The DFN- A Starmade Faction [RECRUIT ALL THE PEOPLE!]

Reaction score
    Did you check your downloads folder?
    I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure it'd be in the StarMade folder, but I'll check anyway.
    EDIT: Found it, but for some reason you can't get to the download folder in Windows 7 as you can on Windows XP Professional.
    EDIT #2: I moved it to the StarMade folder so I don't have to remember another process just for finding the launcher.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Not to offend you, but I am surprise that your faction last till now. Have you been seeing trollerbobman ( trollerbob guy?) around the forums?I hope he's not trolling you. I should probably work on a ship for you as I promised since your old faction page received over 1000 post. Hint: its a carrier.... didn't see one in your fleet.

Last edited:

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Do you agree to the rules, and their punishments? understood

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure it'd be in the StarMade folder, but I'll check anyway.
    EDIT: Found it, but for some reason you can't get to the download folder in Windows 7 as you can on Windows XP Professional.
    EDIT #2: I moved it to the StarMade folder so I don't have to remember another process just for finding the launcher.
    I dont know if you already figure it out, but you use the starter that you download from the site to start the game - 3- (starmade-starter.exe) and whats more; that File should NOT be in the starmade folder, it sits next to the folder (if the Starmade folder is on the desktop, the starter also sits on the desktop), and likewise, the game will install to where ever the starter is place :u

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    bshell2260 You must have been inactive for a looooooooong time, because that thing with Troller is long over, we reset our page after about 15-1600 posts, and I (sorry) can't remember who you are... :/

jontyfreack app looks good, I'll invite you as soon as I can get on.

CyberTao It works, albeit kind of like my old laptop- about as jury-rigged as you can get it. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    I dont know if you already figure it out, but you use the starter that you download from the site to start the game - 3- (starmade-starter.exe) and whats more; that File should NOT be in the starmade folder, it sits next to the folder (if the Starmade folder is on the desktop, the starter also sits on the desktop), and likewise, the game will install to where ever the starter is place :u
    Did you not see my 2nd edit? And when I 1st downloaded the starter, it didn't even appear on the desktop, but the StarMade folder did. and why shouldn't the file be in the Starmade folder? Whatever though, I can just move it back out.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    All I know is the starter looks for the Local Starmade folder - 3- which it can not find when it is in it (unless that was changed in the update)

Reaction score
    Ok then. On an unrelated topic, I'm going to post pics of a ship I built (including it's turrets) in a few minutes. It looks like a cube if you don't look at it with it's turrets on and if you're inside it.

EDIT: Here's the pictures of my Fighter-Bomber(FB)(I think it'd be considered that from it's size (turrets are 7x7x7, main ship is about 7x7x11, ship with turrets is about 21x21x11), starting with the front view (I'm posting links because when I tried to upload, they were "too large"): http://i58.tinypic.com/2nb7tb8.png
    Side view(turret top view): http://i59.tinypic.com/33f7xnr.png
    Top view (turret side view): http://i61.tinypic.com/643qer.png
    Main ship interior: http://i58.tinypic.com/wgtjds.png
    So, what do you think of it? BTW Creeper, unless we have a presence on any servers besides Stardrift and NASS, I don't need the IP's anymore.

Last edited:

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ok then. On an unrelated topic, I'm going to post pics of a ship I built (including it's turrets) in a few minutes. It looks like a cube if you don't look at it with it's turrets on and if you're inside it.

EDIT: Here's the pictures of my Fighter-Bomber(FB)(I think it'd be considered that from it's size (turrets are 7x7x7, main ship is about 7x7x11, ship with turrets is about 21x21x11), starting with the front view (I'm posting links because when I tried to upload, they were "too large"): http://i58.tinypic.com/2nb7tb8.png
    Side view(turret top view): http://i59.tinypic.com/33f7xnr.png
    Top view (turret side view): http://i61.tinypic.com/643qer.png
    Main ship interior: http://i58.tinypic.com/wgtjds.png
    So, what do you think of it? BTW Creeper, unless we have a presence on any servers besides Stardrift and NASS, I don't need the IP's anymore.
    Not bad, but it is a tad boxy...

Reaction score
    Not bad, but it is a tad boxy...
    True, but like I said in my reapplication, I'm not that great at building aesthetically pleasing ships. Also, the turrets are rather rectangular as well, but the missiles come to a point, so their somewhat triangular as well. It also doesn't accelerate very quickly, so I think I'll add more thrusters, but I don't really know where. I think I'm also going to add more shields to it as well, since the ship only has 28 shield disperser blocks (not including on the turrets, including turrets, there's 36 total shield dispersers) right now.

EDIT: Added more shields and thrusters, and BTW, the groups of 27 blocks on the corners are salvage cannons. I know I didn't say I wanted to be a trader, but it does have very efficient salvage cannons that can give you every block of an asteroid in about 10 minutes.

Last edited:

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    True, but like I said in my reapplication, I'm not that great at building aesthetically pleasing ships. Also, the turrets are rather rectangular as well, but the missiles come to a point, so their somewhat triangular as well. It also doesn't accelerate very quickly, so I think I'll add more thrusters, but I don't really know where. I think I'm also going to add more shields to it as well, since the ship only has 28 shield disperser blocks (not including on the turrets, including turrets, there's 36 total shield dispersers) right now.

EDIT: Added more shields and thrusters, and BTW, the groups of 27 blocks on the corners are salvage cannons. I know I didn't say I wanted to be a trader, but it does have very efficient salvage cannons that can give you every block of an asteroid in about 10 minutes.
    Yeah, about the salvagey thingy...

The Achilles class can salvage an entire asteroid in less than five seconds, and an entire planet in fifteen minutes...

But hey, it's all in the faction, and available to use.

Reaction score
    On an unrelated note, I'm advancing towards our base on NASS very quickly. I bought a ship from the catalog that can accelerate and brake quickly.
    EDIT: SO MUCH FREAKIN' LAG AT THE BASE!!

Last edited:

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    On an unrelated note, I'm advancing towards our base on NASS very quickly. I bought a ship from the catalog that can accelerate and brake quickly.
    EDIT: SO MUCH FREAKIN' LAG AT THE BASE!!
    ...And 95% of that lag is from the sheer mass of the turrets. :P

It was worse, but we removed the Malevolentias we had docked there. Also, that's why we're going "America mode" in any new wars, and fighting them away from the base.

Reaction score
    ...And 95% of that lag is from the sheer mass of the turrets. :p

It was worse, but we removed the Malevolentias we had docked there. Also, that's why we're going "America mode" in any new wars, and fighting them away from the base.
    Good idea on going "America mode", but still, massive lag. We could build new bases a few sectors away from the main base in order to reduce the lag even more, but that'd mean more work in order to build the new bases.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Good idea on going "America mode", but still, massive lag. We could build new bases a few sectors away from the main base in order to reduce the lag even more, but that'd mean more work in order to build the new bases.
    We could, but then we'd have to add shields and just as many turrets per base, and the 1bil shield blocks I have isn't going to cut it for a job like that. I say we just go baseless for the rest of our stuff on NASS, and do all our random poo bah on Stardrift, where we can just TP ourselves really far away.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You could create relay points in nearby sectors around the base with turrets that can shoot 2km then you have this bubble of defense and lag outside and around the base thus the base can be lag free