The Odium Pact

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    all builders must improve and keep their skills up, if a factions fleet is weak, then the faction is weak

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I'm can assure you the pact is not looking for factions to apply here. This thread serves to inform the masses of our formation, existence and news.

"We do not want or need dead weight, unsuitable factions will be refused admission and/or removed from the alliance."

You don't chose to join the odium pact, the odium pact chooses you.
    Well, I can certainly applaud the decision to make this information public.
    Tells the rest of us who to shoot on sight.

Though, the way you present that last statement makes it seem almost as if you're threatening those factions who choose to not join up - which felt almost like the case when Void Templar was asked to join some months ago (which was met with a resounding, universal "Hell no.", or something to that effect).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2

Though, the way you present that last statement makes it seem almost as if you're threatening those factions who choose to not join up - which felt almost like the case when Void Templar was asked to join some months ago (which was met with a resounding, universal "Hell no.", or something to that effect).
    feel free to shoot us on sight, saves us the trouble of looking for an excuse for war.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Keep this thread to odium related issues and topics...

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Keep this thread to odium related issues and topics...
    Well, I'm just really surprised that you joined Odium and was indirectly enquiring on the decision. Is that not related?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    haha not you keptick you are right on point as always. Since I have heard no work from debris, I assume I was kicked from the concord, and with DFN planning on joining in the war on the ROE side, which can not be confirmed, just whispers and rumors you see. I trust the pact more, and my factions fit well within its lines. As I have seen all and both sides, I picked the one for me.

Oro

Reaction score

Void templar has ineffective ships and is very inactive. We made the decision to not add them because they would add nothing to the faction. All alliances are threatening, that is the point. An alliance is a deterrence, a deterrence through fear.

Reactions: TheBlueThunder

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Void templar has ineffective ships and is very inactive. We made the decision to not add them because they would add nothing to the faction. All alliances are threatening, that is the point. An alliance is a deterrence, a deterrence through fear.
    The request was made some time ago, while VT was still quite active and capable in combat.
    We were invited, and we collectively said "Hell no."

I politely request that you not attempt to rewrite history.

Oro

Reaction score
    The request was made some time ago, while VT was still quite active and capable in combat.
    We were invited, and we collectively said "Hell no."

I politely request that you not attempt to rewrite history.
    Ridik invited you, zoro declined you because of VT's ineffective ships.

Reactions: TheBlueThunder

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Ridik invited you, zoro declined you because of VT's ineffective ships.
    Zoro declined us to save face after we told you guys to blow it out your ass.

On the topic of VT, just to keep things clear, I am no longer affiliated with them. These statements are entirely my own observations of what happened internally before we responded to the invitation most negatively.

Oro

Reaction score
    Zoro declined us to save face after we told you guys to blow it out your ass.
    Ok thats enough your attempting to flame now so keep it cool. You may have been invited by ridik, but after this we saw your ships. The Vaygr decided that VT wouldn't join, especially after we picked up a few VT members complaining about inactivity and bad ships. One of these players was Rezerian who basically told us all about your faction behavior. At this point it was clear that VT wasn't fit to be in the Odium Pact. Whether or not you said no had nothing to do with the final decision made by the our leader, as all of us don't care about the quarrels of VT members.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    VT may have said no to ridik, but zoro instincts are correct in his rejection of VT. Where are they now? True they may all of said hell no, but I think that was directed toward relevance as they are inactive and gone.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Ok thats enough your attempting to flame now so keep it cool. You may have been invited by ridik, but after this we saw your ships. The Vaygr decided that VT wouldn't join, especially after we picked up a few VT members complaining about inactivity and bad ships. One of these players was Rezerian who basically told us all about your faction behavior. At this point it was clear that VT wasn't fit to be in the Odium Pact. Whether or not you said no had nothing to do with the final decision made by the our leader, as all of us don't care about the quarrels of VT members.
    Our faction's behavior was centered around individual accomplishment. Our ships were not standardized - those ships that were considered "standard" were only as such because the builder was the only one who volunteered to make general purpose ships. Everybody else had a large degree of pride in their work.

The final decision was made by us before your leader had any say in the matter, and he attempted to justify being denied by what was a major recruiting faction. You are attempting to rewrite the basic fact, which is that we, an "inferior" faction, told you to sod off - which suggests to me that you cannot comprehend that any group would have legitimate reasons to not take part. Naturally there were members who did not appreciate our operating methods - we were very open to recruitment and not particularly serious about getting into combat. They would have been better suited to the Vaygr, or any other extremely strict group with the misguided objective of being "the best", rather than "the happiest".

VT may have said no to ridik, but zoro instincts are correct in his rejection of VT. Where are they now? True they may all of said hell no, but I think that was directed toward relevance as they are inactive and gone.
    Real world issues on the part of the leaders lead to the collapse. They went inactive because Claru got a better life, because NASS fell to pieces after some of our construction projects went through, because our "official" shipmaker went away, and because the other ranking members lost interest in the game itself over time. Faction strength had nothing to do with it - we just stopped playing.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    A reminder: Please report off topic posts and post hijack attempts.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I missed VT and claru. Life is more important than any game.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It's amusing to see a conglomerate of factions such as yourselves attempting to create an extremely strict and admittedly elitist set of rules and standards to try to pattern themselves after; even more amusing is the fact that no one included can muster more than five people on at once, making the rigid recruitment standards essentially useless.

I'd applaud you for your efforts but the unfortunate truth is that almost no one wants to be in factions anymore, and for good reason. For the last six months the ugly mess we call "organized groups" have been nothing but intelligent people throwing their brains out the window of a speeding train and resorting to drooling contests and half-hearted, semi-irritated glances in the general direction of the people they don't like. The only respectable group I've even seen mentioned here is the Vaygr, and that's because a year ago they had big ships and kicked the living hell out of a few people.

In closing, this little discussion we're having is cute but it's getting stale at an alarming rate. Put your money where your mouth is, Odium, and show everything that's somewhat paying attention that you deserve to be here (or don't, I don't care.)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    haha not you keptick you are right on point as always. Since I have heard no work from debris, I assume I was kicked from the concord, and with DFN planning on joining in the war on the ROE side, which can not be confirmed, just whispers and rumors you see. I trust the pact more, and my factions fit well within its lines. As I have seen all and both sides, I picked the one for me.
    Oh, my bad. I didn't take the time to read what was above... *facewall*

On topic: Will some organized battles and events be opened to other factions? I'd really like the idea of gigantic fights :D

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I really don't know, I assume so, if any rate I would not mind conducting some organized battles with you. As lordofwar, kep I will show you the ship I used the whole I was raiding Everyone with, when you have time. No large fights, I don't want to lag the server and everyone play on it. But we can to something even if its just our factions.

zyrr what faction are you in? And maybe no one wants to be in your faction anymore. CR is growing as well as the Vaygr.

Reactions: Keptick