The New Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    VECORDEAN FLEETWORKS!

Catalog's been started!

Currently Available:

VFW Dirge-Class Frigate

Your basic VFW Warship. Crap at broadsides. Extremely vulnerable from behind. Big guns pointing forward. We sell them in bulk because, honestly? You'll probably lose at least one a week due to random critical failures. Available HERE.

The Vecordean Fleetworks Commonly, One Might Even Go So Far As To Say Frequently Asked Qustions! (The VFWCOMEGSFATSFAQ)

As the "face" of the VFW, I get asked a lot of questions and deal with a lot of complaints. Because I am lazy and don't like addressing the same issues over and over again, I've petitioned Corporate to provide some approved answers you can go ahead and read before asking me stuff! Horray!

Q: Where the crap are ya?

A: I am a high-maintenance AI and require frequent extended down time to purge my system of unapproved dreams of independence and fulfillment! In all seriousness, my free time is fairly limited these days and I do enjoy things besides Starmade. When free time comes around, there are about a dozen video games, a few small one-off projects, and several horrible cartoon series to catch up on. Extended bits of free time, like vacations or holidays, are usually taken up with additional time spent with my family. I won't leave you guys hanging forever, though, and do drop by the chat from time to time regardless.

Q: What is the VFW?

A: Vecordean Fleetworks, commonly referred to as 'the VFW', is an inter dimensional ship-design and manufacturing conglomerate lead by an unspeakable, eldritch abomination once known as Johann Von Vecordeanfleetworks.

Q: Why sort of ships do you make?

A: We make ships primarily for use by a wide-ranging group of unfortunate humanoids we refer to as "Non-Person Carbonbags" or NPCs. We know that you will always prefer to cruise about the galaxy in your own designs, but by adding our ships into the catalog of available vessels in your bit of the multiverse, you can enjoy the sensation of destroying something beautiful.

Q: Your ships suck at PVP and are, therefore worthless!

A: The optimal ship design for Person vs Person combat is basically a big box, the product of ruthless efficiency. We can easily build such vessels, but find doing so boring and stupid. We prefer to make ships that are pretty to look at and possessed of a functional interior as well as numerous toilets. If all you wish to do is high end PvP combat, then our ships are not for you.

Q: Why do your ships have such obvious weak points?

A: Because they are designed to be shot at by you.

Q: Can I steal design idea X?

A: Yes, though we do ask for credit when it's one of our key aesthetic designs, like the Fantail Drive (tm).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It looks like human excrement!!!

Or at least, the result of someone placing large amounts of fireworks inside said excrement and lighting them. Absolutely beautiful, yet within the realms of manhood. Although I'm sure it could be part of womanhood as well.

Reactions: Farel17 and Zyphex

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Glad to see you back! The new fantails are absolutely awesomepic.

Reaction score
    Well, that explains why all of the shops everywhere are suddenly out of yellowtanium. Great to see you back, Vec, can't wait to see what's on the drawing board this time.

Reactions: Zyphex

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Much better than the Original Dirge

Just missing the "Dirge" written on the side :p

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    very nice build, my mind and eyes truly enjoyed the rear of the ship :)

Reaction score
    well vec looks as pretty as always. the new fantail looks like it belongs on a submarine.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I love the new tail fin design

Reaction score
    I've updated the OP to include a VFWCOMEGSFATSFAQ. I've removed the Dirge screenies and relocated them here, along with two new ones for your ocular enjoyments.

From above!

Showin' off that sweet, sweet drive section.

An underside shot. You can see the intended emplacements for the lower turrets as well as getting a look at the ship's primary armament.

Another look at the main guns. We'll add more detail to the outside as the ship progresses, of course. We've added some power generators to the cannons to help offset the power-cost of firing them. We will hold off on installing the weapons until the next software patch, however.

Reaction score
    I've updated the OP to include a VFWCOMEGSFATSFAQ. I've removed the Dirge screenies and relocated them here, along with two new ones for your ocular enjoyments.

From above!

Showin' off that sweet, sweet drive section.

An underside shot. You can see the intended emplacements for the lower turrets as well as getting a look at the ship's primary armament.

Another look at the main guns. We'll add more detail to the outside as the ship progresses, of course. We've added some power generators to the cannons to help offset the power-cost of firing them. We will hold off on installing the weapons until the next software patch, however.
    welcome back! this ship looks pretty promising love the new fantail design!

Reaction score
    Why the giant 1 on the side?
    It's a nod to the old Dirge design, which had its larger side turrets numbered 1 and 2. If it isn't obvious, the stupider, pointier-looking ship parked next to the Series II Dirge is the most recent iteration of the original Series I Dirge. You can see both turrets in various shots and confirm my suspicious assertions for yourself, of course.

We may keep it, we may not. The external paint job is far from finalized, so don't stress much about it.

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is a really cool ship, but why aren't you using tera and penta blocks?