The New Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    I didn't realize they had been added! I'll check them out and modify the design accordingly.
    please do I love tetra and penta blocks they are so very useful and are great when building a very complex model and are great with detail work :).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Wonderful to see you back vec :) I realise everyone beat me to it, but awesome new drives!
    I'd like to ask, do you plan for the old competition corvettes to return with the new drive design eventually?

By the way, how is the heir to the fleetworks doing?

Reaction score
    Wonderful to see you back vec :) I realise everyone beat me to it, but awesome new drives!
    I'd like to ask, do you plan for the old competition corvettes to return with the new drive design eventually?

By the way, how is the heir to the fleetworks doing?
    The plan, tentatively, is to do the contest entries next, as they are smaller vessels. I'm not entirely sure how I want to handle those just yet. I'd like to bring them up to the newer look, though. If you'd like, we can collaborate on your entry and see how that works out. Hit me up with a pm and we'll work out the details.

The Skjeggbarn is like a timberwolf in high heels: beautiful and terrifying.

Reaction score
    The plan, tentatively, is to do the contest entries next, as they are smaller vessels. I'm not entirely sure how I want to handle those just yet. I'd like to bring them up to the newer look, though. If you'd like, we can collaborate on your entry and see how that works out. Hit me up with a pm and we'll work out the details.

The Skjeggbarn is like a timberwolf in high heels: beautiful and terrifying.
    dang you vec Y U no reply to me :(.

Reaction score
    dang you vec Y U no reply to me :(.
    Reply to what? I don't think I got any messages from you. :(

Also: Penta and tetra blocks seem to reflect light in a really disruptive way and break the preview block in the advanced build mode. Any tips on how to fix this? If they remain as borked and ugly as the corner blocks were, I'll have to stick to simple wedges.

Reaction score
    Reply to what? I don't think I got any messages from you. :(

Also: Penta and tetra blocks seem to reflect light in a really disruptive way and break the preview block in the advanced build mode. Any tips on how to fix this? If they remain as borked and ugly as the corner blocks were, I'll have to stick to simple wedges.
    odd I don't have that problem I never encountered that issue do you have shaders enabled because they cause lots of graphical problems :(. hope this helped :).

Reaction score

Pentas and Tetras folks! I suppose I could turn off all the graphics settings. That might get them to not look like a mess. The other side of the nose is even worst. The pentas there are glitched out entirely texture-wise.

Reaction score

Pentas and Tetras folks! I suppose I could turn off all the graphics settings. That might get them to not look like a mess. The other side of the nose is even worst. The pentas there are glitched out entirely texture-wise.
    do you play on a mac because somebody was having this issue on his mac however I don't on a mac so I have not yet encountered this issue but I did have this issue with shading enabled so I recommend shading to be disabled all the time because it makes building ships a complete nightmare and then throw in the current horrific performance it causes.

Reaction score
    I'm not on a mac. I'm on a high end PC, with, like blast processing and an FX chip like in Starfox. There's no "Shaders" option in the advanced settings. Do you mean the "shadows" selector?

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    The reason that the pentas look derpy is because the tetras count as a full block and thus block light just like a full block would, not letting any hit the side of the penta.

Reaction score
    I'm not on a mac. I'm on a high end PC, with, like blast processing and an FX chip like in Starfox. There's no "Shaders" option in the advanced settings. Do you mean the "shadows" selector?
    yes I do shaders is basicly shadows im just used to calling it that :P also I play on a incredibly high end pc I am capable of running a 100 player server off of it without any performance decrease :D. also im capable of playing any game I wish at 60+ fps the only downside is it cost a fortune to buy and is hurting my income :(.

Reaction score
    Thanks, Furb. Any idea if that's going to ever get fixed? Also, I'm submitting a bug report related to it as the light reflection isn't the only issue here.

And Dark_J: They are turned off. Shadows, mip-mapping, bloom, you name it. Pentas/Tetras look like butt.

Reaction score
    Thanks, Furb. Any idea if that's going to ever get fixed? Also, I'm submitting a bug report related to it as the light reflection isn't the only issue here.

And Dark_J: They are turned off. Shadows, mip-mapping, bloom, you name it. Pentas/Tetras look like butt.
    then I am just lucky or I am just being blind and never noticed it :P.

Reaction score
    So! Why don't I use tetras and pentas? Because they aren't quite...done...yet. When they are, I'll update the hull.

On the plus side, I'm mostly done with the basic exterior stuff. The mid-hull is sealed and shaped correctly. The forward hull has been set back to its wedge-and-block-only original condition and most of the heraldry and stuff's been removed until I decide on the final paint job.

For all of my patient peoples, I've tossed in a shot of what I think will be the main guns' outer armor shell. I'm open to suggestions on this one, but I like the various decorative bits and bobs, especially the glowy "eye" that used to show up on my oldest designs. I'll probably add the VFW flying V to the blank space after the two grey ridges.

Reactions: WolfChild
    Reaction score
    So! Why don't I use tetras and pentas? Because they aren't quite...done...yet. When they are, I'll update the hull.

On the plus side, I'm mostly done with the basic exterior stuff. The mid-hull is sealed and shaped correctly. The forward hull has been set back to its wedge-and-block-only original condition and most of the heraldry and stuff's been removed until I decide on the final paint job.

For all of my patient peoples, I've tossed in a shot of what I think will be the main guns' outer armor shell. I'm open to suggestions on this one, but I like the various decorative bits and bobs, especially the glowy "eye" that used to show up on my oldest designs. I'll probably add the VFW flying V to the blank space after the two grey ridges.

that gun looks promising it better pack a good punch :D.

Reactions: MisterVec
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Mr. Vec! John Ardent, GalNews five. Is there any truth to the rumor that your design database has been lost?

Reaction score
    There is all the truth. Fortunately, we have thousands upon thousands upon thousands of design databases, each capable of rendering entire sectors of space inert and lifeless. Whole oceans of them. Watching. Waiting. Their mechanical minds instilled with the cold, calculating hatred for all life that only a machine can possess.

Sorry, not design databases.

We meant doomsday weapons. We get those mixed up.

Speaking of Weapons, we need to consider what weapons systems we will be adding as standard to our ships. Schema will be adding a new, customizable weapons mechanic to the game eventually and it'll be good to settle on how the VFW will make use of 'em.

As a refresher, the old combo chart is here:

So far, the Heavy Siege Laser and Long Range Neutron Pulsar look about right, at least on paper. The idea is to go for a relatively accurate projectile with long range, fast bullet speed, and, hopefully, a bit of AoE damage so that each shot leaves a dent in what it's hitting. Any suggestions?

Last edited: