The Homeworld Thread

Reaction score

Welcome to The Homeworld Thread! This is the home for all things Homeworld. Got some news on Homeworld games? Post it here! Working on a Homeworld themed project in Starmade? Post it here! Excited to see what all we have in store!

I'll do my best to keep this main post updated with all I can find related to Homeworld here on Starmade.

Check out Cybertooth's Destroyer!
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/homeworld-2-vaygr-destroyer.423/

Direct Link to Ship: http://starmadedock.net/content/vaygr-destroyer.263/

Check out godsgopher's Taiidan fleet!

No links to the ships yet, but looking good. Keep it up!

Admiral.Piett has begun some work on Homeoworld 2 ships!

Defiantly a solid start. Keep up the hard work and give us links when done!

I currently am working on my Homeoworld 2 project. You can find it here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-homeworld-2-project.158/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Had some time to work on chimera station, i think it's come on a treat from the last picture :D

Outside is pretty much done now, i should start on the interior, but as the interior is never shown (as with most things in homeworld) i don't really know what to do. :confused:

Reaction score
    I LOVED the homeworld series, cant wait for shipbreakers and the HW-1&2 remasters and the possible sequels (assuming they make money on the remasters?)

These recreations look so good! :P all the nostalgia! Keep up the amazing work :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Homeworld 2 is one of my favorite games, partly due to the fact that I love the ship designs so much.
    I recently started working on a Hiigaran Destroyer.

Here's what I got so far. It's not going to be a perfect copy of the original, but I think it's close.

PS.: Beautiful Chimera Station there Cybertooth.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thanks Wugg, some real nice work there yourself :) maybe you should face off against my vaygr destroyer when its finished? They look to be similar sizes.

Hmm, i was considering the hiigaran destroyer for my next project, but i hate building ships someone else has allready done. So i guess i'll have to rethink it, the Kadeshi needle ship has been on my mind a lot lately..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I totally understand the feeling. I was planning to do the Chimera at one point so I guess that makes us even.

The destroyer is around 400m, but it's hollow.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This thread makes me want to go back and do the Taiidan Empire I started. I have almost all the shells from Homeworld and cleaned a lot of them up, but decided on working on my own fleet based off of the Taiidan Republic after HW2.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You work fast, its looking great :D I'd just like to ask though, is it asymmetrical like the original?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, that's the best part of the design after all.
    It was a pain in the ass though, since I always forget to add or remove the symmetry-axis.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there an update to this ship yet? It looks great.
    I designed the turrets, the only part where I completely deviated from the original.
    Other than that, there's not much to update.
    I wont do much interiors. Given how they seem to look in Homeworld I feel they wont work on such a small scale. What's left is filling everything up with system blocks. Once that is done I'll post some glam-shots and put the blueprint up.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    hi all people, I found this page browsing internet with very good 3D designs of most of the ships of Homeworld

http://hwmodels.ovh.org/models.html

to open and view the files, you will need a program called "Pepakura viewer" only weighs 2 MB and the better is ... ITS FREEEEEE

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/download/viewer.html

and you can even print these craft paper and mount !!! is great no?

P.D.: please do not let this great project of yours die forgotten

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh that site is excellent :D i've been meaning to make a few paper models to site next to my homeworld boxes, but so far i've only made the kushan resource collector, the plans for the others look so intimidating!

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I designed the turrets, the only part where I completely deviated from the original.
    Other than that, there's not much to update.
    I wont do much interiors. Given how they seem to look in Homeworld I feel they wont work on such a small scale. What's left is filling everything up with system blocks. Once that is done I'll post some glam-shots and put the blueprint up.
    AWESOME!

I have most of HW1 models ported from the .big file and converted them to smedit, scaled to the size of that compares to HW2 (Taiidan interceptor is about 20m long). I'll upload the blueprint pack it as a zip file when I have the chance, if there's an interest. I've redone some of the models, but that was a year ago, so I'll have to get back on that project at some point.

HW FTW!

Reactions: Cybertooth
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Here are some screenshots of the ship i´m working inspired of homewrold game series, is a "cargo ship", is not finnished, but when i do it, i post the link for download :)
    i know.. dont look same...

Reactions: Top 4ce