The Final Battle Vaygr vs DFN

Reaction score
    So its the resolution you have all have been waiting for. A final battle to end the Vaygr-DFN war. Me and FlyingDebris have agreed upon the a final battle idea. Here are the terms for each side of the battle.

If the Vaygr win

-The DFN must admit defeat on a forum post that we have agreed upon after the battle by me and FlyingDebris

-The DFN must pull all military assets from nasszone (starmade.nasszone.com:4242).

-There will be no arguing on the forums about the results of the battle or past conflicts between us.

If the DFN win

-There will be a peace treaty ending the war as is, made official by a forum post that is agreed upon after the battle is over by me and FlyingDebris

-There will be no arguing on the forums about the results of the battle or past conflicts between us.

Rules of the Battle

-Each side must field at least 3 different types of ships

-There will be no ramming ships

-No running away, you must fight until you or the enemy is dead (a slugfest)

-There will be no referee's like admins regulating the battle, because Nasszone unfortunately does not have one that would be unbiased.

-However the server owner can record the battle if he so chooses, this shouldn't be a rule because he can do whatever he wants.

-You can use most forms of tactics similiar to ship manuevering or concentration, but not anything involving ramming ships or hacking.

Good luck to both sides, have fun and play fair.

Battle will take place at 3pm CST on Saturday, the battle will be filmed by tomino_sama from the mushroomfleet. The battle will take place far from the spawn, and members of each faction will recieve teleports to the starting location. If you are not part of the battle don't join the server, you won't be able to spectate anyways and will most likely be kicked from the server.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Vaygr Insta-Win

Reasons:

DFN ships have crappy shields (Taurus battleship (450m 700k shields) Vaygr Battleship (Smaller 5mill shields)

DFN ships are slow

Vaygr ships are highly shielded

Vaygr ships are notably faster

Vaygr ships have more turrets

No maths needed here people.

Reaction score
    im not objecting to the rules, but im wondering why if vaygr win dfn have to leave nass, yet if dfn win nothing happens to vaygr?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Forcing someone off something is simply tyranny. As long as the DFN has done nothing wrong according to NASS rules, a mere client faction should have no say in almost banning a whole community of players, even if just partly by their military assets.

Advocating fairness, I, for one, would leave that out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Stop going on about the Taurus, Troller. I will fucking end you.

The standard Thunderhead Battlecruiser is 2million actually.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That\'s a silly motivational PR stunt so that Vagyr can salvage what little remains of it\'s allies.

Also, I will crush the entire Vagyr fleet with one ship. Just wait and see ^^

BTW...

Have you read the bullshit in the original post stating what happens if either side wins? It\'s a blatant insult. It\'s so ridiculously unfair and one sided that they might as well choke themselves with it.

If THEY win, we have to pull EVERYTHING out and basically become a non-faction.

If WE win, theres a fucking peace treaty and everyone is supposed to live happily forever after?! What is this, WWII? Are you trying to fashion the DFN into Axis? Newsflash, you\'re the Axis, and WE are the Allies. Allies always win.

Reaction score
    There is too much hate flying around to stop it, as shown in the post by \"GROOV3ST3R\"

Though i do agree on the Unfairness of What happens if The DFN Loses.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think the Vaygr should have to \"pull all military assets from nasszone\" if they lose. Or at least move a fuck-ton amount of sectors away from the DFN.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Although I might be wrong, there might be a very good reason for this garbage, I don\'t know because I missed all the events leading up to this war.

Reaction score
    Everyone from the DFN who is worried about leaving NASS, don\'t worry. Debris said you would be moving to the Illusive server, where the NLR resides, and we will do whatever we can to help make the transition easier and setting up easier. You won\'t be starting over from scratch completely.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    zoro said they would actually have to leave the server as a whole, and move over, while Flying said they, all of the members left, move over Illusive (which, sorry about them, but people came from there to here swearing at how admins were handling things).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    People complained about DFN\'s organization and timing/being slow, but the Vaygr couldn\'t even set an event hour for people to know when to come online :P

Reaction score
    ive been waiting all day for this battle but dont even know when its gonna start