The Homeworld Thread

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You know what I don't get? What actually made the hyperspace cores so powerful, other than being able to activate Sajukk. It seemed that even one of them was super powerful, but why? They don't seem to be the only way to use hyperspace certainly, the Taidaan, Turranic raiders, and the Kadeshi seemed to get around no problem without them. Whats the big deal?

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I believe they enabled mass hyperspace and longer travels. And also the cost was lower.

Reactions: Ghent96

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Yep, the cores allow whole fleets to travel over very large distances.

Otherwise you have to have networks of outposts and gates to travel those same distances.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Without a hypercore, the drives only allow short jumps, like one star to another, but 2-3 star systems max. Hyperspace cores let you go transgalactic, allowing to cover 100+ lightyears a jump. That also means that in Cataclysm, the Kuun-Lan was only capable of short jumps too, as it lacked a hyperspace core.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ah, that makes sense. It seems like that could have been explained better..

Reaction score
    Hey do you have a blueprint for this. Its awesome.

Homeworld 2 is one of my favorite games, partly due to the fact that I love the ship designs so much.
    I recently started working on a Hiigaran Destroyer.

Here's what I got so far. It's not going to be a perfect copy of the original, but I think it's close.

PS.: Beautiful Chimera Station there Cybertooth.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Taiidan Fiirkan Scout is done.

Fairly easy, since it's mostly a kitbash of the Trikor and total interior redo. Maybe I could be a bit more accurate, but I want to finish all the strikecraft of both Taiidan and Kushan first, and fast, to get a new "thing" going in-game.

starmade-screenshot-0054.png

Reaction score
    Hiigaran Destroyer (outdated)
    Just be aware that you'll have to do some work yourself. The turrets still use the old docking blocks, and some System stuff might be out of date too.
    Thanks Bud.

Just re-fitted the Turrets and Internal systems.

Looking at over 93 m power reserve and 3m recharge. Main guns can destroy a planet in under 30 seconds. Still working on the DPS number. Looks like it is going to live up to its name.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Got a little burned out on StarMade for a while, but I came back recently and started work on a couple new things. The first was the Kushan Interceptor with the intent of having something to scale other Homeworld ships off of since I didn't want the strike craft to end up super tiny or large when based off of the larger ships with docking. I completed that at what I thought would be about the right size since I couldn't find an exact number. Next I started construction of the Kushan Support Frigate since it has docking pads for the interceptors to get close to it. I was able to go into the Remastered Collection and scale the frigate chassis in StarMade based on a few screenshots of docked interceptors. With the frigate chassis and Interceptor I have a comfortable scale to make the other ships and I can use the docking pads as a size reference for any small craft that can use them as well as any ships with the same docking pads on them (like the Resource Controller which also has the Collector dock that can be used to get the size of the Mothership on this scale).

Anyway, enough rambling for now. I'll get the BP for the Interceptor uploaded when I can get that working. Here's some pictures:

Entrance is using an area trigger setup:

And the Support Frigate:

Edit:
    Interceptor blueprint

Last edited:

josemik

Freelancer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Those taiidan ships you see are imported from the game so yeah i will do the taiidan lol

Reactions: virtue1987
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Nice to see this thread is alive again, found some old pircure of my hiigaran fleet, decided to post them.

starmade-screenshot-0005.png

starmade-screenshot-0006.png

starmade-screenshot-0008.png

I also onwed a Hiigaran Defense Field Frigate once, but it got deleted with the old EE server.

Also, here are some newer pics from some Kushan ships, after i lookes up my old BPs and saw how horrible some of my early ships looked, i decided to update at least my Kushan Corvette

starmade-screenshot-0040.png

The one in the Center is the new one btw.

The last one, a friend on the Brierieserver build a nice boxy mining ship for himself. After i took a look at it, it reminded me of something, so i asked him of a BP of his ship with the intenion to change it. After i was done i went back to him to to compare.
    I present my version of the Khar Toba
    starmade-screenshot-0036.png
    With the original ship on the right.

So, i hope you enjoyed my pics, see ya.

Reactions: Ghent96 and josemik
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've got a new project I've been working on lately and it's coming along nicely. A bit under scale, but it's been a fun reason to use the build helper's circle tool.

Kadeshi Needle Ship

Also got some work done on Bentus and the Somtaaw Archangel Dreadnought. I'd like to get some more detail work done on these and then put up blueprints if anyone wants.

Edit: I have no idea why I have transparent backgrounds in screenshots.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I've got a new project I've been working on lately and it's coming along nicely. A bit under scale, but it's been a fun reason to use the build helper's circle tool.

Kadeshi Needle Ship

Also got some work done on Bentus and the Somtaaw Archangel Dreadnought. I'd like to get some more detail work done on these and then put up blueprints if anyone wants.

Edit: I have no idea why I have transparent backgrounds in screenshots.
    Those ships look perfect, i wanted to build an Archangel myself, but i considert it too difficult.
    Why cant i like this more than once:(