The Thryn [Recruitment Limited]

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    That's doable. making each warpgate its own faction and homebase. we don't need to control the faction that the warpgate is connected with after it's built. it can be an empty faction.

Actually, we've gotten reports from Pholopalus about multiple incidents of jumping into stars.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    That's doable. making each warpgate its own faction and homebase. we don't need to control the faction that the warpgate is connected with after it's built. it can be an empty faction.

Actually, we've gotten reports from Pholopalus about multiple incidents of jumping into stars.
    There has to be at least one person in the faction, otherwise it stops existing. Pretty easy to do with an alt though.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Given the server rules being that you can have subfaction homebases they would have to be the small factions homebase.
    Since the warp gates are all shown, it makes it easy to find them all and track them down.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

Yes, but it's Pholo :P

Reaction score
    Yea, EE prevents multiple faction bases. They can search accounts by IP and would more than likely erase the homebase and or faction. Just ask the admins to add sector protection and tell them what you're doing. I'm sure they'd understand.

Reaction score
    I warped into a star my first time out. I was trying to get to another galaxy. I got through the spawn galaxy and got to the outer rim of the next galaxy over and my next jump landed me in a star. I was still 800 km from my destination system so I didn't warp into the destination star like a noob, I just happened to jump into a star on the way to where I was going.

Also a public warping network would definitely help the economy. And the server as a whole. If the network is good enough (in both mechanics and aesthetics), it could become a feature of the server that attracts new players.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That's crazy I have never warped into a star when traversing across the galaxy. I guess it's my luck lol

Reaction score
    That's crazy I have never warped into a star when traversing across the galaxy. I guess it's my luck lol
    The probability of it happening is probably extremely low, but if it can happen it will happen. At some point.

I actively check my route now to ensure it doesn't pass through anything dangerous. It's a little more work to travel but I completely avoid anything I don't want contact with. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    The big fun fleet wars that people want to play starmade for can't be had if there's no economy to build forces for different sides of the conflicts.

you have big ships now, but once you run out of blocks, if you don't have an already established economy to trade along and rebuild, you won't be able to have those wars later on. so skip on the hurr-derr-i-have-a-battlehip-pew-pew for now and work on building the server up. that way factions can finally have economic backing for their fleets so that fighting as a fleet is actually fun and not random engagements here and there. fleets can only be large and big fleet battles can only be had when people can afford to field them. 1 sided fights are not fun. little skirmishes aren't much fun when you consider the prospect of major battles between fleets of 10+ capital ships per side with drones in the mix. but that's only possible when you let the economy get to be able to support that amount of expenditure. otherwise you're just throwing that resource around with no way to get it back.

Reactions: Winterhome

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The big fun fleet wars that people want to play starmade for can't be had if there's no economy to build forces for different sides of the conflicts.

you have big ships now, but once you run out of blocks, if you don't have an already established economy to trade along and rebuild, you won't be able to have those wars later on. so skip on the hurr-derr-i-have-a-battlehip-pew-pew for now and work on building the server up. that way factions can finally have economic backing for their fleets so that fighting as a fleet is actually fun and not random engagements here and there. fleets can only be large and big fleet battles can only be had when people can afford to field them. 1 sided fights are not fun. little skirmishes aren't much fun when you consider the prospect of major battles between fleets of 10+ capital ships per side with drones in the mix. but that's only possible when you let the economy get to be able to support that amount of expenditure. otherwise you're just throwing that resource around with no way to get it back.
    People already trade between each other. I'll speak from experience here: an economy like you're talking about just doesn't work. The only thing supporting the economy is mining, mining, mining and MOAR mining from your faction members. You could always hire people to do it for you too, and you really don't need warp gates for that.

There used to be a really big gate network owned by titan's hand. I gave up on using it because of how much better jump drives are.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2

I can get blocks, from how I trade, to our mining operations, and from our enemies. There will be no shortages of blocks for me, or the pact. There is a reason we have big ships. We had had them for a while as well. If your side can not fight a war let's us know. If it comes down to I will supply odium with the blocks it needs. Yes one sided fights are not fun, which I hope your side picks up the pace and tempo. Your idea of battle is good if both sides are equal and play fair. On there server that will not be the case.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    the problem is you have had those since before the blueprint system changes. the lazy economy that worked before won't cut it now. ships from the age of creditspawning are going to be much harder to rebuild without an infrastructure especially if the overheating ships despawn

You think the players on-server aren't pulling their weight? again, you've had those large ships since before the blueprint change, and this faction formed after the blueprint change, with very little initial holdings, unlike all the rest of you who are in opposition. you're inheritors of preexisting wealth. we are not. what we've built was built from work in the new economy, not from creditspawning from the old system.

Your faction: several million armored hull blocks? just take them from the inventory since we spawned it before the blueprint change.

New factions: You want armored hull? we have to go mine for a few weeks to produce a couple thousand blocks. millions? hell that's not happening anytime soon. not with the member count and not with the production costs of armored hull blocks.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There is a reason big factions are big factions, they have the experience and connections to withstand the universe that is Starmade. Even if the server were to reset, those factions would still pull ahead, and the situation would resume itself, abeit with a much smaller bank account.

If the idea was to create a market place and trade routes, then okay. But expecting these gates to stimulate every faction to the point of fielding a all-cap Fleet (henceforth I shall dub FLEET)? I'd say there is more charm to a fleet of varying sized vessels than that. It would also work against small militarist factions that are new or those that simply don't have access to large ships.

I dunno, a system in which the small feed the large in return for protection seems fine. A system set up to create FLEETs would push more small factions into larger ones and just feels more limiting for those that would be new. I dunno, I'm just rambling.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Lmao, u built my 250k mass ship after the blueprint change from the blocks ulwe have mined, created, and... obtained. Let's not jump to assumptions and assert things you know nothing about. The large 600m turret you have sitting on your base was bought with credits before the update. I remember your members talking about it. It is easy to place blame and limit yourself with the conclusion that shit isn't fair.
    Hahaha, I think it's funny how you assume you know how many armor blocks we have.
    Anyways it is up to each faction to get their shit in order, it is not the servers, other factions, or yourselves responsibility to ensure that people can make ships and they are well off. A faction must work so they can afford to trade. An improvement in the server economy will not come with a few factions doing well and giving items out.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418941060,1418940941][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There is a reason big factions are big factions, they have the experience and connections to withstand the universe that is Starmade. Even if the server were to reset, those factions would still pull ahead, and the situation would resume itself, abeit with a much smaller bank account.

If the idea was to create a market place and trade routes, then okay. But expecting these gates to stimulate every faction to the point of fielding a all-cap Fleet (henceforth I shall dub FLEET)? I'd say there is more charm to a fleet of varying sized vessels than that. It would also work against small militarist factions that are new or those that simply don't have access to large ships.

I dunno, a system in which the small feed the large in return for protection seems fine. A system set up to create FLEETs would push more small factions into larger ones and just feels more limiting for those that would be new. I dunno, I'm just rambling.
    That seems like a empire, or if it is for protection a mafia ring lol. How can a server economy tribe if small factions don't get to work and play. They don't need others to play for them.

Reactions: Keptick

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Lmao, u built my 250k mass ship after the blueprint change from the blocks ulwe have mined, created, and... obtained. Let's not jump to assumptions and assert things you know nothing about. The large 600m turret you have sitting on your base was bought with credits before the update. I remember your members talking about it. It is easy to place blame and limit yourself with the conclusion that shit isn't fair.
    Hahaha, I think it's funny how you assume you know how many armor blocks we have.
    Anyways it is up to each faction to get their shit in order, it is not the servers, other factions, or yourselves responsibility to ensure that people can make ships and they are well off. A faction must work so they can afford to trade. An improvement in the server economy will not come with a few factions doing well and giving items out.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418941060,1418940941][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That seems like a empire, or if it is for protection a mafia ring lol. How can a server economy tribe if small factions don't get to work and play. They don't need others to play for them.
    We have one 600m turret. You have capitals, titans, battleships, and other assorted smaller ships in high amounts, as well as tons of stockpiled blocks, most likely.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    refirendum Lecic

All the ships that we bought with credits are outdated or decommissioned. 99% of the blocks we have came from our factories, fueled by mining and hard work from our members.

In fact, we're more powerful now. Cause we got the industry infrastructure to do what other people (apparently) can't.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    refirendum Lecic

All the ships that we bought with credits are outdated or decommissioned. 99% of the blocks we have came from our factories, fueled by mining and hard work from our members.

In fact, we're more powerful now. Cause we got the industry infrastructure to do what other people (apparently) can't.
    There haven't really been any major balancing changes since the blueprint update, so.... You were using outdated ships even before the blueprint update? That wasn't very smart of you.