The DFN- A Starmade Faction [RECRUIT ALL THE PEOPLE!]

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The DFN- Recruiting Warriors and Builders Alike!
    "If it comes to war, politicians have failed."

The Fleet

DFN Euphrates (wip RP ship, 700+m long)

LZS Dawn, a gift battleship for the Lazarus Imperium. (wip)
    We here try to keep cooler heads nowadays, and would prefer if people keep their distance and leave us alone. However, should they attack, we will retaliate with all our force.

Application form-

IGN (must be exact)

Experience- (How long have you played?)

Desired position- (must be a Lvl 1 rank)

Why should we accept you? (Prior service in the DFN is not a reason. Pick something else.)

Can you fight?

Are you good at fighting?

Can you use factories?

Can you use cubatom?

How often are you on, and when?

Have you been in any prior factions, or are in one currently?

Have you been kicked from chat, a thread, or a server before?

Do you agree to the rules, and their punishments?

A Lil' Bit o' History-

-Faction Established serverside
    -Forum post created
    -Recruitment is heavy as a heated conflict with the (now nonexistant) SGN.
    -SGN disbands, DFN establishes treaty that ends flaming which plagued forum for months.
    -The DFN moves to NASS main.
    -A war with the Vaygr Empire erupts. The Vaygr use a spy to get inside the DFN, then defaction and build-block the DFN homebase.
    -The DFN moves to Illusive at the end of the war.
    -The DFN teams up with the Calderon Republic, and fights the unusually large amounts of rogue players on the server.
    -The CR falls.
    -The DFMC is established. Its first commander is TheOmega.
    -A Vaygr harpy class light frigate is stolen by DFN operatives. The ensuing conflict fizzles out quickly, due to neither side having many assets on the other's server.
    -The DFN joins the Athanatos Concord, as anti-Odium sentiment grows among the ranks.
    -The Lazarus Imperium is attacked by an Odium faction, kicking off the DFN's second engagement with Odium members.
    -Odium factions have a rash of resignations, one faction leaves, and two go inactive. The remaining faction is deemed to not be a threat.
    -As part of a mass exodus, due to increasing lag on Illusive, the DFN transfers to NASS main.
    -Modern Day.

Rules-

1.) Obey orders.

2.) Don't allow anyone into the faction unless they are on the roster, and can go on public chat to contact you. (Will prevent fakes)

3.) If you are getting killed while inside the base, disconnect. Save your credits for when they leave, and getting spawnkilled doesn't help save anything undocked.

4.) Dock everything. In the "have you read the rules" section of your app, put "yeah, sure." If anything's left undocked, it is free resources to anyone else.

5.) Report attacks via PM to me.

6.) Don't bitch on the forums or in chat or anywhere. Doing so got people kicked before, it will get you kicked if you do it too.

7.) Instead of putting what I mentioned earlier into your app, put "Got it, can do."

8.) Get credits, not ores. You can buy ships with credits, but ores are all but useless.

9.) No bragging.

Positions-

Level 1- Shipbuilder- you can make ships. You will be on a team of 2 for larger projects, one doing the ship itself, one doing the optimizations and internals.

Level 1-Pilot- you aren't comfortable with large ships, so you will pilot anything under 200m.

Level 1- Seaman- you are confortable piloting capital ships, you can pilot anything from 200m to 300m.

Level 1- Trader- you go around salvaging and collecting things to sell so the rest of us can have ships. You will be armed, though.

Level 2- Design lead- You have proven to be a good builder, this promotion comes after you assemble one >300m long ship, two >100m long ships, and 1 <50m long ship.

Level 2- Ace- you have proven to be an effective pilot, and are worthy of promotion. You must have- 2 documented kills, via screenshot, and you must not have been killed while flying within the past two weeks. You can now fly specialized stealth ships, or switch over to a lieutenant.

Level 2- Lieutenant- You have been a good seaman, time to get in a bigger ship. You must show you know how to activate a turret, you must have 1 documented kill, via screenshot, must have been serving for 2 weeks, and you must demonstrate knowledge of flanking tactics against a larger ship. You can now pilot ships up to 400m long.

Level 2- Merchant- You have brought in 500mil credits worth of resources, and spawned in and docked 2 ships over 50m. You are now able to make deals with other players.

Level 3- Shipwright- Your ships are powerful and beautiful, and you deserve a higher rank. You have built one ship with over 4mil shields, over 20 turrets, and over 80k dps overall. You are now able to contract other factions to help you build.

Level 3- Squadron Commander- You are a distinguished pilot, very skilled at your ship. You have not been killed while flying in the past 4 weeks, you have completed 3 stealth recons of other people's bases, and have 5 or more kills. You are now able to switch to Captain, or command a jamming frigate.

Level 3- Captain- You have proved your worth as a Lieutenant, and have completed all the requirements for promotion. You have 6 kills or more, haven't died within the past 4 weeks, are able to demonstrate proper fighting styles, evasive maneuvers, and you know how to keep shots from hitting your core. You are now able to command ships 700m long.

Level 3- Entrepeneur- You have brought in money in excess of the credit limit, have spawned and docked more than 4 ships over 300m long, and have traded with other players. You are now able to make merc contracts, with my approval.

Level 4- R&D- You are in charge of all the builders now. Good job. You have been selected to lead the builders, your term in this position is 4 weeks long.

Level 4- Wing Commander- You have been selected to command the Pilots. Your term will last 4 weeks.

Level 4- Admiral- You have been selected to command the Captains, good job. Your term will last 4 weeks.

Level 4- Politician- you have been selected to help in faction decisions, and have proven your people skills in the Trader position. Your term will last 2 months.

Level 5- High Command- Myself and Creeper.

Punishments-

Disobeying orders- 1st offense- temp kick from faction serverside for a day. 2nd offense- temp kick from faction for a week, reset to Level 1 position. 3rd offense- kicked from faction, can reapply in a month.

RDM- 1st offense- ship size restricted to 50m for one week 2nd offense- not allowed access to DFN vessels for one week. 3rd offense- kicked from faction, can reapply in a week.

Complaining about a loss- 1st offense- warning, removal of obnoxious post. 2nd offense- kicked from faction for 1 week. 3rd offense- kicked from faction, can reapply in 2 months.

Intentional destruction of DFN assets- 1st offense- immediate kick, not allowed to reapply.

Spam- 1st offense- warning, removal of spam. 2nd offense- kicked for an hour. 3rd offense- kicked for one week.

Not reading the rules- 1st offense- good thing you're still reading, eh? Put "Understood" in the "Have you read the rules" section instead of what I told you to write there earlier.

Chain of Command-

Level 5- High Command- Can tell levels 1-4 what to do, on the top of the heap.

Level 4- Command Staff- Can tell levels 1-3 what to do, can authorize an attack. Can invite/kick people. Level 3- Line Staff- Can tell levels 1-2 what to do, can edit the main base.

Level 2- Secondary Staff- Can tell level 1 what to do.

Level 1- Average Joe- Can do what other people tell them, should probably try to rank up fast.

TO MEMBERS INVITING OTHER MEMBERS SERVERSIDE-

IN THE INTEREST OF SECURITY, ASK THE PERSON REQUESTING TO BE SENT AN INVITE TO OPEN A PRIVATE CHAT WITH YOU ON THE STARMADE WEBSITE BEFORE YOU INVITE THEM. IF THEY CAN SUCCESSFULLY OPEN A CHAT, INVITE THEM.

We are on the following servers-

NASS main (nasszone.com:4242)

Stardrift (192.227.163.50:57923)

We have an enjin site, it is http://TheDebrisianNavy.enjin.com

Last edited:

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Also, I will be on NASS main this week to invite all of you to the faction.

NASS IP- nasszone.com:4242

Reactions: Admiral Debris
    Reaction score
    Got accepted so I am making the thread a bit neater. Click on the Spoiler if you want to see the rest of the post.
    IGN (must be exact): z1967

Experience- (How long have you played?): haven't played for a few months but had played for well over 6 months before my hiatus

Desired position- (must be a Lvl 1 rank): Ship builder is my preferred role, but I can take up trader/pilot in the event that it becomes necessary.

Why should we accept you? (Prior service in the DFN is not a reason. Pick something else.) I have experience in ship building and defensive engineering (turret FOV, defending parts of interest etc.).

Can you fight? Yes, more on that below.

Are you good at fighting? I fight with a cloak and dagger style utilizing Stealth (usually jammers for corvette style vessels). I can slug it out in traditional ship battles but my designs and modifications are specialized towards speed, firepower, and stealth.

Can you use factories? Unless they have been completely revamped, I can mass produce anything. Just give me some time and resources (resources are usually the limiting factor). I can boast having one that could produce 2 billion hulls every hour. I eventually decommissioned it because I was running out of storage room. More complex factories were produced on that server but sadly it appears to have shut down.

Can you use cubatom? Although I am not incredibly proficient with it, I do understand how it works and what makes what.

How often are you on, and when? I am just coming back to the game but will likely become more active over the weeks ahead. I am a student, so I will likely be front loading jobs and commissions over the weekend and popping on time to time on week days.

Have you been in any prior factions, or are in one currently? I tried to start my own faction (Bomb Shock Industries) but that kind of flopped. I usually slap a lambda of whatever faction color somewhere on the ship but it is not intrusive to main aesthetic and color.

Have you been kicked from chat, a thread, or a server before? Auto kicks for server restarts, but other than that no.

Do you agree to the rules, and their punishments? Understood

On a side note: I can post a few screen shots and some media fire downloads of my two frigates (a defensive/support AI based ship and a High DPS, High speed frigate) if requested. I can also do a new ship/turret build in faction colors if requested.

EDIT: Added colored text for potential easier reading and edited a minor mistake in the Cubatom field.

EDIT 2: I think I fixed THE THING.

EDIT 3: I FINALLY FIXED THE THING...

Last edited:

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Finally, someone who thinks like I do! Debris, you'd better accept this guy, once he fixes his post. HE DID THE THING!

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    Finally, someone who thinks like I do! Debris, you'd better accept this guy, once he fixes his post. HE DID THE THING!
    Is it too long? If so I can (try) to put it in spoilers. Don't want to have unruly posts under my name :|

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would accept you, but you did THE THING. Just read through the bottom part of the post and you will know what THE THING is.

:P

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So very close, but you didn't correct it. Your app looks good, but I like screwimg around with recruits until they realize the thing I hid in the post for them :P

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    >The DFN- Recruiting Experienced fighters.
    "If it comes to war, politicians have failed."

I was going to ignore this, but it just bugs me too much. I'm like this.

It should be, "If it comes to war, humanity has failed"

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello all,

I am proud to announce a victory over the Odium Pact, on the part of us Athanatos factions.

Event Horizon is in shambles, Vaygr is combat ineffective, and dropping members like flies, the Tartaran Empire left the pact after losing a great deal of members due to the decision, and Euro-Corp has failed to harm us at all.

Long live the DFN, Long live Athanatos!

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Hello all,

I am proud to announce a victory over the Odium Pact, on the part of us Athanatos factions.

Event Horizon is in shambles, Vaygr is combat ineffective, and dropping members like flies, the Tartaran Empire left the pact after losing a great deal of members due to the decision, and Euro-Corp has failed to harm us at all.

Long live the DFN, Long live Athanatos!
    It may be true that these factions have died, but their members have not.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    IGN (must be exact): z1967

Experience- (How long have you played?): haven't played for a few months but had played for well over 6 months before my hiatus

Desired position- (must be a Lvl 1 rank): Ship builder is my preferred role, but I can take up trader/pilot in the event that it becomes necessary.

Why should we accept you? (Prior service in the DFN is not a reason. Pick something else.) I have experience in ship building and defensive engineering (turret FOV, defending parts of interest etc.).

Can you fight? Yes, more on that below.

Are you good at fighting? I fight with a cloak and dagger style utilizing Stealth (usually jammers for corvette style vessels). I can slug it out in traditional ship battles but my designs and modifications are specialized towards speed, firepower, and stealth.

Can you use factories? Unless they have been completely revamped, I can mass produce anything. Just give me some time and resources (resources are usually the limiting factor). I can boast having one that could produce 2 billion hulls every hour. I eventually decommissioned it because I was running out of storage room. More complex factories were produced on that server but sadly it appears to have shut down.

Can you use cubatom? Although I am not incredibly proficient with it, I do understand how it works and what makes what.

How often are you on, and when? I am just coming back to the game but will likely become more active over the weeks ahead. I am a student, so I will likely be front loading jobs and commissions over the weekend and popping on time to time on week days.

Have you been in any prior factions, or are in one currently? I tried to start my own faction (Bomb Shock Industries) but that kind of flopped. I usually slap a lambda of whatever faction color somewhere on the ship but it is not intrusive to main aesthetic and color.

Have you been kicked from chat, a thread, or a server before? Auto kicks for server restarts, but other than that no.

Do you agree to the rules, and their punishments? Understood

On a side note: I can post a few screen shots and some media fire downloads of my two frigates (a defensive/support AI based ship and a High DPS, High speed frigate) if requested. I can also do a new ship/turret build in faction colors if requested.

EDIT: Added colored text for potential easier reading and edited a minor mistake in the Cubatom field.

EDIT 2: I think I fixed THE THING.

EDIT 3: I FINALLY FIXED THE THING...
    you fixed THE THING :D welcome to the DFN z1967

Reactions: FlyingDebris

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It may be true that these factions have died, but their members have not.
    I'm quite certain the members are here, and two of the factions listed are still technically alive. I am merely claiming victory over them, on the part of Athanatos.