The solution was not Adding Auxiliary Power...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Why do we have a power soft cap of 2 million? this is the reasoning behind power generation docking. Auxiliary just seems like a useless block addition to me. remove the power Softcap and Aux power and you will have the same thing with less systems

Reaction score
    If you eliminate the soft cap you make larger and larger ships exponentially more power efficient. It is a way of keeping giganticism in check.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Auxiliary power was absolutely the solution. It's a way of keeping big ships in check.

Reaction score
    Some advice: Don't build solid cubes of it. You will have a bad time.

Reaction score
    I think the biggest criticism is that it adds another weakness to larger ships. While I like the mechanic of volatile system blocks, I haven't done too much testing but it probably will need to be tweaked. Other than that I like that they have added another power generation mechanic. There is no soft cap for power capacitors so the new meta could be interesting. Knowing when to discharge auxiliary and when to recharge will add more to piloting ships.

Reaction score
    if big ships are that bad why not place a size limit in dimensions and or weight ?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    if big ships are that bad why not place a size limit in dimensions and or weight ?
    Because the developers do not want to put a hard cap on what ships you can build.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    To be honest the only thing I wished they would do is bring back the axis tree thing for the new red power block, apart from that I kinda like the new system

Reactions: Gott&BLANDAT
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    for the argument, why not ?
    Because having an "ERROR: Max Size" pop up when you're trying to add an antenna or other fiddly bit on your titan is a big turn off.

Servers can already implement size limits if they choose.

Reaction score
    Because having an "ERROR: Max Size" pop up when you're trying to add an antenna or other fiddly bit on your titan is a big turn off.

Servers can already implement size limits if they choose.
    sooo the lag problem had been salved ?

and we wont:
    build segments of ships that are dock and lock in with all their own power and shield regen and use the rail docking system to slide back and fourth segments to expose to fire or retract to withdraw from the fire?

and semi encapsulated turrets with on every segment a soft cap maxed out powerline structure
    that might have a jiggle wiggle when the attachment point gets shot?
    [doublepost=1473532939,1473531883][/doublepost]btw not that I will
    with the somewhat removal of the injectors my desire to construct has diminished

not that I don't wish people to have a crisp and low ping game experience

not that I MUST HAVE INJECTORS

its just that every time I find a game that has a interesting oddity... it gets ironed out
    rendering the game streamlined and dull

some of you will argue that this game doesn't get dull over this unavoidable patch
    but I doubt it will be the last thing that will get taken out of the game in favor of THE STREAMLINE

erm

yea sry guys

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    for the argument, why not ?
    Because the devs don't want to.

s just that every time I find a game that has a interesting oddity... it gets ironed out
    rendering the game streamlined and dull

some of you will argue that this game doesn't get dull over this unavoidable patch
    but I doubt it will be the last thing that will get taken out of the game in favor of THE STREAMLINE
    This "streamline" was absolutely necessary for the future of the game, which will feature fleet battles in unloaded combat. There's no real easy way to determine how much power a docked reactor is supplying, but it is very easy for them to determine how much power these supply.

Reaction score
    I like the idea of unstable power but is it necessary to introduce a new block? Maybe a an option (similar to the thruster settings) for "overdrive" would do the same thing. In that case you could choose between low but save or high and dangerous supply.

If the explosion can affect other blocks I would build a warp core that can destroy the whole ship if damaged but offers compact and efficient energy.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Personaly, I think these need a rework.

I just built a craft with a standalone 7 million power generation/sec and no docked reactors. I slapped on some auxiliary units to see what would happen and when I activated the aux system, ALL the power was dumped into the main power. It did this even though my capacitors were full; effectively wasting any surplus energy generation.

Real DC electricity doesn't work this way so it doesn't make sense for a sci-fi auxiliary battery to behave in this manner.

Last edited: