Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    1 gal means more pvp
    would be great if the resource mults were insane
    If there's only one galaxy, I'd imagine there'd be issues of "completely running out of resources or claimable territory." I think starting with 2 galaxies would be a good idea. Maybe even allow players to choose which galaxy to spawn at.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    If there's only one galaxy, I'd imagine there'd be issues of "completely running out of resources or claimable territory." I think starting with 2 galaxies would be a good idea. Maybe even allow players to choose which galaxy to spawn at.
    do roids not respawn?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Or monthly resetarino with all factions with 4< members getting a base import. It discourages loner factions (which are super lame in the first place) and encourages people to gather into larger factions so their shit can be imported at the end of the month.

Plus mantle extractors and asteroid respawn is on the way so I see this as a temporary issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Comrade that is a lot of admin work. Unless it can be automated by a wrapper, which I guess is totally plausible. But even that is a lot of work.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    We're discussing ways of encouraging PVP and resource gains. It can be done with intelligent map design, admin faction structure placement, and wrapper shenanigans, theoretically.

The wrapper shenanigans are the hard part. Designing stations is the other hard part. :|

Last edited:
    Reactions: jorgekorke
    Reaction score
    Well, I like what you've done at least, my main question is will it be as fun as the old EE, that is one which is rather hard to answer and I think I know it already, the new changes seem pretty nice though, could be promising if I were to play EE again :) No hate.
    -Dygrelan

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm interested in the new faction point, territory and members part of the config, as this does create a unique situation.
    How do you intend to set it up, how many people will a system support to break even?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Plus mantle extractors and asteroid respawn is on the way so I see this as a temporary issue.
    Excuse me? Did you just say mantle extractors are coming and asteroid respawn is returning?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    :eek:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443816058,1443816022][/DOUBLEPOST]
    schine commandos will be at ur doorstep
    rip comr4de

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    The mantle extractors were confirmed elsewhere and schine said that you'd be able to respawn asteroids with FP when the faction system was announced, none of this is new information.

Also,
    Comrade that is a lot of admin work. Unless it can be automated by a wrapper, which I guess is totally plausible. But even that is a lot of work.
    The idea is that unless you're active and in a large faction you're not going to qualify for an import. That way we cut down on the 1 man faction creep and reduce how many faction homebases that actually have to be imported.

Seriously, hop on SS and see how many inactive 1 man factions are holding down a system with their homebase, rendering it completely untouchable.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Seriously, hop on SS and see how many inactive 1 man factions are holding down a system with their homebase, rendering it completely untouchable.
    If inactive members drained more FP than active members, small, inactive factions would run out of FP, and then be removeable by other players. It would also encourage keeping your members active.

Reactions: Panpiper

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'm setting it up so a single 1 man faction needs 2 systems to be self sufficent in terms of FP. With ONLY the homebase system you will have negative FP growth and once FP becomes negitive you lose homebase protection.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443853190,1443852996][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah... Due to the the limits in the faction config... You won't be declared "inactive" for 60 days. After 60Days of inactivity if your faction hasn't kicked you, you won't be a detriment to their Faction points.

Reactions: Lecic

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm setting it up so a single 1 man faction needs 2 systems to be self sufficent in terms of FP. With ONLY the homebase system you will have negative FP growth and once FP becomes negitive you lose homebase protection.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443853190,1443852996][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah... Due to the the limits in the faction config... You won't be declared "inactive" for 60 days. After 60Days of inactivity if your faction hasn't kicked you, you won't be a detriment to their Faction points.
    I'd be careful with that. If that scales linear (and why wouldn't it) that means a 10 man faction needs a whopping 20 systems to break even (and they still won't be able to amass a lot of FP for reserves.) Also, it would take a tremendous amount of resources (we are talking about million blocks stations with capital turrets) to sufficiently protect those systems (and still very far from enough on the long run). Which means, if another faction sneak attacks and systematically rolls through their systems with their fleet (let's say equal sized faction, attacking intentionally when no one from the enemy is on) in like 2 hours, leaving only their home system, the rapid FP decay caused by that (as member count does not change) can deplete their FP fairly fast, making homebase vulnerable - you could eradicate an entire 10-man faction in a single evening/night. Is it me or does that sound REALLY broken?

To add insult to injury, the current system is made that when your FP drops to 0, you lost the last system you claimed. Which in this case, will cause a domino effect, as your FP source is claimed systems.

Last edited:

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You would be correct in that if I was leaving the faction point tick round times at default.

Right now the ratio I have for fp to players is 1.5 systems to 1 player

Reactions: Lecic