The Final Battle Vaygr vs DFN

Reaction score
    Now there is a tiger shark in the mix. Looks like this will be an epic fail! hhahahahahahah! epicfaillord! It\'s funny...cause...epicfaillord...his name and epic fail... I\'m going to go kill myself now.

Reaction score
    Can I have the pleasure of doing it?

The tigershark is a small frigate I built with 34 turrets and a big shotgun array. Originally designed to kill insane amounts of fighters, I tested it and found it packs quite a punch against all sorts of ships.

Reaction score
    Nothing to do with it in my opinion. Would everybody on Vaygr complain if DFN had been previously \"Destroying\" Vaygr and agreed to force them to pull all military assets from NASS if DFN wins?

D

Deleted member 301635

So? 16,000 block powerdrains can drain 1mil e/second.

A well equiped navy could probably field enough powerdrain ships to bring down the Czar, regardless of it\'s power regen.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Just to point this out; in order to use a power drain beam you have to be able to shoot it at power blocks, this would mean that you would still have to break through the shields. Good luck.

D

Deleted member 301635

Actually, last time I checked, shields do nothing to power drain. They drain as normal against most blocks, and get a 5X bonus against power blocks.

I haven\'t been able to test this yet though.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    And I already have a plan going. You\'re going to be... entertained, let\'s say.

Reaction score
    Hi,

If the power drain beam doesn\'t hit a power block (e.g. hits a hardened hull block), then it still works but only drains 20% of the power.

For power drain, what actually happens is that it drains X power Y times per second. Increasing the number of power drain blocks in the group increases both X and Y. This means it\'s probably very easy to have an extremely over-powered power drain that\'s capable of draining 500 million power in a second, and if it doesn\'t hit a power block it\'ll still drain 100 million power in a second.

Of course (for large ships) if the victim attempts to move or fire they\'ll be using up power too, and will end up at zero power even faster.

The other thing that happens is that (when the victim gets to 0 power) the power drain beam also prevents regen for 5 seconds. What this means is that you can drain all their power, then spend 5 seconds blasting them with AMC while they can\'t move or fire and their shields can\'t regenerate (due to no power). After that 5 seconds you switch back to power drain to keep them at 0 power, and after 5 more seconds (10 seconds after the first \"regen stun\") their regen is disabled again (and your power tanks are full regardless of how much power your AMCs consumed before) and you switch back to AMC. Basically; if it\'s done right, something like the Czar is just a big floating brown turd (once any turrets are gone).

Sadly, power drain beams are a glitchy half-assed mess. You can\'t see any stats in game, can\'t set the output block, sometimes (for no known reason) the beam decides to start firing backwards, often the beam isn\'t drawn properly by the game (e.g. you see nothing when you fire the beam, but might see a brief beam when you stop firing), and if you do manage to get it to work there\'s no easy way to determine how much power it\'s draining (it\'s not like AMC where you see the target\'s shield colour change and then get little red damage numbers).

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That is really good to know. Thanks. I was led to believe that the beam had to be touching a power block. Maybe it was an update that changed it. I will have to keep this in mind while designing support ships.

Reaction score
    u deleted my last comment so i will reply again

we wont attend your meeting because you are not involved in this battle or conflict, good day

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Did you forget, or you just confused threads ? You posted that on the other thread with the Notice:

http://star-made.org/comment/70255#comment-70255

See your reply is there under it from yesterday:

http://star-made.org/comment/70270#comment-70270

Here, there were only those 4 replies from different people, where no one noticed yours ever existed here, because it didn\'t.

Now with the evidence in your face, stop inventing accusations (again), being so whiny and conspiratist isn\'t proper of a Vaygr (or any faction). And a proper leader would apologize for a (truly) mistaken accusation on the forum because of your server conflict, but that didn\'t happen the last 30 times, so I don\'t expect that this time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Posting your replies in the middle of this thread (or back on page 1...) instead of at the end makes it almost impossible to follow what you are all saying.

Reaction score
    i may or may not be able to attend the battle due to time zone differences, sorry if i can\'t make it

Reaction score
    i wasn\'t whining at all and dont try to lecture me on what is proper Vaygr, im not even sure what that means anyways. I have absolutely no idea how im being a conspiratist, at that point of reading your reply i burst into laughter. Lol i don\'t know what your talking about. And like you guessed I will not apologize after being accused of a starting a conspiracy.

Good day

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I\'m gonna record the battle. My youtube channel is \"I is Tinsy\" (same as starmade name but with spaces)

Reaction score
    damn every body plays trumpet tuba is were it\'s at man im still in JHS but the high school invites us over once a year to play with them. it is quite fun last year we ended up playing disturba and party rocking.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    wtf

i wasn\'t whining at all

2 out of 3 lines from your post is used for whining how you are a \"victim\" (your comment removed and having to repost it) and I\'m such the \"bad abuser\" (the one who removed it), it is pretty visible, you know:

michael im reposting this comment

u deleted my last comment so i will reply again

If you really just wanted to repost the 3rd line, you didn\'t had to point that twice in 3 lines. \"reposting this comment\" \"so I will reply again\" as well as pointing at me twice \"michael, im [etc]\" and \"u deleted my last comment so [etc]\" even though you had no idea if it was me, especially since there was no post.

And the evidence that there was no post here in the first place was clear, enough that you didn\'t have to deny it (as usual).

Your obsession with me is too visible, therefor, the \"conspiracy\" word comes in mind, as you lost admin for being a real abuser, you are now trying to prove I\'m abuser everywhere, not only on the server, which is actually a bad move.

Keep your server vendettas away from StarMade\'s official site. This is not your personal quarrel forum, for that, we have NASS Forums. And this change will actually start happening now for this server. NASS conflicts on here already caused too many troubles, enough for another official moderator to remove the whole thread, and others, to complain about the whining, or insults (like in the last post you had removed).

Have fun,

-Mike

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    ...surely you can\'t be serious when you say that you don\'t abuse admin (at the very least, haven\'t in the past) as well. Just two weeks ago you saw fit to delete all of the chat messages made by Travbro in the public chat because of a single outburst in caps (if you\'d like to refute this I\'d appreciate you providing chatlogs. Otherwise keep it to yourself). During the original battle time between DFN and vaygr, you repeatedly kicked members from the Vaygr Empire from joining NASS to participate in the battle. Furthermore, you deleted ships belonging to a Vaygr ally (ridik_ulass) because (and I quote) \"they are killing people at the battlefield\".

as for THIS little gem

And the evidence that there was no post here in the first place was clear, enough that you didn\'t have to deny it (as usual).

You can\'t just say that since the original post isn\'t here any more that that makes it evidence for it having never existed at all. If you did indeed delete it, you and other mods would be the only ones capable of seeing it at all. Since you have provided no proof (other than instructing us to see for ourselves with our own limited access) you can\'t decisively say that you are innocent. Given your history of deleting posts in the Galaxy Rangers thread that reflected negatively upon you or your faction, it\'s a plausible story.

On the other hand, zoro has provided no evidence of this post ever existing in the first place. This is understandable as he probably did not feel it necessary to screencap every single one of his posts.

Sidenote, watching the two of you argue on the forums hurts my brain and probably actively drains the IQ of anyone who reads it.

also saved for posterity incase you decide that this post didn\'t exist too: http://puu.sh/5aU5T.png