The DFN- A Starmade Faction [RECRUIT ALL THE PEOPLE!]

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It got some grey hull on the bottom but its not like people want to see the bottom

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So, I think it's time we replaced our mainline battleship. The project will take a while, but we really need one. However, I want this one to look as good as we can make it. So, for those of you interested, the first step would be designing it.

If you have an idea for the ship, post a drawing of it here. Use a 3-view orthographic format. If you don't know how to do that, just draw it from the side, front, and top.

General requirements-

Must be a minimum of 400m in at least one direction.

Must look good.

Must have room for turrets.

Other than that, have fun, and may the best drawing win!

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    I am finally back! Sorry about unexpectedly leaving for over 4 months, maybe even 6, but I lost interest in Starmade after a while, most likely because I stink at building aesthetically pleasing ships, and fighting. The computer I currently have StarMade on is running worse than the last time I posted about it, but thankfully I got a new computer that can download stuff now, so I will download Starmade again on that computer. I have two questions, though. First, do I have to reapply? If so, via PM or posting on the forums? Second, what are the names of every server the DFN goes onto, and what are their IPs? In case the answer to the 1st question is yes, and I have to do it on the forums, here's my reapplication.

IGN: Gantrypengy380
    Experience: Unsure, but I think I created the account in September 2013
    Desired position: Pilot

Can you fight?: Probably not in my current state, but with practice I could possibly fight better than I used to.
    Can you use factories?: Nope, but I plan on watching videos about factories and building one in single player so I can learn how to use them.
    Can you use cub atom?: Mostly the same answer as the factory question.
    How often are you on, and when?: While I was actually interested in Starmade, as much as I felt like, usually a couple hours a day I think.
    Have you been in any prior factions, or are in one currently?: I used to be in DFN, of course, but other than that, no other factions.

Have you been kicked from chat, a thread, or a server before?: Never.
    Do you agree to the rules, and their punishments?: Understood.

Last edited:
    Reactions: FlyingDebris
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey Debris, whatever happened to that mass relay you where building? I was quite interested in seeing the direction that project was going in.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i belive that that was one of the projects that is on hold until saturn updates because the saved work is on saturn

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I actually have the ring in my sp, but it's just so damn big it's taking a *lot* of time for even the tiniest changes. Well that, and the base on NASS holding priority, Illusive shutting down(?), a minor conflict with the NGE, that fancy new cruiser, setting up for a fleet review by MushroomFleet, trying to strip the weapons from our current designs in anticipation for the update, organizing department goals, trying to stay up-to-date with faction happenings, making faction ball comics, trying to develop a training program for new recruits, helping old members who just picked the game up again get up to date on who we like/don't like, and then there's also my life and sleep.

So yeah, I hope that's reason enough why the ring isn't done yet. :P

Also, gonna make a pulsar version, use it as a legit base-clearing superweapon in the new update. ^^

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Application form-

IGN (must be exact) jontyfreack

Experience- (How long have you played?) about 2 days on multiplayer. Over 3 months on single player.

Desired position- (must be a Lvl 1 rank) pilot

Why should we accept you? (Prior service in the DFN is not a reason. Pick something else.) I find it quite easy to sneak around just about anyone.

Can you fight? yes

Are you good at fighting? not really, I'm more of a stealth destroy your base and tell my leader where you are.

Can you use factories? learning

Can you use cubatom? sort of

How often are you on, and when? usually on at weekends and occasionally during the week

Have you been in any prior factions, or are in one currently? I have been in the S,M,A but it disbanded

Have you been kicked from chat, a thread, or a server before? no

Do you agree to the rules, and their punishments? yes

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    *gasp* THE THIIIIIIIIING!!!
    Just read through the last part of the OP, you'll see what I mean, and I will put you in a scouting-out-the-bad-people position, it sounds like you'll perform best there.

Reactions: Creeper__God
    Reaction score
    For some reason, I keep having to download the Launcher over and over because when I click on what I think is the launcher (StarMade(it says it's the largest thing in size, and an executable JAR file)), it says "It doesn't work. Start the game with the launcher you downloaded.", and I can't find that (Starmade starter v9)

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For some reason, I keep having to download the Launcher over and over because when I click on what I think is the launcher (StarMade(it says it's the largest thing in size, and an executable JAR file)), it says "It doesn't work. Start the game with the launcher you downloaded.", and I can't find that (Starmade starter v9)
    Did you check your downloads folder?

Reactions: jontyfreack