Texture Pack,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    any chance you can update the version of this texture pack?I followed your instructions, but starmade just crashes.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I\'m afraid the crash indicates a failed installation.

The image files are not corrupt, so if they go in the right place it all works (it is just image files). If you tell me what you are trying to install i can guide you through it in more details if you like? Just give me a PM.

regarding new textures...

Guys, i\'m pretty busy and currently trying to find work. Unfortunately this hobby project has to take a back seat until i\'m in a better position with free time. I\'ll try and keep updating it all and maybe even release a realistic texture pack in the future... but don\'t expect it any time soon.

Glad you liked the sample though!

Reaction score
    Outstanding work Kupu :)

Love the look of the realistic ones as well if you manage to get time to complete the set.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Cheers man,

I\'d like to make another texture pack some time soon. Lets hope i can get things sorted and find some free time.

quick joke sample. what if starmade was set in 1969?

I was thinking about texture pack themes.

My current is quite cartoony.. so i would do something completely different next time.

My new one could be retro futuristic? grunge? clean JJ Abrams sci-fi? Old school 1969 sci fi movie?

Such fun to think about. (hence the little retro monitors)

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    A true piece of art Kupu! simply amazing work sir! (salute) Keep up the outstanding work! :)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    thanks mrsinister. i should of put a question mark on the end of my last post though!

What style would you like to see in starmade?

something like a 2001 space oddesy? something like Alien? something like JJ abrams Star Treks?

Reaction score
    A steam punk version maybe ? Bio shock inspired or something Jules Vern would use?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    something new kupu and that is the Pulse weapons that are in the new update now their is also a effect system as well (dont know if that will mean anything just wanted to throw that in) but thats pretty mutch it just 2 new blocks or 1 keep up the good work on the texture pack ;)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    With the new 0.09384 update (9/8/2013) there were additional blocks added.

New texture packs and build icons are availible.

Changelog:

-Hull colours desaturated slightly.

-Grass less vibrant and a deeper green.

-New factory textures.

-New Pulse cannon / Computer textures

-Updated build icons and fixed grey / black swaps.

-More transparent water block.

Older pack downloads are still online, but out of date. Please update for a complete pack.

=================

64x64 : http://rapidshare.com/files/2910951803/64x64.zip

128x128 : http://rapidshare.com/files/4120216526/128x128.zip

256x256 : http://rapidshare.com/files/4279823961/256x256.zip

Build Icons : http://rapidshare.com/files/3094676780/Build%20Icons.zip

=================

Build Icon installation; Over write the 2 \'build icon\' .png files found in Starmade > Data > image-resources with the 2 newly downloaded .png files.

(My HUD is still 100% compatible found here : http://rapidshare.com/files/2567487786/image-resource.zip although the build icons will need updating, Link above. )

for a backlog of information and downloads, visit http://tomberridge.blogspot.com

Cheers!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really nice stuff! A clean Abrams Trek Pack could be really cool! Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    Kupu, if you do decide to take a crack at a more realistic pack, I would love to see something that is kind of a cleaned up (or I guess less grungy) version of your initial test images. The whole self cobbling of ships made from a mixture of bought, stolen and slavaged materials lends itself well to a \"It ain\'t pretty, but it works\" shoe string and bubble gum feel, if you get my drift. A Space Odyssey pack would be neat too for the retro feel. :P

Either way great job on you current pack and good luck on the job hunt!

Reaction score
    I think a grungy pack and a clean realistic pack could be done with the same base textures, just add the grunge effect on top and then offer two versions? I really like the realistic version as all of the current texture packs are much more cartoony (yours is still my fav)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello. Your texture pack is amazing. I\'ve been using since I started playing the game.

I\'ve noticed a problem though. Can you try and bring the specular light down? As it is right now, with direct sun light, all your blocks will turn to a burned white color.

I\'ve been messing around with the files in the Shaders folders, but with no satisfatory results.

Thanks for this amazing texture pack Kupu

Reaction score
    Coincidentally... Same thing here, been messing around with shaders, but I can\'t find out what files or values are used to determine specularity brightness.

I\'ve setup a thread here for it: http://star-made.org/content/starmades-shaders

Gonna keep trying till I find something

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hey guys,

A few people have mentioned this now, but unfortunately its not something i know enough about to edit. I understand what you mean though, grass in particular is really hurt by the shaders.

Like i said, i don\'t know much about shaders, but it seems as if the lighting is affecting all blocks as if the material is irrelevant. Would be nice to see organic materials reflect light differently.

I supose i can look into it. But don\'t hold your breath... I\'ll be venturing into the unknown.

If your experimenting yeilds any results, give me a PM. Always happy to chat about this sort of stuff.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    lol you need to ask about an Aliens texture pack??? LOL! Ofcourse I am going to say hell yeah! Aliens is one of my all time favorite movies....I even drew a custom Alien Hive warrior that I then had tattoo\'d covering my whole back. :) And it would be interesting to see what you come up with.

...my back:

and yeah...its not done yet...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you like aliens, you should check this out: http://www.hrgiger.com/

I have a book with his work, and it\'s really great.