The debris in the new dev build are so EPIC!!!!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Nice Video, cool new feature!

but i am a little bit embarrassed... one of the top turrets got damaged, i presume from friendly fire?
    I think it was one of the fighters, they have missiles or it could be simply friendly fire xD

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Nice Video, cool new feature!

but i am a little bit embarrassed... one of the top turrets got damaged, i presume from friendly fire?
    oh wait it was in the beginning of the video... must be because i was fighting other mobs than

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sorry, I have no idea what I did. Features like this don't really take a long time, but they always have a positive impact. more than 90% of my work is engine work, and not stuff like this. But a lot of people value those effects. So of course I'm working on other stuff, too, but those things are not really anything to write about, as they are technical and design specific. There are also things that take a longer time.

It really seems that no matter what I do, people will complain, and as you said I shouldn't care about it. But being called lazy for putting in around 10 hours 7 days a week is not really motivating to read. Just understand that there are a lot of things that have to be done, that players won't see in the game.
    Forget about his comment, your not lazy. Your the EPIC schema keep up the great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    It really seems that no matter what I do, people will complain, and as you said I shouldn't care about it. But being called lazy for putting in around 10 hours 7 days a week is not really motivating to read. Just understand that there are a lot of things that have to be done, that players won't see in the game.
    yeah.. though I mentioned two possibilities .. meaning that you might be just lazy or you are really working on something and if that's the case, my attitude towards these little features remains unchanged, you just automatically take it as if I am attacking you by calling you lazy

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    yeah.. though I mentioned two possibilities .. meaning that you might be just lazy or you are really working on something and if that's the case, my attitude towards these little features remains unchanged, you just automatically take it as if I am attacking you by calling you lazy
    You mentioned it nonetheless.

Now please, let it rest. What would you gain in continuing an argument about you slightly insulting the creator of the game and then denying that you did so? Only hate from the entire sensible community. And thus I say; would you go as far to reach the point of flaming?

Negativity is not your friend in discussions.

Anyhow, let us return to topic. Will this feature be able to be enabled/disabled in the config?
    (Interesting videos you have aceface )

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor

Anyhow, let us return to topic. Will this feature be able to be enabled/disabled in the config?
    no it's client side feature so you can turn it off/on in settings and also the lifetime of the debris

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    ...Change the lifetime of debris? Wow, I guess I'm going to have fun being a litterbug in space!

Reaction score

Now please, let it rest. What would you gain in continuing an argument about you slightly insulting the creator of the game and then denying that you did so? Only hate from the entire sensible community. And thus I say; would you go as far to reach the point of flaming?

Negativity is not your friend in discussions.

your sense of judgement is so wrong :eek:
    I can mention that since I don't know you, who knows, you might be a criminal.. or you could be a cripple in a wheelchair...

also, you tell me to let it rest, but in the same message you are also giving me an initiative to defend myself against untruthful claims
    what's up with that :rolleyes:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I can mention that since I don't know you, who knows, you might be a criminal.. or you could be a cripple in a wheelchair...

also, you tell me to let it rest, but in the same message you are also giving me an initiative to defend myself against untruthful claims
    Two words: Just don't

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    well that needs to change, it would be so awesome!
    I think its because it laggs, because just by shooting with these cannons it goes from 60 fps to 20fps, and imagine if all the blocks that get destroyed when shooting a missile turn into these fragments... lag city

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I think its because it laggs, because just by shooting with these cannons it goes from 60 fps to 20fps, and imagine if all the blocks that get destroyed when shooting a missile turn into these fragments... lag city
    There's a setting for the maximum amount of debris segments that can appear for your client, so thats not an issue

Reaction score
    Schema did have to ask me to help make this possible. It took a grand total of... one hour of my time? Flawless result on first export, letting me move on to other things. It was a great little break. Things like that serve as a break from monotony and feel good to accomplish. Not only do they add to the game while taking very little time at all, they're also refreshing when you've been bashing your head against something, and usually let you return to the more important work feeling better and working more efficiently. I know this is true of myself, and I know this is true of Schema.

It's not much different than if he took a break to play a game for a little while then came back to coding, except this way something new and awesome is added to the game at the same time. Seeing the positive responses of the community and making something he can really see and appreciate is extremely motivating. Though I'm not sure Schema's motivation ever runs out. Still, more motivation can't hurt. ;)

You have to remember, this is what we do for fun, even if it has the inevitable characteristics of work. This is what resonates in our hearts. This is what we've done all our lives, day in and day out. For Schema, StarMade has been a labor of love for many, many years. His nonstop dedication to the development of StarMade has yet to wane. A little time spent to speed up his own development, relieve a little stress and give the community something they love is easily worth it. After taking a tiny break like that, I'd even bet bugs will end up fixed faster than if he hadn't.

this site is bugged -_-.
    Schema and the rest of the Schine team have nothing to do with the code or bug-fixing of the forums. That would distract from game development. That is an issue that will need to be handled by the forum team.

They say, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Please, let it rest.