If not, try do the same thing as them, and surely the developers will be happy to listen your bug report and suggestions.

PS. my twitch name is ww998w, hi there, twitch chatroom fds

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I reckon that this thread will conclude the same things that last thread about the subject did, and nothing will be done with it. Opening the way for another thread somewhere in the near future. And most of what I could/would say has been said already and most likely better.

MF seems to come up, like the thread before, a lot of times. My biggest issue with MF is that they wave the banner of the general community and making it look like the maturity level of the community is below a 'dora the explorer' episode. Might be wrong, but I'm not the only one thinking this.

This was my personal experience from joining your community while expecting good things (I was obviously wrong). I have the feeling that I wasn't the only person to have these impressions (just look at this tread).[/USER]

I tried the same, got really disappointed. The mood of the server was everything but fun or pleasant and the members weren't shy to show how mature the MF community was. The admins weren't the most helpfull types and some even rude to say the least. The only thing missing was a cycling message saying "work harder, build more, just X hours left till deadline, all hail the purple brick on a stick".

Last edited:
    Reactions: Zyrr and Keptick

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    well,you guys continue here,i will be back in 4-5 hrs with a coffee to read all this..
    i will go now to ACTUALLY contribute to this game
    I'm sorry. But seriously? How fucking obnoxious do you want to be?

You're really not helping yourself with that

Reactions: Mariux

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I reckon that this thread will conclude the same things that last thread about the subject did, and nothing will be done with it. Opening the way for another thread somewhere in the near future. And most of what I could/would say has been said already and most likely better.

MF seems to come up, like the thread before, a lot of times. My biggest issue with MF is that they wave the banner of the general community and making it look like the maturity level of the community is below a 'dora the explorer' episode. Might be wrong, but I'm not the only one thinking this.

I tried the same, got really disappointed. The mood of the server was everything but fun or pleasant and the members weren't shy to show how mature the MF community was. The admins weren't they most helpfull types and some even rude to say the least. The only thing missing was a cycling message saying "work harder, build more, just X hours left till deadline, all hail the purple brick on a stick".
    That's why we need to figure this controversy out once and for all. Or else these threads won't stop popping up (I know I started it, but we need answers)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    HMM so someone says i didn't contribute to the game? HMMMMMMMMM
    anyways i'll be off building, and then check back once in a while to see how progress is going in getting a trailer done with ships from various builders, not just a few from one server.

it could be solved if MF just downloaded ships that were chosen in a competition style post from all of the community, then had their trailer-video-pilots fly them for the trailer rather than just the pilots' own creations. the pilots should remain anonymous so that it's the ships of the community that are being represented rather than just the MF server players.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    are you serious? his post is 10x more dickish. he has just said that none of us "contribute to this game".
    you should read that again,i said you dont contribute to this game by writing hate comments here ,love or hate MF,we are good at what we do..
    if everyone thinks you are better than MF...if you want to take us down,go do something about it

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    you should read that again,i said you dont contribute to this game by writing hate comments here ,love or hate MF,we are good at what we do..
    if everyone thinks you are better than MF...if you want to take us down,go do something about it
    I might. Maybe not on Youtube, but shipbuilding is my specialty.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Not once did I say I want MF gone. What I want is MF to realise they are not the entire community and should be praised as such. There are many parts of this community, shipbuilders, youtubers, factions, server admins, people in the chat, and those not really involved in the forums side of stuff, so please. Stop. Realise we are fucking here too and take some consideration.

I also saw someone defend the exclusive use of MF ships by saying they would have to ask permission. The rules say that any ship in the CC section hosted on SMD servers can be used by the staff for anything

"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."

I also saw someone say why should they when they are making the video? well... because they are not the only part of the community, as i have said, and if something is going to be deemed official it should represent the entire community, and the entire community should be shown to be equal.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Oh my god tenk11kamikaza

There's more to it then vids!!! Youtube isn't the only fraking way to contribute to the game!!! So please, PLEASE, stop considering youtube as the one and only platform to "contribute" to this game. I know that's probably not what you meant but that's what it came out as.

I could argue that you should "compete with me on the forums, m8". "Get more positive ratings than me"! "Why don't you contribute to this game on the forums more instead of making videos?" " I can help you become big on the forum, get to 1k ratings in no time!"

See how absolutely laughable it would be for me to say that? Same thing goes with youtube.

Ps: I'm in no way saying that you're doing a bad job at contributing with this game (I regularly watch your vids, tenk). I just want you MF guys to realize that there's other platforms then YT.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Oh my god tenk11kamikaza

There's more to it then vids!!! Youtube isn't the only fraking way to contribute to the game!!! So please, PLEASE, stop considering youtube as the one and only platform to "contribute" to this game. I know that's probably not what you meant but that's what it came out as.

I could argue that you should "compete with me on the forums, m8". "Get more positive ratings than me"! "Why don't you contribute to this game on the forums more instead of making videos?" " I can help you become big on the forum, get to 1k ratings in no time!"

See how absolutely laughable it would be for me to say that? Same thing goes with youtube.

Ps: I'm in no way saying that you're doing a bad job at contributing with this game (I regularly watch your vids, tenk). I just want you MF guys to realize that there's other platforms then YT.
    what? i never mentioned youtube here,where? I never said that youtube is the only way. my only wish is that people who started this thread.. do something about it. without begging others to do something. as Mariux said,you can build awesome ships. contribute to forums,test the dev builds,if you have some awesome ideas,go directly to devs(but dont flood them with reposts) ,they will notice you,you think MF just came and said,hey we are good,take us?? no. we worked really really hard. and they noticed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    are you serious? his post is 10x more dickish. he has just said that none of us "contribute to this game".
    rimmer I think what he was trying to say is that he is going to contribute to the game instead of just posting hate messages

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    everyone's having a big arguement here and you guys should just cool your jets.
    there's no point in arguing with each other this way. just get some of the other community's ships onto the MF server for the trailer videos and there you have it. shipwright equality.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Welp, I figure I should pipe up at this point and talk at length about two very critical incidents that took place several months ago.

The first incident occurred on reddit several months ago, during the summer. I didn't follow the original conversation but tomino_sama and other Mushroom Fleet players got in to a very relaxed argument over server rankings. Another major server owner, Koderz if I remember correctly, brought up inflated statistics by using bots. Whatever was said after this must have been particularly infuriating because I remember quite clearly that tomino lost his marbles, to put it lightly. Admittedly, I'm not much of a redditor myself and wasn't very interested in server flamewars, so I regrettably cannot post links to the conversation.

The second incident occurred the same day in IRC chat. I was talking casually with Koderz about this reddit incident for a little while, when roughly half a dozen users joined chat in a 30 second span of time. Initially, this wasn't much of an issue because the people that joined were very docile. Koderz and I continued our conversation, and very quickly after Koderz was being attacked by very clearly stated Mushroom Fleet players. This soon devolved into mindless spam, usually the phrases "null pointer" or "mushroom". I asked them to stop multiple times, and when they blatantly refused to comply I contacted two IRC mods present at the time. I don't want to name names, but one of them was inactive and the other quite openly told me that they were not going to do anything about it, because they were just "having some fun".

This continued for almost a half an hour until the short attention spans of whoever decided they would organize this failed, and they went back to worshiping yholes or something similar.

I was not the only person to witness this. It is not a made up fairy tale or an exaggeration. It was a clear violation of the rules and in any other case would have been punished as such.

I don't like to bring up old grudges but I saw this mentioned previously and I figured I'll try to clear it up a little. tl;dr community contests need to be less MF-centric

Reactions: aceface

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    contribute to forums,test the dev builds,if you have some awesome ideas,go directly to devs
    You think? Every time I try to talk (read: talk, not yell at ) with Calbiri about some balance changes or other game related stuff this is more or less what happens:

I'm barely exaggerating, he's a bit tense sometimes.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Welp, I figure I should pipe up at this point and talk at length about two very critical incidents that took place several months ago.

The first incident occurred on reddit several months ago, during the summer. I didn't follow the original conversation but tomino_sama and other Mushroom Fleet players got in to a very relaxed argument over server rankings. Another major server owner, Koderz if I remember correctly, brought up inflated statistics by using bots. Whatever was said after this must have been particularly infuriating because I remember quite clearly that tomino lost his marbles, to put it lightly. Admittedly, I'm not much of a redditor myself and wasn't very interested in server flamewars, so I regrettably cannot post links to the conversation.

The second incident occurred the same day in IRC chat. I was talking casually with Koderz about this reddit incident for a little while, when roughly half a dozen users joined chat in a 30 second span of time. Initially, this wasn't much of an issue because the people that joined were very docile. Koderz and I continued our conversation, and very quickly after Koderz was being attacked by very clearly stated Mushroom Fleet players. This soon devolved into mindless spam, usually the phrases "null pointer" or "mushroom". I asked them to stop multiple times, and when they blatantly refused to comply I contacted two IRC mods present at the time. I don't want to name names, but one of them was inactive and the other quite openly told me that they were not going to do anything about it, because they were just "having some fun".

This continued for almost a half an hour until the short attention spans of whoever decided they would organize this failed, and they went back to worshiping yholes or something similar.

I was not the only person to witness this. It is not a made up fairy tale or an exaggeration. It was a clear violation of the rules and in any other case would have been punished as such.

I don't like to bring up old grudges but I saw this mentioned previously and I figured I'll try to clear it up a little. tl;dr community contests need to be less MF-centric
    again mushroomfleet is mentioned,why? with all this logic above,all 1500+ MF members are in the starmade dev team
    when its really 5-6 of us who are just really good at what we do,it juuuust so happens that we play on MF.
    what would happen if i was playing on EE,Dalmont on MF,raiben on Havoc etc.
    Would this thread still exist?
    also people from all over the world voted for those stations,from all servers.
    again,i guess we build good ships/stations

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    again mushroomfleet is mentioned,why? with all this logic above,all 1500+ MF members are in the starmade dev team
    when its really 5-6 of us who are just really good at what we do,it juuuust so happens that we play on MF.
    what would happen if i was playing on EE,Dalmont on MF,raiben on Havoc etc.
    Would this thread still exist?
    also people from all over the world voted for those stations,from all servers.
    again,i guess we build good ships/stations
    we are not saying that you should leave your server, we just want to clear things up and make sure that mushroomfleet members aren't treated any differently than others

Status
    Not open for further replies.