Thoughts about the recent trailers and equalty between shipbuilders.

Do you agree?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    again mushroomfleet is mentioned,why? with all this logic above,all 1500+ MF members are in the starmade dev team
    when its really 5-6 of us who are just really good at what we do,it juuuust so happens that we play on MF.
    what would happen if i was playing on EE,Dalmont on MF,raiben on Havoc etc.
    Would this thread still exist?
    also people from all over the world voted for those stations,from all servers.
    again,i guess we build good ships/stations
    because the people on top are the people to blame, and the channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MushroomFleet is tomino, and he is often the centre of thse things.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    again mushroomfleet is mentioned,why? with all this logic above,all 1500+ MF members are in the starmade dev team
    when its really 5-6 of us who are just really good at what we do,it juuuust so happens that we play on MF.
    what would happen if i was playing on EE,Dalmont on MF,raiben on Havoc etc.
    Would this thread still exist?
    also people from all over the world voted for those stations,from all servers.
    again,i guess we build good ships/stations

So did you actually read my post or did you just see mushroom fleet and respond?

"... but I saw this mentioned previously and I figured I'll try to clear it up a little."

Please, if you're trying to defend your position, read the material.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    its really 5-6 of us who are just really good at what we do
    there are lots of people good at what they do in this community. This feels like a "MF are the only ones who do good things" post again.

For example, server staff do a good job, do we get special forums badges? Faction leaders who have been running for a long time? nope. All we ask is equal recognition.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ok, the original point of this thread was that COMMUNITY ships should be used to make those GAME trailers. Your job is to represent the community and the game, if you can't do that then you're doing it wrong. You insist on getting the job? Then DO IT PROPERLY!!!!!!!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    i have only seen 0 of my ships show up on anything official, as with most ship builders int eh community. yet MF ships show up all the time. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    well,its over now,steam release is near,all this is irrelevant after that.
    but okokIn any future trailers that may ..or may not be planned,you will see ships that are not from MF primarily

Reactions: Megacrafter127
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    well,its over now,steam release is near,all this is irrelevant after that.
    but okokIn any future trailers that may ..or may not be planned,you will see ships that are not from MF primarily
    that is good hearing that from you, but that is a big promise and will the users of mushroomfleet, the dev crew and most importantly Tomino_sama agree to this?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    you're not being excluded you've only failed to include yourself. filming happens anywhere any time and MF just happens to put out the most. if you fil it yourself and post it then it may get seen alongside official stuff. you have to put yourself out there to actually benefit. this is much like hearing people complain they never win the lotto when they never buy a ticket.

be active
    be helpful
    be have

the first one applies here. be active in places of high activity and you might get included because you were in the right place at the right time.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    you're not being excluded you've only failed to include yourself. filming happens anywhere any time and MF just happens to put out the most. if you fil it yourself and post it then it may get seen alongside official stuff. you have to put yourself out there to actually benefit. this is much like hearing people complain they never win the lotto when they never buy a ticket.

be active
    be helpful
    be have

the first one applies here. be active in places of high activity and you might get included because you were in the right place at the right time.
    the MOST true comment today,but yeah.. i promised,more community ships in trailers,check.
    fear the real problem people,one day russians might invade this game,do you know russian gamers?:P

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    MF members should not, and as far as I'm aware are not treated any differently than others. If you believe this is so, especially if you have seen mistreatment, please send me a PM with evidence: http://starmadedock.net/conversations/add?to=DukeofRealms

If you're a shipbuilder and want to get into contact, request for my Skype (in PM) and we'll sort something out. I'm currently needing screenshots (not just ships), some of it may have to be custom. You may have to be under NDA, as we don't just want any ship, station or other ingame mechanic (so a public post is not suitable.)

Get into contact with me, so if we ever need something in a short amount of time, you're available for request.

For factions and servers not getting recognition, we have been thinking about another badge for you.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2

be active
    be helpful
    be have

Lol alot of us are not going to MF. How about SM ventures out of that server and explore other ones. EE, redshit, and Feedupyourbeast to name a few. Also official videos would be nice if they weren't tied to one server. War, I would not mind seeing some ships from nass. That does require SM to look at and out up other SM users videos. As you see here on these threads. People want to have their ships, and stations viewed and showed. What we don't want to do it is try to be buddy buddy with one particular group that has a monopoly of the games devs ear and website. Obviously there is the idea that MF is favored. Aceface, has a good amount of videos and shows off ships as well. I'm sure if the SM staff get off their ass and start supporting other you tubers and servers then we would get more of them.but having the balls to say after all this time and many other non MF videos that it may be seen. I think your just bullshitting. They have came out, but SM does not support them. They sure do encourage to try and they MAY get seen long side official stuff. Lotto really the chances are possible that high that I non MF video maybe endorse my SM staff. Not all of us like to kiss ass, or play on a easy server.. EE all the way, where the real players are.[DOUBLEPOST=1416951288,1416951219][/DOUBLEPOST]
    MF members should not, and as far as I'm aware are not treated any differently than others. If you believe this is so, especially if you have seen mistreatment, please send me a PM with evidence: http://starmadedock.net/conversations/add?to=DukeofRealms

If you're a shipbuilder and want to get into contact, request for my Skype (in PM) and we'll sort something out. I'm currently needing screenshots (not just ships), some of it may have to be custom. You may have to be under NDA, as we don't just want any ship, station or other ingame mechanic (so a public post is not suitable.)

Get into contact with me, so if we ever need something in a short amount of time, you're available for request.

For factions and servers not getting recognition, we have been thinking about another badge for you.
    Badges oh my. Might be good, and it's a good idea.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    SM ventures no where. SMD does not have an official news gathering system. Schine doesn't go out looking for stuff to profile. That's for the users to do. MF just happens to be the most active and also happens to attract veteran players because THEY reach out to us or are in close enough proximity to where we're already at for SMD, Schine or other veterans to get included. NASS used to be the same way until the rush of new users from Yogcast. The places people will pool up is entirely up to them when the steam release comes out. That means a keen observer of human nature might be able to get the lion share of that new blood. The more you complain about any one group the more attention you draw to them which is self defeating.

TL : DR; Steam release is going to make all of this a moot point. Be prepared for it or you'll miss your chance.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Maybe someone in SMD, since they create the dam thing as it has been suggested to create an official news gathering system. Or someone staffed that makes dam new videos. Then that guy can venture off to the worlds and servers of SM and flim factions, people's ships, and cool shit in people's servers. But no, let's be lazy. I'm sure than new blood will be eaten fast by the admin and the community of MF. We are not worried about that. War maybe nass will be fill of people again, and a game should want new players. That's how games grow.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    If I knew a trailer was in the works, I would have contributed.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    The community makes the content. SMD just helps put it in one place. If there's a lacking it's because the content was never created. we have not been suppressing user submissions of news and videos. Go make a video, share it with us. Watch us not favor MF videos over yours. We like any user content. No matter the source as long as it does not violate ToS.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'm actually thinking of replacing the forum home page where we usually have news, with popular threads and content. It would automatically put popular threads on the page. So that could help with organic exposure.

However, I have a feeling people use the forum news over the main website news on star-made.org.

If I knew a trailer was in the works, I would have contributed.
    We heavily advertised it: http://starmadedock.net/threads/starmade-trailer-ship-submissions.2586/

The teaser trailer however, was not made by a Schine member. schema organised his own trailer request. The other trailer, the official main trailer is still being worked on by Bench and is from Schine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.