The good, The bad, and the horrible.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Found a bit of time today.
    So I built a bit and continued some stuff I have been working on (challenges for example)

So to continue my City-Gate project and the april challenges I thought to myself, why not start on the police force for the City-Gate.

and here's a little something I made in the dev build.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Found a bit of time today.
    So I built a bit and continued some stuff I have been working on (challenges for example)

So to continue my City-Gate project and the april challenges I thought to myself, why not start on the police force for the City-Gate.

and here's a little something I made in the dev build.
    I'm just smashing that like button over here

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Open house!
    (or something)

I spawned all my builds or almost all my builds on the NFD build server.
    Come take a look if you want a closer look ingame on my builds
    The gate and all my ships are at 102, 1, 4.
    Only look, no touching.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Taller, wider?

Thinking about remaking the most of the gate to look more like this.
    I would need to make the top part taller, the bottom part bigger and make it a lot wider everywhere except for the gate itself.
    Opinions?

oh an here's a little old something.
    Not finished.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Looks pretty good. Be careful not to make things too busy with caution stripes, though...

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Looks pretty good. Be careful not to make things too busy with caution stripes, though...
    caution stripes? You mean on the ship?
    Most of those are from the cargo containers but I will be careful with them

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    So I found this class that would teach me a bit but unfortunately the teacher never showed up nor did any other student.
    It was a bit weird but at least there was some good information on the blackboard so I took a few notes.

Yep that.s me sitting right there, don.t ask how I took the picture. The teacher Cough FlyingDebris Cough never showed up, sadly.

On another I finally got good enough to get a little reward.
    Thank you very much CIR / Council.
    And thank you for downloading and reviewing my ships as well as liking them of course.
    I can only hope my building skills will keep evolving and get better, and hopefully you will all be more satisfied with them.​

Last edited:

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I was playing a bit around with therimmer96 today on NFD.
    And we wanted to experiment with some Elite Dangerous stuff.
    Rimmer himself made a smaller (and somehow smoother) version for himself while I made a bit larger one with a bit of extra features.

Enjoy a recreation of the Elite Dangerous docking pad!

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Love hurts like hell
    And as you can probably guess by that, something happened in my private life.
    And because of that you will probably not see any builds from me in some time, possibly not in the next 6 months of so.
    I will most likely not even touch starmade or many other games as I have no motivation to do anything at all.
    Soo yeah. hearts broken again.​

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well thats a shame.

Get better soon.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10

The Far Traveller is proud to present a new vessel for those who wish to explore the universe.
    This new vessel has been designed for short term exploration schedules. Although there is plenty of room for supplies there is no room for proper beds nor other facilities.
    The Inquiry is our first vertical vessel and our first vessel with only one large thruster unit. This thruster, and the inbuilt jump drive, is the same powerful type used on the Seeker.
    While the Inquiry might seem small next to the large Seeker it is still a capable ship, equipped with two small double barrelled defence turrets it can destroy small asteroids, missiles, and even fight of small pirate ships if the pilot is competent enough!
    The Core of the Inquiry is covered with hardened armour and forcefields.
    While the Inquiry might be a smaller vessel she still needs proper protection for her crew and therefore we have created and installed a small automated airlock with access from underneath the ship, all you need to remember is to close the outer door whenever you enter/exit.

So if you enjoy zooming around in space searching for new stations and/or transporting small amounts of goods or people then the Inquiry is the ship for you, she's small enough to be manned by one man and is therefore the best option for a personal exploration ship!

Enjoy!
    The Inquiry

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Due to me being an idiot and not keeping a backup and Starmade and the OBJ exporter somehow derping I lost my entire main Starmade folder and all it's content.
    I was however able to save most of it although it seems that I cannot recreate my old universe.
    That means that I have lost some updating progress on some ships and all my blueprints which weren't exported.
    Luckily I had copied and pasted my blueprint folder into my dev version of Starmade and I therefore have some "outdated" ships.
    Unfortunately I believe I might have lost some ships as there might have been some smaller vessels I for some reason did not save as blueprints.

Other than that I think I might finally say fuck it and release the City-Gate Security (CGS) ships that I have had floating around collecting dust.

Small reminder to everyone watching my thread or any newcommers, I would love some constructive criticism if possible. If there is anything with any of my builds you really like or dislike then please tell me, do not be afraid of sounding rude it is just criticism after all and I require that to get better.​