And give us important rocks,
    so that our nation can shine.
    In the vast of Eternity,
    Where hostilities abound,
    You keep our economy,
    From running aground.
    Our nation's lifeline,
    Dear rank fours of mine.
    o_O someone needs to commision the thyrn national anthem from you refire.... *nudge nudge*

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    so like, if *someone* would let us actually complete our plan of connecting the server factions' economies together to the benefit of the server's peace, security, and prosperity, that would be great. destroying the infrastructure we are trying to build for the galaxy is not going to be of benefit, and is a disservice to all of the factions who need a stable economy. Do not hinder economic progress on the server please. not just for us but for everyone who is just starting, and factions which are in the process of developing their infrastructures. with no economy, there is nothing for hostile pirating to leech from either, so it would be in your best interest, even if you are a pirate, to let the economy grow stable.

I do not respect factions that try to destroy the economy before it can form for no other reason than amusement nor can i respect those that are prideful about their preexisting wealth.

keptick Jaaskinal Azereiah karkinosz karnageking zorozeenee dsgraves jan_spaceman Ithirahad Miraak Leanson Mortiferum Creeper__God FlyingDebris Thadius Faran Fluffyzerg therimmer96 TwoNiner Claru Pholopalus Comr4de Nauvran Incap MrNature72 Forge_Meiser Mariux Chevalleis Dolovo AAlexandrosTGreat MrTargareyan Zyrr kiwionthemoon Zeveryn roenilli Grimmcrypt

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    so like, if *someone* would let us actually complete our plan of connecting the server factions' economies together to the benefit of the server's peace, security, and prosperity, that would be great. destroying the infrastructure we are trying to build for the galaxy is not going to be of benefit, and is a disservice to all of the factions who need a stable economy. Do not hinder economic progress on the server please. not just for us but for everyone who is just starting, and factions which are in the process of developing their infrastructures. with no economy, there is nothing for hostile pirating to leech from either, so it would be in your best interest, even if you are a pirate, to let the economy grow stable.

I do not respect factions that try to destroy the economy before it can form for no other reason than amusement nor can i respect those that are prideful about their preexisting wealth.

keptick Jaaskinal Azereiah karkinosz karnageking zorozeenee dsgraves jan_spaceman Ithirahad Miraak Leanson Mortiferum Creeper__God FlyingDebris Thadius Faran Fluffyzerg therimmer96 TwoNiner Claru Pholopalus Comr4de Nauvran Incap MrNature72 Forge_Meiser Mariux Chevalleis Dolovo AAlexandrosTGreat MrTargareyan Zyrr kiwionthemoon Zeveryn roenilli Grimmcrypt
    Good point.

To be fair though, it was a fun fight ^_^. I think that az enjoyed it as well. All those warships aren't going to use themselves now are they :p. We also didn't any destroy anything of great economic value.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The fate of the server does not rest in the peace of your faction. Believing that your faction only holds the key to the servers stability and economy is like saying the odium pact is the key to server peace. We attacked your faction, not considered a small faction. You forget ref, we are not pirates.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Good point.

To be fair though, it was a fun fight ^_^. I think that az enjoyed it as well. All those warships aren't going to use themselves now are they :p. We also didn't any destroy anything of great economic value.
    I enjoyed the fighting more than the shit talking.

It takes a lot of effort to drain 20% of a ship's shields when you're flying something 6% of its mass, you know.

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    The fate of the server does not rest in the peace of your faction. Believing that your faction only holds the key to the servers stability and economy is like saying the odium pact is the key to server peace. We attacked your faction, not considered a small faction. You forget ref, we are not pirates.
    The fate of the server rests with letting the server's population build the economy. investment in infrastructure requires capital. and only larger factions have major capital. until i see all of your factions attempting to set into motion their own plans for public access warp networks, i will not leave concede this point. i said pirates or not. it is not directed only at pirates.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I enjoyed the fighting more than the shit talking.

It takes a lot of effort to drain 20% of a ship's shields when you're flying something 6% of its mass, you know.
    Oh I agree, we should do more fighting, sadly as we experienced when the fighting stops, people talk afterward as the want and thirst for fighting goes unmeet. Once my ship is done soon, I shall be in the fray as well :)
    The fate of the server rests with letting the server's population build the economy. investment in infrastructure requires capital. and only larger factions have major capital. until i see all of your factions attempting to set into motion their own plans for public access warp networks, i will not leave concede this point. i said pirates or not. it is not directed only at pirates.
    A public access gate network. That is a fantasy that will only lead to those who are connected to have their ships stolen, their system traversed through, and if a gate is unprotected.. destroyed. gates are for those who can protect them atm, and can afford them.
    How much trade can your faction do with smaller factions. You will most likely just give them blocks and have a server economy that relies on your faction and not on the hard work.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    yesterday;
    Kep "Hey Jaas, wanna see my ship? :D"
    Jaas "Sure :3"
    Jaas "Don't come to our base though, we'll have to shoot you D:"
    today
    Odium pact converges on Thryn homebase
    Azereiah manually war decs odium factions
    Waffen fires
    30 seconds pass
    "Keptick has died from ship Waffen[Monarchy of Thryn]"

I told you if you came to our base we'd have to kill you xD
    In all seriousness though, I'm glad something has finally happened in the community, the peace has been held too long :3

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    yesterday;
    today
    Waffen fires
    30 seconds pass

In all seriousness though, I'm glad something has finally happened in the community, the peace has been held too long :3
    yep, its crazy it got him from 25km away. but ya peace is boring. a 700m main base turret isn't special. now if your members killed someone with a undocked ship, now that's a good kill, and the ones I considered able to be viable to be counted.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    yep, its crazy it got him from 25km away. but ya peace is boring. a 700m main base turret isn't special. now if your members killed someone with a undocked ship, now that's a good kill, and the ones I considered able to be viable to be counted.
    Working on it. Gotta get at least a 150k mass ship finished and inserver before I'll feel confident in taking on an 800k titan solo. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    our faction came from basically no preexisting resources. many other factions that are against this course of action are those that already have ships that were spawned in before the blueprint change. this faction has been working its butt off to build what little it can relative to its member count. our preexisting ships were just a fighter or two. it's because of hard work that we are building what we are, and trying to make it easier for others who are working their way up from the same starting point as we had.

the reason why gate networks are expensive goes beyond the warp gate's modules and into defenses. that's the whole point in needing a large faction with lots of capital to invest in it. if it didn't need defenses, then any small faction could do it. the point is that safety of warp routes requires large factions to maintain and ensure safe neutral passage (which would be possible only after we can be sure random neutrals can be dealt with if they attack other neutrals using the gates. thus economic investment in gate defenses.)

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    our faction came from basically no preexisting resources. many other factions that are against this course of action are those that already have ships that were spawned in before the blueprint change. this faction has been working its butt off to build what little it can relative to its member count. our preexisting ships were just a fighter or two. it's because of hard work that we are building what we are, and trying to make it easier for others who are working their way up from the same starting point as we had.

the reason why gate networks are expensive goes beyond the warp gate's modules and into defenses. that's the whole point in needing a large faction with lots of capital to invest in it. if it didn't need defenses, then any small faction could do it. the point is that safety of warp routes requires large factions to maintain and ensure safe neutral passage (which would be possible only after we can be sure random neutrals can be dealt with if they attack other neutrals using the gates. thus economic investment in gate defenses.)
    there arnt that many large factions on the server. Both sides must gain in an investment. A better and economical investment would be to invest in small factions by providing them with a good amount of jump drives or ships with good jump drives so they are not hindered by gates and threat of unwanted attention. The larger factions would not have to or feel compelled to protect gates they can focus on what they need to. jump drives are a better investment.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The better part about it is that it was the one person I told not to come to our base, because we'd have to kill him... and we did! In the derpyest way we could xD

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    yesterday;
    today
    Waffen fires
    30 seconds pass

I was two sectors away from your base -_-. It wasn't even on my nav :P

Cause yes, turrets on EE can shoot 3 sectors (which I now know, lol). I'm not mad though, it was my fault for not being careful. The only thing I felt upon death was confusion.

And I sat on az's core afterwards, so we're even :P

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You guys should make some outposts, like with alot of blocks... you know to guard your other systems.... :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    there arnt that many large factions on the server. Both sides must gain in an investment. A better and economical investment would be to invest in small factions by providing them with a good amount of jump drives or ships with good jump drives so they are not hindered by gates and threat of unwanted attention. The larger factions would not have to or feel compelled to protect gates they can focus on what they need to. jump drives are a better investment.
    jumpdrives may not leave gates behind, and may be more flexible but also have a percent chance of jumping your ship into a star, destroying the ship and forcing a respawn. for factions that are small for which that loss would be more than 40% of their total holdings in blocks and credits, jumpdrives are not the prime idea. additionally, using jump drives, small factions will trend towards not coming in contact with one another since there is no common routes and because of the size of space. common routes with warp gates spurs settlement near routes for easy access to trade, enables smaller factions to minimize sun-jump risk to virtually zero, and trade with more groups than only those they specifically request to trade with. Common meeting zones are essential. sure we can pump jump drives into everyone. it's cheap. we will probably do it too. However, a publicly accessible warp network along with a well-labelled map posted in the forum will allow people to travel without requiring specific coordinate knowledge for everything.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    jumpdrives may not leave gates behind, and may be more flexible but also have a percent chance of jumping your ship into a star, destroying the ship and forcing a respawn. for factions that are small for which that loss would be more than 40% of their total holdings in blocks and credits, jumpdrives are not the prime idea. additionally, using jump drives, small factions will trend towards not coming in contact with one another since there is no common routes and because of the size of space. common routes with warp gates spurs settlement near routes for easy access to trade, enables smaller factions to minimize sun-jump risk to virtually zero, and trade with more groups than only those they specifically request to trade with. Common meeting zones are essential. sure we can pump jump drives into everyone. it's cheap. we will probably do it too. However, a publicly accessible warp network along with a well-labelled map posted in the forum will allow people to travel without requiring specific coordinate knowledge for everything.
    Jumpdrives can malfunction? Or do you mean to say that new factions would just warp into them by accident (I have no idea how jumpdrives work).
    Either way I would suggest a trail of publicized Jump nodes. Whereas the Warp gate is a highway and the nodes/jumpdrives are the smaller roads that all connect to it.

Trying to set up a gate network for trade and all sounds nice, but I don't see any 1 faction being able to defend them all. The better bet would be to help stimulate the military of the local smaller factions and have them protect and maintain it, like a militia.
    Either way, don't expect full cooperation, since economic infrastructure honestly sounds like something you'd want to take out in a war, since it would potentially damage income and delay/cut allies (Cause you could grow quite a few allies through trade). For pirates, I would rather see them trying to catch the ships coming through, since it doesn't benefit them at all to destroy it...

I dunno, it's far more surprising to hear someone is actually trying to build public trade gates than someone destroying one (to me anyways). Good luck with it though, if you could figure out the ideal defense set up I'm sure it would lead to all kinds of interesting encounters.

Huzzah for early morning rambles /o/

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    With all the jumps that I had, I never have ran into a star. In order for a jump gate system to work. The gate must be homebases or extremely deep in a station where it is protected. One your large factions go offline or on, a gate will not stand any. Atack when left unprotected.