The debris in the new dev build are so EPIC!!!!

Reaction score
    this is wrong..
    working on details like this is totally unnecessary and wasted time, especially with current hardware requirements...

it seems to me that schema is either lazy to do some real important work that the game needs, so he covers up by adding features like this
    .. or he is secretly working on something greater but he's still adding these little unnecessary features as a bonus (which is still a waste of time in alpha)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    this is wrong..
    working on details like this is totally unnecessary and wasted time, especially with current hardware requirements...

it seems to me that schema is either lazy to do some real important work that the game needs, so he covers up by adding features like this
    .. or he is secretly working on something greater but he's still adding these little unnecessary features as a bonus (which is still a waste of time in alpha)
    people complain that he never adds interesting features because he focuses on the engine optimization, now that he releases a very cool feature people complain... can we please just be happy for once :mad:

Reaction score
    people complain that he never adds interesting features because he focuses on the engine optimization, now that he releases a very cool feature people complain... can we please just be happy for once :mad:
    I didn't complain about engine optimization, anywys people can complain and criticize all they want, schema doesn't have to give a damn about people complaining, it's a very early stage of the game.. let's face it though.. engine optimization is the wisest thing to do..

Reaction score
    People love to complain about everything for some stupid reason get used to it :p.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    stupid people love to argue stupid points, but the point I am arguing is fair

Reaction score
    It means the devs are to lazy to fix this site and I have encountered atleast 100 or more bugs by now. its getting freaking annoying.
    I encountered accidental double posting recently, not sure if it really was me or if it has something to do with what you're saying

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    this is wrong..

To clarify, Schema is the most productive and dedicated developer I have ever seen.

And if you'd stay up-to-date on the news, you'd know there IS in fact something greater in the progress. A whole new crafting system, intended to be the first step towards fixing the economy.

Lastly, from personal experience, I would say this new feature is more or less, some gimmick made during a lunchbreak or whatever.
    Maybe I'm wrong at that, but I do know that happens a lot when I see developers eating lunch behind their desktops :p

(Nonetheless, I love this feature. It looks interesting, and would probably make destroying something look much more natural than simply making the blocks disappear.)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    this is wrong..

Sorry, I have no idea what I did. Features like this don't really take a long time, but they always have a positive impact. more than 90% of my work is engine work, and not stuff like this. But a lot of people value those effects. So of course I'm working on other stuff, too, but those things are not really anything to write about, as they are technical and design specific. There are also things that take a longer time.

It really seems that no matter what I do, people will complain, and as you said I shouldn't care about it. But being called lazy for putting in around 10 hours 7 days a week is not really motivating to read. Just understand that there are a lot of things that have to be done, that players won't see in the game.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I didn't complain about engine optimization, anywys people can complain and criticize all they want, schema doesn't have to give a damn about people complaining, it's a very early stage of the game.. let's face it though.. engine optimization is the wisest thing to do..
    Engine optimization usually comes around in beta, or in minecraft's case, never.

Optimizing the engine when any further addition could completely mess it up again is just a waste of time. However, keeping the game playable is also important, and that's what schema has been doing.

Reaction score
    Sorry, I have no idea what I did. Features like this don't really take a long time, but they always have a positive impact. more than 90% of my work is engine work, and not stuff like this. But a lot of people value those effects.
    Keep that up. Details like that are the things that make a game great.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It really seems that no matter what I do, people will complain, and as you said I shouldn't care about it. But being called lazy for putting in around 10 hours 7 days a week is not really motivating to read.
    Then let me help motivate you a little. I'm a 30ish year old with a job, a wife, and two kids. My time is precious, and my free time is sacred. So when I do have free time, its usually spent on gaming, and the game I usually go to is Star-made. :)

This game is great. Just shrug off people lie puck that like to gripe, and keep doing what you are doing.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I remember playing Star Wars: Empire at War and (mind you, this was a while ago) gawking at how a damaged starship would leave a trail of particle effects behind it, like a wounded animal... Needless to say, this new feature brings some of those memories back and I can't wait for missiles/pulsers to literally make chunks of ships disintegrate into space. Hopefully they can do that without having too much resource demand.

Reaction score
    Now I want to see the result of one of those missile storms.
    The ones that figure to get away from the ship, anyways.