The Lazarus Imperium - Join the greatest empire of StarMade today!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would not suggest this, as knowing the strength of another's ships well prepares them for an attack. Should we give out that info, we'd basically be giving them guidelines for essentially (how big?) to build their ships. And there is little guarantee that they would do us the same favor. In the end, we'd probably have the same results that occurred on Illusive: two massive ships, ultimately ending in a battle that crashes the server (possibly) for good.
    The thing is, almost every single hostile action you will ever take as a faction is likely to be against another faction. This means that the faction you will face will already have a standing fleet, and is unlikely to replace it under short notice unless there is a real problem (eg. you have shield ships but they have no ion). While releasing your ships could indicate to a hostile faction which ship to deploy, it is unlikely releasing a ship to public will have major consequences.

PS. all your ships are practically public anyway.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    In order to say this you need to know (or believe to know) what ships there are.
    I don't know of which ships you know and of which you don't, but I can assure you, there is at least one ship of which you cannot know any stats.
    There are blueprints which have never seen a computer different from the one they were made on, of which no image exists.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    In order to say this you need to know (or believe to know) what ships there are.
    I don't know of which ships you know and of which you don't, but I can assure you, there is at least one ship of which you cannot know any stats.
    There are blueprints which have never seen a computer different from the one they were made on, of which no image exists.

*Whispers* Breadnought

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The thing is, almost every single hostile action you will ever take as a faction is likely to be against another faction. This means that the faction you will face will already have a standing fleet, and is unlikely to replace it under short notice unless there is a real problem (eg. you have shield ships but they have no ion). While releasing your ships could indicate to a hostile faction which ship to deploy, it is unlikely releasing a ship to public will have major consequences.

Indeed, but you are forgetting one thing: all of my previous builds are USELESS, and you want to know why?
    UPDATES!!!!!!!!!
    so in the end, all people have are just really big (or small) desktop trophies.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    that is why most of my ships have not been seen or is left in the standing fleet. Having 4 large ships each different in purpose and focus makes it easier to catch people of guard as they only expect what they have seen and in perception will only prepare for what they know. Public ships are good for general public uses and tasks. To be used by everyone in the faction.

Reaction score
    It is also easy to name exemples, such as Darth Vader's ship and the other... ( completely forgets the ship's name ), the other were common use by the clone troopers, while vader had his own one, modified and superior.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What server are you guys on? I cannot see you on NASS.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    NASS-main(a reset might have erased the faction there though).
    Infinitehavoc.
    There may be more.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ah, thank you. Here is my application:

Username: Snk

Requested Class: Pilot

Why I want to join: It seems like a large, active faction, with good roleplay and an interesting way to experience the game.

Short information about me: I've been playing Star Made for about 8 months now, and have a lot of experience in deep space travel, combat, colonization, engineering, among other things. Please check out this thread: http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-figurehead-captains-log.1363/

Reaction score
    Username: TheBaconMasta

Requested Class: Engineer or Scrapper

Why I want to join: I'm just getting back into this game which I haven't played in months, this time around now that I have the taste for this game again, why not join a faction? I have never done this before and you guys seem like an active faction.

Short information about me: When I used to play this game I would just hop from server to server building ships ( Industraial, cruisers, Star Destroyers from Star Wars, etc.) but I never really stayed on a server for long because I had no one to play this great game with until now.... hopefully.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Ah, thank you. Here is my application:

Username: Snk

Requested Class: Pilot

Why I want to join: It seems like a large, active faction, with good roleplay and an interesting way to experience the game.

Short information about me: I've been playing Star Made for about 8 months now, and have a lot of experience in deep space travel, combat, colonization, engineering, among other things. Please check out this thread: http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-figurehead-captains-log.1363/
    Username: TheBaconMasta

Requested Class: Engineer or Scrapper

Why I want to join: I'm just getting back into this game which I haven't played in months, this time around now that I have the taste for this game again, why not join a faction? I have never done this before and you guys seem like an active faction.

Short information about me: When I used to play this game I would just hop from server to server building ships ( Industraial, cruisers, Star Destroyers from Star Wars, etc.) but I never really stayed on a server for long because I had no one to play this great game with until now.... hopefully.
    Both accepted, welcome aboard.

thebaconmasta feel free to look into both branches and decide which you like more. However we have much more engineers than scrappers atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.