"The Great Yamato"

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Dang. Error in the BP. The keel dock logic is missing a wireless module. The Cosmo fighters each have a wireless module that is supposed to connect to the pictured wireless below. It's a launch button for the fighters. There should be one wireless for each fighter on each side of the keel hangar hooked up as shown.

EDIT: was wandering around the Yam today and found another bug, the side cargo dock doors are not supposed to open when the internal door is closed. They're only supposed to close when the internal door is opened, a la an airlock. Haven't looked at where I broke the logic but I had an accident with it shortly before I posted the BP, it was pretty simple if I remember rightly and should be easily fixed if you're so inclined... I will add it to the fix it list anways.
    PS. Has anyone found any other issues or have comments on anything that you think needs improving? How have people found the drones and logic? Works for me but I built it so I would be interested to know how others have found it.
    The Not to the And...
    starmade-screenshot-0363.png

Edit2 : Have been revisiting the Yamato with the new decorative consoles and blocks as well as fixing up the docked Wave Motion Gun and Missiles as they can no longer shoot through the hull and I discovered I'd removed all the missile capacity blocks and forgotten to put them back when I was refilling... oops... minor oversight there. So if you were wondering why the missiles weren't working very well there ya go...

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    I'm currently updating and revising the Yamato. I'm having a hell of a time trying to make a Wave Motion Gun that is both visually acceptable and at the same time destructive enough to be even remotely worthy of it's name.
    With Beam / Beam now dropping shields on the mother ship I'm considering hull mounting the weapon rather then having it docked, and /or swapping it to Beam / Cannon as I'm really not keen on the shield drop mechanic.
    (Also under consideration is making an RP weapons room for the wave motion gun, even though in canon it is fired from the bridge?)

I'm going around in circles just thinking on it myself so I'm wondering if anyone here has any ideas or a preference on how I should go about setting up the WMG?
    B/B or B/C?
    Docked or hull mount?

(Any other comments or ideas on general improvements also welcome.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hull mount would be the way to go to take care of the "can no longer shoot through the hull" issue.

Reactions: MrGrey1
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Hull mount would be the way to go to take care of the "can no longer shoot through the hull" issue.
    Yah agreed, the alternative would be to cut the front out of the Yam and paste it onto the weapon which I'm not keen on. I've been leaning toward leaving the missiles docked and hull mounting the WMG. If I leave it B/B, it'll give the feedback on when it's going to fire, turning it on and just hoping for it to fire with no feedback was not satisfactory. B/C is not really working for me in my testing so think I'll leave it B/B despite my aversion to the shield drop mechanic. Also hull mount means I can separate the weapons computers and incorporate into a firing room or into the bridge deck. Cheers for feedback Tydeth.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What about just an enormous waffle of Cc that fires often enough with large enough projectiles that it resembles a beam? Could be a good way to make it a viable weapon. If you're just going for RP, then yeah, hull mounted Bb.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    MRGS Yamato 37a released 310119
    Fixed for new game version. Cosmetic updates. Turret updates, removed thrusters and reactor as no longer needed with spawn to dock. Fixed light on AMS turrets blocking movement with new light boundary box. Mounted WMG on-board. Fixed cargo doors. Fixed missing missile capacity and docked missile. Fixed missing launch control for fighters.

https://starmadedock.net/content/mrgs-the-great-yamato.7657/

EDIT: I think this is the last time I'll post here since I've now opened a full shipyard thread. All future Yamato updates or issues can go there.
    https://starmadedock.net/threads/mrgrey1s-shipyard.31102/

Last edited:
    Reactions: Gmodism and klawxx
    Reaction score
    As a fan of the original Space battleship Yamato animation, I absolutely love this ship.

Reactions: MrGrey1
    Reaction score
    How does the elevator on the QF edition work?
    Nevermind, figured it out. It's a really cool system!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    How does the elevator on the QF edition work?
    Nevermind, figured it out. It's a really cool system!
    To use the main lift, enter the floor letter/number, eg 1, 2, A1, B1 etc, combo into the screen and push the button. (Must be capital letter.)

Reaction score
    so werid question how do i get the turrets to work as one XD im kinda new to the whole game itself and idk what im doing i found out i can get the smaller guns to fire if im in their core but i cant get the big main guns to fire any help XD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    so werid question how do i get the turrets to work as one XD im kinda new to the whole game itself and idk what im doing i found out i can get the smaller guns to fire if im in their core but i cant get the big main guns to fire any help XD

Three ways;
    1. Left hand build menu under Docks - Turrets on
    2. TAB - Ship - Structure - Rail System Collective - Activate all
    3. The INS key - Rail System Collective - Activate all
    IIRC the upper forward turrets are set to fire on target, all other turrets will shoot at anything hostile. You can change individual turret settings by getting in the barrel entity and then TAB - Ship - AI Config.