The Figurehead: Captain's log

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Greetings, citizens of the Star Made universe. This is an audio recording. I am Snk, captain of The Figurehead. I have decided to begin this log as a way to put many of my adventures in the celestial seas of Tethys (My home galaxy) for public viewing. The log will begin shortly, but first, I have decided to include a short background on me and my ships.

I have been around for 80 years (8 months IRL time), before the two Great Catastrophes (The two resets we've had) and have served under a small amount of factions. My ship, The Figurehead, is probably cursed. There have been 7 ships under the same name, all of which have been destroyed due to corruption, server resets, pirates, sabotage, etc. What sets apart the Figureheads is their extensive interior and their ability to be crewed. I'll explain how crewing works later. The current one, (which is a Trident Type M class) has had a pretty decent service. She's been around for a month now, breaking many records. Here are some screenshots:

This is the bridge. I, the captain sit in the chair and give my crew orders. The tactical officers aim and fire the weapons, and when we aren't in combat they look for asteroids, planets, pirates, etc.

This is main engineering. The crew modifies this empty space mid flight with what I wish - thrusters, shields, amcs, etc. With the new blocks we only have more things to do. When we aren't increasing power to the thrusters to dodge asteriods we're usually toying around with new reactor systems.

This is a shot of where most of the engineering actually happens: The nacelle.

The observatory: Perfect for planetside operations, or scaring people with vertigo.

Crew quarters. Pretty self explanatory. It's not much, but we aren't a cruise ship.

Exterior shots: I built the ship, but my commander, Zeno, created the exterior. I must say, he did a nice job.

Captain Snk, out.

Last edited:

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Captain's log: Star date 6/7/4014
    A while ago, Myself and Zeno started a research station in order to investigate the new weapons designs. We have come here in an effort to study the new weapons systems that have appeared.

The research I did here proved to be quite useful and I have decided to upgrade The Figurehead's weapon systems. However, I am quite short on supplies and have decided to head to 0,0,0 and see if I can gain the supplies needed.

Captain's log: Supplemental

The mission was a success. I was able to retrieve the goods quite easily. However, along the way I decided to increase power to the weapons through the engineering section and engage a small pirate ship. My weapons weren't enough to penetrate the shields, so I simply left. Other than hitting an asteroid, everything else went along nicely.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Tip: Tab+g hides GUI, and makes screenshots look more pleasing. You can also press F6 to make screenshots without GUI, but this does not hide docking boxes.

But besides that, very interesting way of storytelling.
    Not to mention we almost cruised into a star...

Reaction score
    I like this. I hope it continues, the ships and stuff are lovely too.

(I've always had the idea of someone doing the news updates in RP styles, such as instead of 'new weapon systems' it would be 'Galactic Protocol allows for new civilian weapon systems' ETC)

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Captain's log: 6/8/4014
    Audio Only.

The day before last, I was making a trade run to The Markonian Republic when several pirates attacked me. I managed to evade them by increasing power to my shields - by filling one nacelle with shields, I gained nearly 1.2 million shield points overall. However, The Figurehead could not sustain the power needed for such massive protection.

Anyways, today I decided to make another trading run to one of The Republic's numerous outposts. Kilster, my client, wanted an order of grey hull and explosive modules. I managed to power 9,000 grey hull and 3,000 explosive modules for delivery. I had made a decent profit. On the way, I decreased power to the shields I had installed yesterday. Upon arrival, Kilster showed me his ship and I offered him a position aboard my ship, so he could help me get back home. He accepted, and I found him a good and loyal crew member. All in all, a good trip.

-------------------
    Thanks for the reviews, guys!

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Captain's log: 6/18/4014

I apologize for not updating my log.
    Tethys galaxy has experienced a massive natural disaster - again. A chain reaction of supernovas. We have fled the universe and found anew.
    Among other things, our excellent cartographers have been hard at work and the size of sectors here have increased to 10km. This means that bases are farther apart, and I have taken it upon myself to resupply the refugees here.
    Supernova's shipyard, for instance, (Our server's primary shipwrights) Is 267 km away from spawn. In any case, I've taken it upon myself to resupply many of the new bases with ores and items and have had pretty decent success.
    Captain Snk, out

Reaction score
    Captain's log: 6/18/4014

I apologize for not updating my log.
    Tethys galaxy has experienced a massive natural disaster - again. A chain reaction of supernovas. We have fled the universe and found anew.
    Among other things, our excellent cartographers have been hard at work and the size of sectors here have increased to 10km. This means that bases are farther apart, and I have taken it upon myself to resupply the refugees here.
    Supernova's shipyard, for instance, (Our server's primary shipwrights) Is 267 km away from spawn. In any case, I've taken it upon myself to resupply many of the new bases with ores and items and have had pretty decent success.
    Captain Snk, out
    You really need to turn this into a video, nothing elaborate just make some related footage ingame.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hm, nice updates, but be careful not to let game terminology that wouldn't really work in an RP setting slip in. For instance, "1000 Hardened Hull"... What the heck does that even mean? 1000 PLATES of Hardened Hull?

Also, fleeing a Universe isn't an easy thing to do. Try, perhaps, "fleeing the Galaxy"?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thanks for all the feedback, guys.
    This would make a nice video, but I have no experience with videos and editing footage.
    And this isn't purely RP. It's also a way for me to advertise what goes on in my server and so I can remember all the lovely times I've had with my ship. But I see what you say about hardened hull, I'll try and remember that.
    And I agree with the whole universe/galaxy thing, I'll avoid saying universe.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I should really visit the Figurehead in-game since I play on the Tethys Galaxy server.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Sure. I'd love you have you.

Anyways! Another entry:
    6/29/4014
    After the Great Disaster, I helped the people of Tethys start a new life. We took a number of supplies with us and deposited them in spawn, and I helped distribute them across the galaxy, delivering everything from ship parts and medical supplies. We (I mean, the community of Tethys) look upon the old galaxy with sadness, but are infused with a new spirit of hopefulness and curiosity. I, for one, am just glad at all the new business opportunities. I've already hired a number of new people aboard my ship and am making enough to sustain myself. I chose not to document these in my log, as it would be way to much work.
    In any case, my new faction, Vanguard, has decided to expand. (We are one of the largest faction on Tethys - you can pretty much except someone from any one of these 3 factions to be on at any time on Tethys: Jovian Imperium, Vanguard, and SMITH-Anarchy Universe). We have set up a colony on a planet called Caladan. This wouldn't have much to do with me if the new inhabitants didn't need some supplies.
    In one of my previous voyages, I had my crew help me test out one of those new overdrive devices. We didn't have time to take them down, so I did so on the way. Here's a picture of the engineering section as I worked on it:

Also, I made a detour to spawn to pick up some computers and medical supplies.

It's good to know the people of this planet will be healing and entertaining themselves with things I delivered years ago.

After a long voyage (About 110km,) I finally made it.

It was such a nice planet, however, I decided to stay and use my extensive engineering skills to help construct some houses. I'll deliver some pictures later.
    Captain Snk, out.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Also, fleeing a Universe isn't an easy thing to do. Try, perhaps, "fleeing the Galaxy"?
    There's been endless discussion about that on our server forums >.<
    Turns out galaxy is indeed the better option.

After all, you can't escape a universe by throwing a warpgate through a warpgate, and seeing where you end up.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There's been endless discussion about that on our server forums >.<
    Turns out galaxy is indeed the better option.

After all, you can't escape a universe by throwing a warpgate through a warpgate, and seeing where you end up.
    Umm, yeah. That would just cause a kersplosion or something. (Either that, or the warpgate would just go through the other, assuming the other warpgate isn't the other end of the first one, which would cause a paradox)

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The theory was that the other warpgate will end up at a random location which would *Hopefully* end up someplace better.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    The theory was that the other warpgate will end up at a random location which would *Hopefully* end up someplace better.
    But, warpgates are linked...
    [confusion intensifies]

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Only if you have a warpgate on the other side. If you shoot an object through a warpgate without a warpgate on the other side, it ends up in a random location.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Only if you have a warpgate on the other side. If you shoot an object through a warpgate without a warpgate on the other side, it ends up in a random location.
    But, you need a warpgate to travel to the warpgate that was warped through a warpgate.
    A bit complex, much?

I could also just use a normal ship-FTL and poof into one direction.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    No you don't. If you only have Warpgate A, and object A that is shot through warpgate A, object A ends up at a random location unless Warpgate A is connected to Warpgate B. In this case, Object A is another warpgate.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    No you don't. If you only have Warpgate A, and object A that is shot through warpgate A, object A ends up at a random location unless Warpgate A is connected to Warpgate B. In this case, Object A is another warpgate.
    I just realized. Why are we making our brains hurt over something scientifically nearly impossible?