Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I have not had trouble with normal corner blocks. Those function fine now

Reaction score
    There is all the truth. Fortunately, we have thousands upon thousands upon thousands of design databases, each capable of rendering entire sectors of space inert and lifeless. Whole oceans of them. Watching. Waiting. Their mechanical minds instilled with the cold, calculating hatred for all life that only a machine can possess.

Sorry, not design databases.

We meant doomsday weapons. We get those mixed up.

Speaking of Weapons, we need to consider what weapons systems we will be adding as standard to our ships. Schema will be adding a new, customizable weapons mechanic to the game eventually and it'll be good to settle on how the VFW will make use of 'em.

As a refresher, the old combo chart is here:

So far, the Heavy Siege Laser and Long Range Neutron Pulsar look about right, at least on paper. The idea is to go for a relatively accurate projectile with long range, fast bullet speed, and, hopefully, a bit of AoE damage so that each shot leaves a dent in what it's hitting. Any suggestions?
    also add some heavy hulk missiles those things are going to be sweet :D. and add flak cannons for the small turrets and add a broad needle shotgun laser for close range :). also add long range tracking missiles for one of the turrets so while your shooting them with your long range pulsar your turret can blow them up from a good distance :).

Reaction score
    It is Bonding Day, a day where both Mister and Mistress Vec celebrate with fond remembrance our entering into a binding socio-economic contract for tax reasons and also love! We will resume normal fleetworking operations tomorrow or perhaps late, late tonight!

Reaction score
    Dirge II exteriors: Mostly finalized.

Underside.

A closer look at the Fantail detailing.

Top of the Fantail. also: Wingy Thing (tm).

Forward hull, topside.

Reaction score
    Dirge II exteriors: Mostly finalized.

Underside.

A closer look at the Fantail detailing.

Top of the Fantail. also: Wingy Thing (tm).

Forward hull, topside.
    I absolutly love the new fantail also the dirge series is my favorite :D.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    How could Mr. Vec lose his database, surely you have to think that all he'd need to do is find somebody with all of the stuff sitting around, yes? :P

These pictures are very promising. I look forward to jumping into direct and ever-so-friendly competition with you, sir Vec.

Reactions: MisterVec
    Reaction score
    It is true. I did lose all of my ships, but tn44 kept them safe and secure in his Vault of Wonders. He let me look at them again, briefly, before trading in my kidneys for copies of them.

Thanks, tn44!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    replace the old tribarrel light defense turrets with flak cannons.

Reaction score
    It is true. I did lose all of my ships, but tn44 kept them safe and secure in his Vault of Wonders. He let me look at them again, briefly, before trading in my kidneys for copies of them.

Thanks, tn44!
    I have every single one of your ships in my single player... you want them :P.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Your kidneys are serving me well, that is thanks enough. ^^

Reaction score
    looks pretty neat though the struts at the bottom of the side guns look a bit strange to me.

Reaction score
    Wow! That new weapon demo video is pretty snazzy and all those planned updates look useful. Especially the decorative blocks. So, here's the plan:

The Dirge is finished. Once the new weapons come out, expect an update to the design. Also, YAY! Dirge is finished!

You guys liked those dinky three-barrel turrets from the original right? You did?

Why?

Regardless, the new turrets should look vaguely familiar.

Any-hoo! Go download yours today! DL link's in the OP, folks!

Reaction score
    Just as a head's up, I'm slated to show up on Warsong's twitch tomorrow around 8 pm GMT. You'll get a chance to hear my warbling, grating, dissonant speaking voice (complete with suspiciously Austrian Irish accent)! We'll talk about my design philosophy and methods (toilets/ things to put toilets in) and watch as I get curb-stomped by MrFURB in a 1-on-1 dogfight! At least that's the plan! Tune in and enjoy.