The Thryn [Recruitment Limited]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The Thryn is planning on making a warp gate "tunnel" from the edge of the spawn galaxy to approximately -1200,0,0. This will make a viable passage between two galaxies, open for anyone to use, we do however with to acquire resources and some information. The first thing we need, is to know exactly how far warp gates can warp, that way we can get a rough estimate of the resources it will take to make the links in the chain to this destination.
    like the Stargate atlantis intergalactic space bridge :D make a midway station will yah?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    economic venture for sure on this server.
    can we possibly get more miners to join? that would be awesome. kthx.

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    The first thing we need, is to know exactly how far warp gates can warp
    This can be changed by server owners, but the default should still be at 128 sectors (8 systems). Note: Going from (0, 0, 0) to (8, 8, 0) is 16, not 8•√(2).

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The Thryn is planning on making a warp gate "tunnel" from the edge of the spawn galaxy to approximately -1200,0,0. This will make a viable passage between two galaxies, open for anyone to use, we do however with to acquire resources and some information. The first thing we need, is to know exactly how far warp gates can warp, that way we can get a rough estimate of the resources it will take to make the links in the chain to this destination.
    I'm sure that gravypod set it at 999k sectors(gate range)

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    xD okay then, I was expecting to need to make quite a few gates, apparently we won't have to.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    xD okay then, I was expecting to need to make quite a few gates, apparently we won't have to.
    Make a few just in case. EE custom config/ accidental reset to default, etc meant it's better to do it. :)

Just in case.....

:p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    They actually reset to default every update, not by mistake

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    *Ingame Name: Karkinosz

Starmade Skills: Hording blocks and credits. Has knowledge of game mechanics. Suffers bad habit of "No I don't like this ship, start again." so very few finished ships. Have built masses of jumpgates although they are more function than form, by a lot.

*Previous Factions: RCF-Royal canadian fleet. Caldera empire (at least technically.) Various one man factions.

*What You Want to Do in the Faction: Willing to fight as a pilot of course, mining isn't too boring a task either. Hoping to gain experience as a builder however as well since my only ships thusfar have been less than beautiful. (I've tried but I need to find myself a style it seems and improve on that.) If you ever need an extra trigger hand of course im ready and willing.

*Timezone: GMT (+/-) GMT+0

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    *Ingame Name: Karkinosz

Starmade Skills: Hording blocks and credits. Has knowledge of game mechanics. Suffers bad habit of "No I don't like this ship, start again." so very few finished ships. Have built masses of jumpgates although they are more function than form, by a lot.

*Previous Factions: RCF-Royal canadian fleet. Caldera empire (at least technically.) Various one man factions.

*What You Want to Do in the Faction: Willing to fight as a pilot of course, mining isn't too boring a task either. Hoping to gain experience as a builder however as well since my only ships thusfar have been less than beautiful. (I've tried but I need to find myself a style it seems and improve on that.) If you ever need an extra trigger hand of course im ready and willing.

*Timezone: GMT (+/-) GMT+0
    Welcome aboard, karkinosz!

Reaction score
    Ingame Name: NeonDestroyer

Starmade Skills: Gunnery, Repairing Space Stations

Starmade Preferences: working on a cooperatively built ship.

Previous Ships Built (please include pictures): none that I am proud of

Previous Factions: None

What You Want to Do in the Faction: Repair Space Stations, Build Small Spacecraft, Build Small Land Bases

Timezone: GMT -5:00

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Ingame Name: NeonDestroyer

Starmade Skills: Gunnery, Repairing Space Stations

Starmade Preferences: working on a cooperatively built ship.

Previous Ships Built (please include pictures): none that I am proud of

Previous Factions: None

What You Want to Do in the Faction: Repair Space Stations, Build Small Spacecraft, Build Small Land Bases

Timezone: GMT -5:00
    Welcome!

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The VSAg Gagarin, a 30k mass ship with comparable guns and shielding to a 50k mass ship in use. It has dual jumpdrives, each taking <10 seconds to charge on Elwyns config. It has a cannon/cannon/ion gun for shields, and a cannon/cannon/pierce gun and two missile/beam/explosive missiles for hull. It's one weakness is the functional bridge.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    "Sir, there appears to be a problem with the front of the ship, repairs might be needed!"

"No worries, there isn't much to repair anymore"

Jaaskinal

Winterhome

Reaction score
    kep are you in a faction? or do you prefer to not be attached to one?
    I think he's CR, but on EE he's under a different faction name.

In other news...
    Due to a series of unpleasant intrusions, all people and factions who are not verified allies of Thryn are to be shot immediately if they enter Thryn's territory.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    In less bark-y words:

Just a caution to those of you who are neutral, please, for your safety avoid the thryn sector. we are unsure of our enemies and therefore require confirmation of friendly faction IFF for our sectors.