Texture Pack,

Reaction score
    Could you add a gun texture for the gun in the new update please!

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    lol, I have been to that site when it was first coming online....I also have signed art books from him.... along with many other things...... but thank you for the suggestion. Yeah, Giger has been one of my favorite artists since 1978.

Reaction score
    Would it be possible to do an alternate pack with darker shades. I like the visual look to the pacl, but the blue, purple, brown and yellow are a bit to light pastel for my preference. Maybe the more royal versions of the colors aka Royal blue and purple and golden yellow of the bright canary yellow. as for the brown if it could be closer to bronze that would be great...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I have altered the colours a little before, and still intend to play some more, however getting a balance of my desired colours and then seeing what actually happends when the shaders hit them is getting tedious.

With respect, I don\'t intend to change the texture pack based on ones personal preferences.

Please don\'t think me rude or brushing you off, i understand people have different tastes and would like different things delivered from custom texture packs. If i could please everybody, belive me i would. But unfortunately i don\'t have the time to alter and re-distribute for every individual demand i have recived (there have been a lot all varying wildly! haha).

Hope you understand, sorry pal.

Reaction score
    I undestand totaly, I know it takes time to fine tune the colors especialy with the shaders causing the colors to shift in tone. I am just grateful that there are those out there like yourself who are taking an interest in this game and doing custome texture packs.

Thank you for the reply.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    hello sir,

I can sympathize, there\'s been plenty of scenario\'s where I have been in that very situation. From me to you......

do what you want, and how you want. It is after all YOUR texture pack and you were kind enough to give it to the rest of us. I use it as a base for my own alterations, which I have stated in this thread that I have changed things here n there, according to my taste....for instance, the hardened hull....I loved your original....but after seeing it in game, I opted for the newer version...lol then after seeing that in game on my Sulaco, I then went and made my own semi-seemless design with some very slight scuffs here n there with a small boarder, and that came out quite nice and matched what I was needing. I then took that and toned down the colors, so now I have a really nice fairly deep red not semi-flourecent (not saying your red was bad...I just didn\'t need day glow) I also did not change your standard hull, as more colors / different colors are a bonus in my book....which leaves more options for things. :) I also gave your glass a slight tint, clear was great, but I needed a tint......overall, your hard work, attention to detail, skill, has provided me not only with a superb texture pack, and GUI, but also a fantastic base to start implementing my own little edits here n there, if needed. And I for one, appreciate your hard work and free-time spent on giving us such a masterpiece.

this is Delta-40 out.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Thanks man, i like hearing of others adopting and adapting my stuff. Dire Badger was doing the same and added in some nice grates and catwalk blocks. Mix and match, fine tune and most of all just create something you want to look at!

I appreciate your appreciation! seriously do.

On a side note; i think i might start dabbling with a new texture pack. Our brief chat on the Alien franchise got me thinking about new ideas... I will probably stay away from the Giger side of things, but i\'d be quite keen to draw inspiration from the Weyland ships and technology. That gritty 80\'s future tech.

A Blade Runner / Aliens / Total Recal vibe. Something along those lines.

(...oh god. but then i get all confused and want to make something white and crisp! maybe i\'ll flip a coin)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    But keep watching, i\'ll eventually work on the vibrancy of hulls. Maybe the newer edit (whenever it may be) would be more in your favour.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Make a texture similar to that of the minecraft Sphax, the one that the yogscast use in most of their tekkit series? Would that be possible?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I\'ll not be making another texture pack emulating Sphax\'s minecraft textures. Sorry.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    For all you guys asking for this and that, I don\'t want to be rude, but editing a texture pack isn\'t that hard. You can use Photshop, or GIMP, and edit all you want. That\'s what i\'m doing, and Kupu realy only need your aplause, because his texture pack is realy well design and done.

Hehe, Giger look would be great, but I\'ll wait for your next release with antecipation. I did call Giger because it\'s almost the oposite of this texture pack, with a dark and \"evil\" feeling.

Ty for not doing sphax. That\'s not what this game needs.

Reaction score
    Go for gritty! :D

White and crisp is nice and all, but sterile corridors and ships get old after a while. I can never, personally, stand shows or movies that show these super clean, crisp, ships. Makes stations and ships look like they belong in a museum rather than something that has ever been in a dog fight, been pitted by micro debris while traveling at high speeds, or had seen any kind of extensive use and repair.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    and about the gritty aliens textures, blade runner, etc that\'s what I was getting at when you mentioned Aliens. NOT H.R.Giger, lol which I can do myself....but yeah, would be interesting to see what you come up with as I had mentioned before. :)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    New update for the v0.09386 patch.

Change log:

- Faction permission block added.

Download links:

64x64 : http://rapidshare.com/files/330311334/64.zip

128x128 : http://rapidshare.com/files/1267012440/128.zip

256x256 : http://rapidshare.com/files/292913743/256.zip

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I don\'t update the alternate hulls.

It was given out as a resource really, not a full pack. If you want to copy the alt\' hulls from the t000 and drop them into the new t000 pack then feel free.

All of the old download links are still active.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    If you followed the newest links to the newest versions you will find not only the new pulse computer and pulsator are textured, but also the faction block for the very latest update v0.09386.

(I would appreciate you edit your post as to avoid further confusion to those that might not read the thread correctly.)

Incase you missed my post only 2 above your own, here are the download links again to the latest packs.

64x64: http://rapidshare.com/files/330311334/64.zip

128x128: http://rapidshare.com/files/1267012440/128.zip

256x256: http://rapidshare.com/files/292913743/256.zip

Reaction score
    Oh I think I know what was the problem. When I download the textures by itself and install them, the pulse computer and pulsator have icons. But when I install your HUD, there are no icons for those.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    The build icons have not been updated yet, nor the HUD for the past 2 patches.

When i have the time i will add in the newer icons and fix it up.

I try and visibly release everything and brand it as the latest on the front and last page of this thread as well as in the general discussion thread. You can also find the latest versions on my newest blog posts and also twitter. So when it goes up, it should hopefully be obvious when checking my content.

Thanks for re-checking and editing your post, it would save quite a lot of confusion for the first time viewers / downloaders.

Like i said, as soon as i can update the HUD i\'ll upload it here and everywhere i can. Keep an eye out. Cheers, kupu.