The Odium Pact

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    *can still into pewpew*

I could probably raise at least a couple guys for that.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Yes, I vote for IH to host the battle!
    It is neutral ground. Rimmer doesn't involve himself in factions that much.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I'm really happy to see everyone figure out a time for a friendly battle together without any bitch slapping.

Seriously, this is great :)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    For the same reason Elwyn shouldnt host, IH cant. We are also suffering with the waiting for pong issues that elwyn has been struggling with lately, not as bad, but still.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    These issues are much less present on IH. I say: let every participant evaluate them and then state if they see the server fit or not.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    These issues are much less present on IH. I say: let every participant evaluate them and then state if they see the server fit or not.
    I have been planning for the last few months to set up an IH battle server, this may be the time to do it ;)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    My ships are small. Covered in turrets and filled with drones but still smaller than most other people who will probably bring battleships. Tiny little Erosion vs Big Calamitys and Cherokees and Apaches and...whatever Laz has I guess >_> <_<. Oh and that flipping huge Armitage ship.

God save me!

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well therimmer if you can get your battle server we can have it their if it holds and performs well.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    *bitchslaps keptick*
    *bitch slaps back*

"SLAP OUCH SLAP SLAP SLAP OUUUUUCH"[DOUBLEPOST=1410876820,1410876576][/DOUBLEPOST]
    My ships are small. Covered in turrets and filled with drones but still smaller than most other people who will probably bring battleships. Tiny little Erosion vs Big Calamitys and Cherokees and Apaches and...whatever Laz has I guess >_> <_<. Oh and that flipping huge Armitage ship.

God save me!
    Make a carrier to launch a corvette swarm then? :P

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can we make the dam thing fun at least like a mini game. Instead of lagging out and crashing the server. We can have unprotected bases built that day, or prebuildlt to a certain limit of course. Each faction or alliance group has their base spawned with 2 ships below 100kmass. Once the go is said, the last faction with their base standing wins. This way the Victor is certain, no bullshit, or craziness.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Can we make the dam thing fun at least like a mini game. Instead of lagging out and crashing the server. We can have unprotected bases built that day, or prebuildlt to a certain limit of course. Each faction or alliance group has their base spawned with 2 ships below 100kmass. Once the go is said, the last faction with their base standing wins. This way the Victor is certain, no bullshit, or craziness.
    Agreed, but what if both bases are destroyed at the same time? And when does a base count as destroyed?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Each base their will be installed what is called a base reactor, it will look like a sphere and will be heavily protected. It will be made out of so many block and will be the goal of each faction to destory. Once that reactor is completely gone, that counts as a win. If we go by the base, well then we will have to destory a whole station, but a solid sphere to focus on will be manageable and clear to see who has won or not. If both sphere ls are destroyed at the same time then a fleet battle will determine the winner. Rules will be of what Incap and others has suggested for fleet battles, so all in one area and no running. The fight will be watched as well to ensure it all goes to plan.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Each base their will be installed what is called a base reactor, it will look like a sphere and will be heavily protected. It will be made out of so many block and will be the goal of each faction to destory. Once that reactor is completely gone, that counts as a win. If we go by the base, well then we will have to destory a whole station, but a solid sphere to focus on will be manageable and clear to see who has won or not. If both sphere ls are destroyed at the same time then a fleet battle will determine the winner. Rules will be of what Incap and others has suggested for fleet battles, so all in one area and no running. The fight will be watched as well to ensure it all goes to plan.

That would mean everyone would bring in missile ships

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well ya, if they would have already. Now everyone will because of you lmao. The trick is to protect your base.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well you could make many smaller spheres with enough distance from each other with copy paste and a large sphere

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You can do that, I want to see what people will come up with design and tactics wise. Some will be defensive as some offensive, the time and resources will be limited.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Rules will be of what Incap and others has suggested for fleet battles, so all in one area and no running.
    While I generally agree with those rules, I specifically disagree with some of them.
    1. No running: while I agree, that running away is not the most formidable and honorable strategy, it should be allowed for everyone to fall back at least back to the sector behind their base.
    2. No/hardly any missiles: As long as the server doesn't timeout(except for auto-saves[if the owner didn't disable them), or a client actually crashes, IMO missiles, regardless of numbers, size or type should be allowed.
      • In case the condition for this rule does not apply, a limit is imposed just under what couldn't be taken anymore, and the battle is reset(unless both sides agree on continuing despite the issue).
    Also, not anyone might still have all the rules in his head, so please quote the post, which contains them.

Another issue: not all participating parties may have a voicechat. Whatever the reason for that, it should be dealt with, since it alters the probabilities.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Fleet battles will occur if the last two bases are destroyed at the same time, so their won't be a base to run to. And less rules, no need to make stuff complex and hard to follow. Let's see what happens. If the server lags or crashes it will be delta with accordingly and communication is key.. get some.. with missles. Use sense. Easy