The Vaygr Empire "To Dominate & Control" [Apply here]

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    How the actual f*** do you guys make so many big ships in such a small amount of time? I've probably spent close (if not more) to 100 hours making the hull of my titan and I'm not even close to be done (keep in mind, that's just the hull and turrets)...

Great job btw!
    Marcus is German. Some stereotypes may answer this question.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Silly Keptick, The Vaygr are much skillzed * ^* Zoro Legit pumped out a Battle as a Side project before I even knew he was building it o Ao

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    More to the point I think there is more than one man building ships in this case :)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    More to the point I think there is more than one man building ships in this case :)
    You would be correct, Each admiral is in charge of his own Fleet. You can easily see the striking difference in the Design and performance of Zoro's Ships, Kanrage's Ships and even marcus'.

As well, every member makes their own ships on top of that, thought few are accepted to any official fleet I think o -o There is almost innumberous ships in the Vaygr, and so many projects its far track sometimes.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Well it makes sense to have official projects and then everyone have their own runabouts, i have to admit it's a lovely faction.

Reaction score
    Huh, while i may have made a true vaygr ship i didnt expect you guys to take much notice of it (its a destroyer not a cruiser btw)
    Out of interest, as i assume you're refitting it (seeing as it was only built for display) what are you going to do with it? I'll be really interested in seeing it when youre done.
    I just looked at your ship because I was interested. But I will not use it for the death wing. That is because I already have a ship of almost that size for my fleet.

But I like to have ships with details I like around to take a look if I want:)

Reaction score
    How the actual f*** do you guys make so many big ships in such a small amount of time? I've probably spent close (if not more) to 100 hours making the hull of my titan and I'm not even close to be done (keep in mind, that's just the hull and turrets)...

Great job btw!
    Id did not go fast. I simply posted it only now. In fact, because almost all of the hull is slanted. And with an underlayer of grey hull. So I had to go over the complete hull multiple times. Additionally the bottom and top are not symmetrical, so I spent dozens of hours on that ship already

Reaction score
    I think they're ability to practically shit out ships is because of simple, trained skill.

The Vaygr have been doing this a while. They understand geometric concepts, advanced builds, and building a skeletal structure. They're rather efficient.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I did not mean to imply your work was any lesser, Marcus, i meant in general, i realise your ships are yours alone. They are very much splendid, as I have said

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I am very impressed you have successfully put the Vaygr back on the Forums first page and given them a tally of two pages of fandom. I see a bright future for you Marcus. Very bright indeed.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I am very impressed you have successfully put the Vaygr back on the Forums first page and given them a tally of two pages of fandom. I see a bright future for you Marcus. Very bright indeed.
    I... I'm not sure if this is dripping with sarcasm or genuinely supportive. That in itself is masterful

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I think they're ability to practically shit out ships is because of simple, trained skill.

The Vaygr have been doing this a while. They understand geometric concepts, advanced builds, and building a skeletal structure. They're rather efficient.
    Thing is... so do I.

I guess that increasing the size and amount of polygons also exponentially increase the build time.

I'm clearly building a simpler shape next time, it would probably cut the build time by half!

Reaction score
    Thing is... so do I.

I guess that increasing the size and amount of polygons also exponentially increase the build time.

I'm clearly building a simpler shape next time, it would probably cut the build time by half!
    Probably more than just in half, to be honest. All of the Vaygr designs use very simple geometric shapes.

I'm not saying they don't look good, though. If anything, the best way I would put it would be that the Vaygr uses a little to create a lot.

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Probably more than just in half, to be honest. All of the Vaygr designs use very simple geometric shapes.

I'm not saying they don't look good, though. If anything, the best way I would put it would be that the Vaygr uses a little to create a lot.
    That was pretty much my point. Using simpler shapes but still making elegant ships. Artsy ships like the ones mr.Furb does always take more time to build.

Reaction score
    sadly I lost much of the progress of my new battleship. So I started a new cruiser here the first pictures.

here you can see its main weapon. For now a AMC placeholder, but this is a 200m long single array. It will most likely be an massive charge laser with the new patch.

As you can guess by the main weapon, this vessel is intended as an anti capital cruiser.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Wait you lost that epic ship or something?