The SATURN Building Server [Open Membership]

Reaction score
    Application declined - No links to previous work

If you dont know how to upload pics check out this link - http://star-made.org/content/simple-guide-uploading-images

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like to know more about the settings and purpose...

How much RP / PvP?

Which factions are present, and how are they (Chaotic (just a faction to have one), Organized, Pirate, ...)?

I don\'t want to join a tiny little server, wasting my time while searching for the one where people come together, messure their designs and have fun with each other.

Don\'t take this as an offense (Take it as: If it is entirely PvE I would play singleplayer anyway and clutter your whitelest)

Reaction score
    Hi there, i will do my best to answer your questions.

Settings:

Whitelisted

100 player limit

500kmph max speed

250 item recipe purchase / admin commands for trusted regulars

forum authenitcation required

Purpose:

The SATURN server was the first (asfar as im aware) soley buildig based server created, it is mainly set up for players who just want to build ships in peace and quiet but with a freindly community and active admins.

RP/PvP :

Nope and nope, there is no roleplay in this server at all and the only PvP is when 2 players want to test their creations to build them better, thanks to this, this is a very unique server that many players are calling home.

Factions:

we have a huge amount of factions on the server, including many of the more impressive ones (DFN, Tartaran empire, Armtec) aswell as many very impresive individuals (jimmy jamba,aerzaal, argocontar) all we ask of the larger factions is that they cause no trouble on the server and that conflicts/alliances outside the server do not cause problems for us o any of the players.

Server size:

currently we have 52 members (as of when im typing this) all of which are active at least weekly and many are on daily where possible, before acceptance some but not all players ae quickly \'screened\' for information on what theyre like as someone to play with (ie looking at there forum posts/maturity and occasionally asking other server owners if they have had trouble with them before) this way we can keep the server friendly and grief free.

i hope this answers all of your questions, thanks for your interest.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    ok well if anyone wants to help im building a PvP station which i will export and import onto another server. if you want to help PM me or ask in chat or in game etc. and try to stick to the style. http://imgur.com/mgPY69p.png http://imgur.com/IX1cNiy.png

Reaction score
    IGN: LegoLegend111

Current Faction / Shipyard: Aurora Shipyards (my own faction)

Links to any of your work: The first image is my current WIP. The second is a ship from a server. I have customised it as it used to just be a skeleton frame

Time zone: GMT

Previous bans?: Nope

Why you want to join the server: I would like somewhere to build, test my designs and get recomendatioins for my work

A little bit about you: I used to be part of the DFN. i have been playing for a little over three months. In my free time i like to watch sci fi movies

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No setting ships as enemy usable without the admins permission, doing so will result in a warning and the deletion of the blueprint.

I don\'t know... Useable by (Faction Home, Others, Allied)? So no \"Others\"?

Does the server use any custom blocks? Players have a special texture pack?

I am a bit curious how much dampening your server has - I use 25%, or pirates will kill me outright 2 seconds after they enter the sector. Is it not possible to set spawn-time to infinite and AI simulation to -very low-? (dunno how it works with player-turrets and upcoming NPCs)

I would like some more MultiPlayer stuff, but with building something like the Tulip (from Star Hunters) and create not just as replica but something to do RP in. You build a ship and a bridge and now somebody looks what you do and say: but it has no toilet/. The bridge personel needs toilets too :)

Either that, or more Contests: Build a ship which meets these requirements \" .... \". Success is messured for xx% by \" low cost, small size, ... \" xx% by \" ... \". The best ship will be part of a youtube video or part of a gallery-sector.

I also like to try out new concepts. Recently thought about: Is it good to build a ship with exposed core and nothing around, in front or behind it and make the ship agile enough to not let enemy fire hit the shield? The enemy would esentially have to take out subsystems first.

And I like missions: An exported sector where you have to archive mission goals. Fly with -this- ship through a canyon to take out the shield generator -docked ship with own shielding- in x seconds. It gets reset after someone played this mission.

But for just building, I can do that in singleplayer too. What can I get on this server (except chat, I know) what I can\'t get in singleplayer?

• How difficult is it to build something together here?

Because at some point I have to decide on which server I spend my available time.

Reaction score
    put simply this is a server for people who want to build without the problems of greifers or pirates, while yes you can get this in singleplayer we do offer a wide community where we often help each other with designs/systems, although sometimes things will be very quiet in chat as many players are busy working.

if you are after a server that does things like contests or missions or even roleplay then this probably isnt the server for you.

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    so thought i would post the newest ship i\'m building

on the dev build> http://imgur.com/19hwAiw.png

front view> http://imgur.com/YSThttP.png

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    IGN: Kveke

Faction/shipyard: I am currently not a member of any faction or shipyard due to being a lone wolf type of builder.

Previous works: http://imgur.com/a/21WeY#0

Time zone: UTC +1

Previous bans: None that I remember or deserve.

Why I want to join the server: 1: I need a server to play on. 2: SATURN has been recommended. 3: I sometimes use a shitty laptop which I want to take the load off of by using a multiplayer server.

About myself: I´m the kind of starship captain that won´t trust a ship unless I´m the one who built it. I like to try new things and think outside the box to make stuff that hasn´t really been made before. I don´t build to becomme great or \"famous\", I build to have fun and to waste some time.

I do what I like and like what I do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    IGN:

Current Faction / Shipyard: Lazarous Imperium

Links to any of your work: May I show you ingame?

Time zone: EST

Previous bans?: None(want to keep it that way)

Why you want to join the server: I want a place I can trust my stuff(ships,turrets and etc) will stay safe. I dont want to be killed by other players or raided though I dont mind pirates.

A little bit about you: I have built a few things in minecraft nothing spectacular or worth note. I was messing around on the internet searching for space games. I found this place and have been playing for about 2 weeks.

Reaction score
    Application declined - no linked images

images are require for entry, it doesnt hve to be anything amazing just something to see if you are capable of building/learning to build

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    IGN: mechanikilla

Current Faction / Shipyard: N/A

Links to any of your work:

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd518/mechanikilla/starmade01.png?t=1392811467

Time zone: UTC/GMT +12 hours

Previous bans?: N/A

Why you want to join the server: well i guess im still a noob infact i forgot how to play, though i can\'t say i ever build more then a coulpe cruisers, solo play just gets boring ,and nobody plays the server i played anymore so im just looking for a new server to get back in the game, fresh start...

A little bit about you: perfectionist, electrical addict, over thinker, incapable of tolerating filth, hater of stupid people, human, atheist, straight, male, gamer. that should say enough

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    IGN: Kondroid

Current Faction / Shipyard:NONE

Links to any of your work:

Time zone:GMT (Ireland)

Previous bans?:NONE

Why you want to join the server:I need a server to finish building my above ship,I\'d also like to be part of a building community.

A little bit about you:I play too much games,love indie games and I love meh shooters (Arma and Battlefield vet)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    so my application was just accepted but i cant connect to the server, for unknown reasons did i do somthing wrong?