The Calderon Republic needs you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is an official gesture of goodwill and affection from the Tartaran Empire. It seems that the venerable commanders of Calderon had decided to leave a ship near to our base, perhaps in the vain hope that it could in any way bother us, and left it under AI control. Being the goodhearted people that we are, we ended up cleaning that particular section of space. After all, it is important to keep the environment free of trash.

However, after completing this task, it occurred to us that Calderon might mind losing one of their newest ship models, and so we decided to compensate them by sending them a gift to their base:

As this clearly shows, we pay a great deal of attention to the well-being of our respected neighbours. We even saved a blueprint of the ship so that if they wanted they could ask for it, in case they somehow lost the original. How considerate of us!

Truly, the Calderon homebase is beautified a thousandfold when viewed through a hole made in their (regrettably weak) ships.

P.S.
    It's okay Niner, you can say my name. I was not butthurt, as it is not my custom to get angry over spaceships, win or lose, but it did annoy me when you blatantly falsified what happened only moments after the encounter in public chat, by saying that my ship took major damage when in reality you did not even break my shields.
    Eh u can brag all you want about killing AIs, sad to say 3 of you couldn't kill one of me :p

Reactions: aceface

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well Twoniner, Isnt easy to chase down rats or cowards, you ran from TE fleet. You have prooven that you arent so untouchable as you like to think, next time stand your ground like a man of Calderon republic.

"Rise once again we must, and Rise once again we shall. We have returned, fueled by faith, and motivated by our beliefs. We will achieve what was once lost, after which we will push to new limits!!! None are to say we cannot, let the ignorant be, for carried upon our back Calderon shall prosper once more."

Fueled by faith, i guess you're running on fumes then?
    Motivated by your beliefs? well i guess they arent so strong after all.
    How will you achive to regain lost reputation, lost power, lost morale when the entire Calderon republic see you running like a dishonourable man? instead of standing your ground like a leader should.
    How will you push new limits when you go back?

How will you prosper, when you cant even stand up to the attackers?
    You claim to be next to god when telling us about your fleet but in reality its not functional.

Now, Have a good day Twoniner, I know i will.

Reactions: Zyrr
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well, there's a difference between being brave and being stupid zev, engaging the TE on their home ground even when knowingly outnumbered shows our bravery. Being able to survive under the fire of 2 similarly sized ships and one much larger one shows that our ships are infact well built. And losing ships that we supposed to act as temporary pirate defense until actual defense can be built isn't exactly shameful.

And need I remind you that of all the attacks mounted by the TE non were defended by an actual Calderonian member due to difference in timezones?

I would urge you to try and differentiate role play from seriousness, but it's rather amusing to see you make a fool of yourself :P

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Love how u fail to mention that hole only happened after your friends came to save you lol, and of course after several times of chasing you back to your base
    Nope, thats just incorrect. It didn't actually, that happened right before I started leading you back to the TE base (for the first time, not the second) at the beggining of the fight. I did not do any more damage to your ship other than laser scratches after Chev and Nauvran joined the fight. I am a truly shitty pilot, and if you need to falsify things to make me look worse than I am on my own, you are doing something catastrophically wrong. (Before you claim this shows the quality of the Te's player base, I'm a builder, not a member of the military. The only reason I participate in fights is because I have a liking for seeing things explode.) I remember doing that damage quite clearly, and I was directly in front of you when I did it, maybe 30 metres away from your bow, firing off missiles without locking them on in the hope they would hit something. The top left side missile array (1/4 of that particular system) Impacted with the bow of your ship, carving a fairly deep crater into the right side (from your perspective) of your bow. At this point however, it's your word against mine, and I doubt that your going to admit that your wrong.

Edit:::In case you are confused, I am only talking about the damage that I did, not Chev and Nauvrans. Which is limited to the crater circled in the picture on the last page.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nope, thats just incorrect. It didn't actually, that happened right before I started leading you back to the TE base (for the first time, not the second) at the beggining of the fight. I did not do any more damage to your ship other than laser scratches after Chev and Nauvran joined the fight. I am a truly shitty pilot, and if you need to falsify things to make me look worse than I am on my own, you are doing something catastrophically wrong. (Before you claim this shows the quality of the Te's player base, I'm a builder, not a member of the military. The only reason I participate in fights is because I have a liking for seeing things explode.) I remember doing that damage quite clearly, and I was directly in front of you when I did it, maybe 30 metres away from your bow, firing off missiles without locking them on in the hope they would hit something. The top left side missile array (1/4 of that particular system) Impacted with the bow of your ship, carving a fairly deep crater into the right side (from your perspective) of your bow. At this point however, it's your word against mine, and I doubt that your going to admit that your wrong.

Edit:::In case you are confused, I am only talking about the damage that I did, not Chev and Nauvrans. Which is limited to the crater circled in the picture on the last page.
    I only recalled my shields finally going down after you led me back to for base, fact was that you had help taking my shields down

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I only recalled my shields finally going down after you led me back to for base, fact was that you had help taking my shields down
    You might not noticed the "Shield down" message then, I am 99% certain that that damage occurred before Nauv and Chev joined the fight. The message won't have shown repeatedly, as I only hit you once with the missiles, before I flew back to base, and your shields will have recharged as I was not shooting you in the period in which you were chasing me (Unless you count the single volley of missiles that I fired backwards after your shields went up). Neither of us can prove this either way, however. In any case, I was most certainly not a "dying comrade", the hull damage to my ship was fairly catastrophic, and I can see why you might have thought that, but very little of it went deeper than that, and there was nothing particularly near the core, resulting in the ship not actually being impaired functionally.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You might not noticed the "Shield down" message then, I am 99% certain that that damage occurred before Nauv and Chev joined the fight. The message won't have shown repeatedly, as I only hit you once with the missiles, before I flew back to base, and your shields will have recharged as I was not shooting you in the period in which you were chasing me (Unless you count the single volley of missiles that I fired backwards after your shields went up). Neither of us can prove this either way, however. In any case, I was most certainly not a "dying comrade", the hull damage to my ship was fairly catastrophic, and I can see why you might have thought that, but very little of it went deeper than that, and there was nothing particularly near the core, resulting in the ship not actually being impaired functionally.
    I can agree that we can never be absolutely sure of what truly happened due to the lack of evidence, but the post I made was from my point of perspective.

D

Deleted member 301635

-Mission Report-
    //clearance level (6)
    Security level...
    (Public)

=Begin transmission=

FateFoxyy: I have a new ship that I wanna test out

TwoNiner: gawd that's a lot of dis explosives...

FateFoxyy: don't worry I know it looks ugly but it works, got a target for me to test it on?

Server: shadow raiders have declared war on Calderon Republic

FateFoxyy: I got one!

TwoNiner: *facepalm* you just blew up the wrong ship...

FateFoxyy: Lmao, obviously all part of my plan XD

=end transmission=
    So that's what happened to that destroyer...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    =News=

Approximately 1 hour prior to the Unyielding courage's attack on the TE, the CR's homebase came under attack by a one man faction. The individual was flying a carrier class ship, carrying dozens of turrets and drones. The attacker was first noticed when Overlord TwoNiner was killed after folding into the sector in a shuttle. After respawning at a near by out post, the CNS Glory's End was immediately dispatched to the site. When the ship finally arrived, the intruder had already been engaged by 3 CR AI cruisers. The intruder's ship was extremely well shielded, one Resolution class cruiser's main laser batteries could only deal damage in the single digits. However with the help of the AIs the intruder's shields were finally broken, and It's pilot was forced to retreat in a docked fighter while the battle group laid waste to the abandoned ship.

The damages include 1 shuttle, 1 catalyst class corvette. A peace treaty was offered by the intruder after paying for damages. The CR accepted, not wanting to be distracted from their war with the TE.

Unfortunately no pictures were taken due to our camera man's incompetence and his brain being asleep at 3:30am.

LunaIsBestPony

token ruskie
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    username: LunaIsBestPony
    past factions: Various random ones, can't remember their names
    role you would like: A captain
    post a ship you have made: http://i.imgur.com/g8rruHs.png
    and lastly your reason for joining: 1: I want a faction, 2: I can build things that look semi-decent

Reaction score
    username: LunaIsBestPony
    past factions: Various random ones, can't remember their names
    role you would like: A captain
    post a ship you have made: http://i.imgur.com/g8rruHs.png
    and lastly your reason for joining: 1: I want a faction, 2: I can build things that look semi-decent
    Lol i t might help if you don't apply to two factions who are both at war with one another.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    =NEWS=

Exactly 10 hours ago, the Tartaran Empire launched an attack on Calderon's ally Mercenary Guild, destroying a ship at the same time killing player Iv121. Provoked by the attack, Mercenary Guild along with their Calderon allies mounted an immediate counter attack. As planned Iv121 was the first to fold into the Tartaran base, being engaged by ex Emperor Incap in a Manticore Class Destroyer. Soon after the CNS Righteous Fury folded into the battle, engaging the defending Tartaran ship from it's rear. Surrounded, Ex Emperor Incap was mercilessly killed in action, the final blow was a missile barrage by Iv121's ship. Although another TE member MrTargareyan was present and sitting inside another Manticore Class Destroyer, he never undocked from the TE's base to join the fight.

The following picture shows the Calderon-Mercenary strike force in the battles aftermath, awaiting to see if MrTargarenyan would undock:

Reaction score
    Just saying, shooting someone in the back doesn't make you some glorious hero, it makes you a coward.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just saying, shooting someone in the back doesn't make you some glorious hero, it makes you a coward.
    Well, to be fair they had 3 people firing at me from 3 different directions during our previous engagement.

And besides, it's called being smart enough to out maneuver your enemy, something the modern military uses frequently

TE brags about killing CR's AI ships no one bats an eye, CR brags about killing a manner TE ship and everyone loses their mind.

Reaction score
    Aye, but funnily enough, using 3 people in direct engagement, when you knew they were there, is different to just appearing and shooting someone in the back.
    Also, it's not "Out maneuvering" if you just warp in, and shoot them in the back.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    =NEWS=

Exactly 10 hours ago, the Tartaran Empire launched an attack on Calderon's ally Mercenary Guild, destroying a ship at the same time killing player Iv121. Provoked by the attack, Mercenary Guild along with their Calderon allies mounted an immediate counter attack. As planned Iv121 was the first to fold into the Tartaran base, being engaged by ex Emperor Incap in a Manticore Class Destroyer. Soon after the CNS Righteous Fury folded into the battle, engaging the defending Tartaran ship from it's rear. Surrounded, Ex Emperor Incap was mercilessly killed in action, the final blow was a missile barrage by Iv121's ship. Although another TE member MrTargareyan was present and sitting inside another Manticore Class Destroyer, he never undocked from the TE's base to join the fight.

The following picture shows the Calderon-Mercenary strike force in the battles aftermath, awaiting to see if MrTargarenyan would undock:
    Just to clarify, I left to go and eat dinner just after the attack on Iv121, by the time I got back, Incap was already dead, I was on my own at the base, and you two were sitting outside it. Defending comrades is one thing, so yeah, sure, if I had got back a few minutes earlier when the fight was still going on, I would have undocked and fought. But Incap is a far better pilot than I will ever be, and was flying the same ship, so putting myself in the same situation which he could not come out of, would be a waste of ships and credits, with levels of futility similar to trying to solve world hunger by throwing expensive jewelry at your bedroom wall and muttering to yourself.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I won't blame you cuz I honestly would have done the same thing were I to be put in a similar situation, but I hope now you can empathize with me when I was forced to retreat during the other engagement. Acts like these should not be considered as cowardice.

It's the difference between being brave and just being plain stupid.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Aye, but funnily enough, using 3 people in direct engagement, when you knew they were there, is different to just appearing and shooting someone in the back.
    Also, it's not "Out maneuvering" if you just warp in, and shoot them in the back.
    Thanks for proving the point that we are smarter then the TE at maneuvering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.