The Homeworld Thread

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The model is used as a trade convoy in the HW:Complex mod. I don't know if it's exclusive to it though.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Yes, is a custom ship of a mod like Wugg said, more desing of ships upcoming, i can try to do anything, just tell me what do you prefer :)

D

Deleted member 433088

I had subscribed to their newsletter, and when the mail arrived telling it was available for pre-order on Steam, it took a whole year's worth of self-control not to jump on it.
    The fact that I don't do pre-orders and I don't trust Gearbox helped a lot, though.
    It's going to be a long, long month.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I preordered the collectors edition ages ago, very exited that i'll have that mothership model soon! :) plus the remastered stuff looks gorgous.
    Nice ships comr4de, did you do any more?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I had a HW2 ion cannon frigate hull done along with a cruiser from complex mod but I lost em all with my hard drive crash.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I might try to do all the HW1 models before release...

Reaction score
    Hmmm... Nobody completed this and posted it here sooo i'll just leave this here. (I did this during the superbowl).

It has nothing on the interior as my opinion as to what a ship needs is completely different than yours. Has no turrets is just a grey(gray?) shell, as i would just fill it with things like missiles, lasers, and cannons I thought someone else might want to do other things with this. I encourage people taking this design and improving on it, giving it a new color scheme and shields and weapons as I will for sure.

If you want the my finished version later just ask. Made completely out of grey standard armor save the engines and a few red placeholders

Really the first build Ive tried to actually resemble something. I think it turned out well and the state of our homeworld ships is still lacking. I plan on also making hiigaran frigates at about .5ish scale (the BC us actually a little bigger than half.

The side control tower needs some improving but theres plenty of space to turn this baby into a fine warship.

starmade-screenshot-0002.png starmade-screenshot-0005.png starmade-screenshot-0002.png starmade-screenshot-0005.png starmade-screenshot-0006.png

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Well Im at a loss after playing Homeworld Complex mod, which frigate should I make? Could probably do actual size... (I still need to finish the innards of my battlecruiser (which has four warpdrives because reasons...))

Need advice for my battlecruiser as well. Its got 8mil shields 500k regen 8mil power regen, rapid fire explosive AMCs, Side firing Long range High dmg fast missiles, thousands of thrusters, and I am at a loss as to what I need to fill the rest of the ship up with XD also Is docked power reactors actually a thing? I feel those would be very vulnerable... Although I guess easily fixed... Plans for it include the Heavy ion cannon from the Battleship in homeworld complex (because I can). I'm not that big on inner furnishings as I personally don't care much for them save or some minimal stuff like the hangar and the entry to the core and starboard control tower. (I was upset also with the previous pic of the battlecruiser because theres only one control tower and that one had one on both sides of the ship...).

Reaction score
    I really hope Im not the only one working on Homeworld ships anymore :/ because I'm mainly working on the Hiigaran ones...

P.S. Torpedo Frigates measurements are done so now all I have to do is make the hull which will be posted here and on the community page.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'm mostly focusing on HW1, and haven't been doing much tbh. I think once Remastered is out, i can used the new models to see size and details more.

Reaction score
    Man, those are some beautifull ships
    I'm currently working on the Hiigaran Ion cannon frigate >:D

It is 144 m long and I'm only missing the lower back piece.
    When you're done can you post a shell here? My factions bent on galactic domination so little frivolities are not good, but I'd like to at least look cool murdering random factions in a fleet formation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    When you're done can you post a shell here? My factions bent on galactic domination so little frivolities are not good, but I'd like to at least look cool murdering random factions in a fleet formation.
    By shell, you mean like empty with no weapons and just the hull?
    If yes I could finish it within a day.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Dang still no mac version :( i played hw and hw2 on pc but switched over a few years ago still some of the most epic games out there...

To everyone in this thread awesome replics you guys really do a great job i was able to recognize a lot of stuff right away

Reaction score
    Dang still no mac version :( i played hw and hw2 on pc but switched over a few years ago still some of the most epic games out there...

To everyone in this thread awesome replics you guys really do a great job i was able to recognize a lot of stuff right away
    You might be able to partition your hardrive and then run a windows OS... Which would then be able to play HW